PDA

View Full Version : Halo Zero for PSP Released

V3N0M
August 5th, 2008, 08:27
Hey guys,

I've been out of the scene for sometime now and I came across an old project of mine that I never really got around to finishing..

Yes its Halo Zero for PSP written in LUA script by me (V3N0M) Now before you get your hopes up this is a few hours of work I had put into this game a long time ago and figured since I wont be around too much anymore I should release it. Understand that this release is extremely buggy and only purpose is to show that work was done on the game although unfinished.

I will be attending college here in the fall, I've got a great girlfriend that supports me in everything I do and other plans for the future. So life is kinda hectic at the moment but enough about my personal life :rofl:

I've grown and learned a lot this past year so if there is demand for it I might pick this project back up and rewrite the code in C anything but LUA!!! Its a nice scripting language but a very limited one at that!

Credits to-

dobermann
V3N0M
PSPdemon
Vettacrossx
Vendeta
cartmandude14

Awesome PSP Site's

Homebrew Heaven
The Playground
DCEmu

..and to anyone else I forgot to mention who helped out.

Thanks! :p

Feel free to post this on any other new sites.

Download and screenshots via comments

Eviltaco64
August 5th, 2008, 09:31
V3N0M, I remember you, hows life been?
Also nice release ;)

ojdon
August 5th, 2008, 10:37
Hey guys,
dobermann

Hey, I know this is off-topic but is this the same dobermann who worked on a Sonic X-Treme Fan Game? I swear that he was working on a project similar to this one as well.

dejkirkby
August 5th, 2008, 11:17
Thanks for this V3N0M.
Hope all goes well at college. Pop back at see us from time to time!

V3N0M
August 5th, 2008, 16:06
V3N0M, I remember you, hows life been?
Also nice release ;)

Haha life has been good just busy. I just turned 18 last June and thing have been going fast. I'm heading out to Los Vegas tonight for a wedding and when I get back a couple buddies and I are going to find an apartment. Oh and I have a new job at Olive Garden as a busser until I can be a server ( Have to be 19 to serve alcohol in idaho.. stupidest thing ever lol ) Its good money to get by on.

Hey, I know this is off-topic but is this the same dobermann who worked on a Sonic X-Treme Fan Game? I swear that he was working on a project similar to this one as well.

I'm not sure if its the same dobermann from the original Halo Zero for PC then yes :p

Thanks for this V3N0M.
Hope all goes well at college. Pop back at see us from time to time!

Well its not much but its something. Thanks and best of luck to you too. Haha I don't think your gonna get rid of me that fast I'll check in from time to time. Your should PM me your MSN or AIM if you have one. cya!

Mr. Shizzy
August 5th, 2008, 16:29
V3NOM - Good to see your still around here and there...

If you ever get around to it, I would love to see this homebrew ported to C.

Other than that, thanks for the update, and best of luck to you in your life :)

~ Mr. Shizzy

PS: I'll hit you up on MSN when I get some free time :D

PSPdemon
August 5th, 2008, 16:32
i specifically said not to release it until we found a way to make all the artwork into a container....

and you release it anyway?

d-_-b --<( ... )

ashamanmiller
August 5th, 2008, 16:39
sweet... looks like an awesome release... thx man!

maxipower90
August 5th, 2008, 18:42
i specifically said not to release it until we found a way to make all the artwork into a container....

d-_-b --<( ... )

o.O

lol

Strongbadunit2
August 5th, 2008, 19:55
sweet please continue :D

Buddy4point0
August 5th, 2008, 20:57
I remember this.
MANN this is old haha.

I got a new psp but I haven't managed to hack it yet so I can't try this though.

Sterist
August 6th, 2008, 02:56
Haha life has been good just busy. I just turned 18 last June and thing have been going fast. I'm heading out to Los Vegas tonight for a wedding and when I get back a couple buddies and I are going to find an apartment. Oh and I have a new job at Olive Garden as a busser until I can be a server ( Have to be 19 to serve alcohol in idaho.. stupidest thing ever lol ) Its good money to get by on.

so are you from socal or idaho? make your mind lol

carlitx
August 6th, 2008, 03:49
nice release, thanks :)

V3N0M
August 6th, 2008, 08:35

d-_-b --<( ... )

Well I was the leader of the project so I will do what I want and does it really matter? I'm sorry to be so harsh but get a life bro.

so are you from socal or idaho? make your mind lol

Haha well I grew up in socal but I live in idaho now. I guess i should change that.

But to sum things up I will check in every now and again but this should be my last comment on anything for a while. Anyways thanks and I will see you guys later! :p

openboxfilms
August 6th, 2008, 09:19
OMG! OMG! OMG! Thank you V3NOM, and happy trails! EDIT: Does this run on 4.01m33-slim? I can't seem to be able to run it.

Eviltaco64
August 6th, 2008, 09:58
Well I was the leader of the project so I will do what I want and does it really matter? I'm sorry to be so harsh but get a life bro.

*Gets PSPDemon ready to fight.

PSPdemon
August 6th, 2008, 12:38

Okay then :)

if youd like to continue the project, then look somewhere else for your sprite ripper and such ;) cause you make the calls and dont have to respect/listen to other team members.

hope your project becomes a success!

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Eviltaco64
August 6th, 2008, 12:46
<EvilAway64> <Sonicboy101> You go girl

openboxfilms
August 6th, 2008, 23:09
Again, has anyone been successful by running this on slim?(Too lazy to run on fat)

kevintrooper
August 7th, 2008, 04:57
My Phat broke and now only have my slim :P, can someone help me to get this running... is whats the best lua emu... for slim?!

gangsta854
August 7th, 2008, 21:02
finally a halo comes out for psp nice

kevintrooper
August 7th, 2008, 21:08
edit: can someone tell me why it wont run on slim.. i know u dont need a emu, but.. what DO i need?

openboxfilms
August 9th, 2008, 09:05
you need to download a LUAPlayer, this one won't work.

jewwarrior
March 28th, 2009, 21:59
this isnt working for me =(

Niax
June 7th, 2009, 14:16
Hey this is pretty cool :D
I can't put 3d halo on psp so this works :thumbup:

doomxaxxtra
February 12th, 2013, 16:49
awesome!! But how do I download.

frozwa
March 7th, 2013, 01:57