PDA

View Full Version : Team Ico's new game will take "four years"

Shrygue
August 4th, 2008, 20:36
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194535)

SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has briefly mentioned Fumito Ueda and Team Ico's new PS3 game, which he says is looking "really, really good".

In an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine UK, Yoshida hinted that it could be a while before we see the Shadow of the Colossus team's new game.

"They are working on a title," he told the mag. "I started the ICO project. Ueda-san joined my team in Japan as a cinematic animator, but he created a short movie and presented it to me and said, 'I want to make this game.'

"I said, 'Yes, let's do it, but you have never made a game. We have to have experienced people do it,' so it took a while, recruiting one person at a time. And because Fumito Ueda doesn't compromise, we had to move the development from PSone to PlayStation 2. Then I couldn't complete the game because I moved to the United States.

"It took four years and the second game took four years too," the new Sony games boss continued."So I started calling them the 'Olympic Team.' They haven't released a PS3 title yet - of course not - they'll take four years! But they have something really, really good on the way." Hopefully we'll see something next year, then?

An image of the mysterious Ico PS3 game emerged earlier this year, showing a ancient, stone environment that wouldn't be out of place in either of the previous two games.