PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about PSP Homebrew & Emulators

Anonynewf
October 27th, 2005, 05:08
Are the PSP emulators like the ones for PC in the fact that with PC Emulators you can leave the gamess zipped up, or do you have to unzip them before putting them on the PSP?

Can the PSPGBA emulator run GB/GBC games?

Is Dgen currently the best Genesis emulator?

I noticed there was a Notepad application for homebrew, if you could find a keyboard with Type B USB slot would it work with this application?

Thanks and sorry about the noob questions :P

10shu
October 27th, 2005, 06:27
1-some emulator support zip compressed romz..just read the nfo when you try to install them...

2-i don t think so...use RIN to play your GB and GBC romz

3-dgen works verywell...but freeze on speedball 2 sometime. i use pspgenesis

4-no i don t think so...

Anonynewf
October 27th, 2005, 15:20
Thanks for your response. I also seem to be having some trouble. I've tried both PSPGenesis and Dgen and I can't get either to work. I'm on a 1.50 system, I have gotten NesterJ, SnesPSP TYL, and PSPGBA to work.

When unzipping Dgen there are two Dgen folders, and each with an Eboot.PBP. One is named Dgen______________ and the other is named Dgen__~1%. When I try uploading the eboot from Dgen______________ with Kxploit it won't upload properly and when I try uploading the eboot from Dgen__~1% with Kxploit, it uploads fine but when I start up the emulator I get an error: 80020130

When I try uploading PSPGenesis with Kxploit, it uploads fine btu when I try and start the emulator, my screen looks like this:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7548/pspgen9ry.jpg

The only way to do anything, is exit the emulator with the home button. Any suggestions?

Panzer_Faust
October 27th, 2005, 20:32
try PsickoPortable 0.2b link->mobile deviant downloads (http://www.mobiledeviant.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20)

Make a backup of your memorycard and format it, then try dgen?

You donīt need kxploit for dgen.

Anonynewf
October 27th, 2005, 21:09
I'm so dumb.

There are two folders with eboot and one of them had a % symbol into it. I should have realized that I didn't need kxploit.

Thanks!

mikel8282
October 27th, 2005, 22:03
i've downloaded nester j, nes for psp, and snes9x........i've loaded the e-boot files to each, but when i try to load them on the psp all i get is "the game could not be started (800200001)...........help me please!!!!!...i need some advice

mikel8282
October 27th, 2005, 22:05
help me please!!! none of the emulators will work for me... all i get is "the game could not be started (800200001).......please, i know i;m not a total idiot, but this makes me feel like a total noob

mikel8282
October 27th, 2005, 22:21
please someone, anyone, everyone, just one person help me!!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :confused: :mad: why won't my emu's work on the psp?!?!?!?

Cross
October 27th, 2005, 22:45
Is your PSP a 1.50? You gave hardly any info thats why ur being ignored. (They assume ur like everyone else who just does things and does not read the FAQ section) Look through the FAQ's I have a great review that can help you in there just look for my name on the thread it will give you a quick easy walk through if you do not have version 1.50 YOU CAN NOT PLAY HOMEBREW!!!

You can downgrade from 2.00 to 1.50 but look through the FAQ for how, if you ask u will mostlikely get yelled at for not looking through the FAQ's.

If you have a 2.01 or above your ****ed... just deal with it and do not ask when it will be cracked... or you will get yelled at again.

mikel8282
October 27th, 2005, 22:55
yes i have 1.5, and the readme files are all is something thats not quite english

Anonynewf
October 29th, 2005, 20:14
yes i have 1.5, and the readme files are all is something thats not quite english

If you have 1.5 and and you're getting the error you mentioned above then you probably just need to upload some of the emulators with Kxploit:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/kx-exploit.shtml

There's step by step instructions on how to use it within the zip file. If when you download an emulato and there are 2 folders (each with an eboot file) and one of them has a '%' at the end of the folder then you don't need to use kxploit to upload the emulator.

Next time try the search function for your error to see if it has been covered already. The problem I had earlier wasn't listed.

Cheers.