View Full Version : Official 2200mAh Internal Sony Battery Released

wraggster
October 27th, 2005, 22:27
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-sony-battery-2200.jpg

New battery from Sony:

20% more battery life than original PSP battery pack
3.6V / 2200mAh
Official Sony PSP accessory

This is essentially an enhanced/extended battery with about 20% more battery life capacity than its predecessor, the original Sony PSP battery pack

More here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=7897&lsaid=219793

Terial
October 27th, 2005, 22:52
Battery storage has never been able to keep up with the large amount of electricity needed for allot of mobile devices. While I know it probably took A LOT of work by sony to develope a more powerfull battery this quickly, I don't think 20% more mAh is enough to constitute for a new battery release. But, if sony can continue to increase the battery life as they have doneso already, i look forward to seeing this.
I myself have two 1800 mAh PSP batteries, and that is usually enough for me for an entire day. (I do suck away quite a bit of power somedays :D ) I don't think many people will buy this battery seeing as how many other battery options are avalable, (cheaper for more power) but most are bulcky and look like they would get annoying. hmmmm kudos sony, now.... just leave our homebrew out of it. :rolleyes:

Psychondrius
October 27th, 2005, 23:47
If sony can make AA 3200mah ni-mh batteries, then they can probably make 3200mah li-ion batteries. I think its best to wait for their PSP batteries to catch up before attempting to buy a new battery. I wonder why other battery companies havent come up with internal batteries of their own for the PSP yet?

- Psycho

YourStillWithMe
October 27th, 2005, 23:56
Whether or not i get this will have to depend on the cost. i'm feeling that its gonna be a good deal for some reason.

vincesecuricor2005
October 28th, 2005, 00:05
i cant wait as my psp tends to drain before the end of the day currently