PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun

wraggster
August 4th, 2008, 15:30
Today at its DK Sigma3173 Event, Square Enix made a series of announcements.

Director Motomu Toriyama didn't beat around the bush when Nomura asked him questions about the 360 FFXIII. Starting off, he reconfirmed that, "We haven't changed the direction of the development. We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later." That means that since the game will be released simultaneously on both platforms in North America and Europe, the PS3 release will be held back in those territories until the 360 version is complete.

Furthermore, Toriyama also revealed that, as of July 29, his team hasn't yet received the tools needed to begin work on the Xbox 360 version of FFXIII. "I'm telling them to not think about the Xbox 360 right now," he said. "We can think about it after the development kits arrive."

The designer also reassured PS3 owners that the game's quality would not suffer due to the 360 port. "We aren't going to change any specifications [of FFXIII] because of the multi-platform announcement," he declared. "Right now, we're fully concentrating on the PS3 version."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6195345.html

JKKDARK
August 4th, 2008, 15:44
Well, I hope it will not take a lot of time. I t would be better both versions at the same time or week, but oh well at lieast it's coming :)