PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.7

wraggster
August 5th, 2008, 16:08
News/release from Hell Hibou: (http://wiihomebrewlauncher.be.cx/)

I just put online version 0.7 of Wii Homebrew Launcher has the following changes:

Adding sound a channel (a thank you Zenome and TGames)
Using libfat
Support for long file names
Cleaning the source code and rewrite in C + +
The bug display mode 60Hz with RGB cable is fixed
In the file "system.ini", the parameter VideoMode no longer supported
Adding a theme selector
Changing the light effect when access the SD card
The icons of the channels appear as a measure of loading
Support SDgecko (beta)
Check if the files fraud and elf are valid before launch
If a chain has no icon, the name will appear in the icon
The default language is English
The reset button menu brings the Wii (since the interface only)
Various small corrections
Adding a 'ROM loader' (beta): Passage of a command line with the path of the Homebrew Roma via function 'main (int argc, char ** argv)' for homebrew created with DevkitPro> = 1.4 .7

At the start, you arrive at a list of channels. One lets you homebrew as previous versions, 2nd lets you homebrew found in the APPS directory, in order to be compatible with 'Homebrew Browser' and not having to move homebrew directory APPS HOMEBREW the directory for launch.

Topics A chain was added to select the theme to use. Several themes are included in the archive. A note however that if the theme contains a music form, it will be taken into account after the restart Hoembrew.

The support has been added SDgecko but has not been tested. Although this feature can only interest, the technique used should allow in the future to add other sources that the (s) SDgecko and FrontSD for loading homebrew.

In addition a chain Emulators was added, the latter is to list the Roma disonibles emulator for a specific and launch rom directly from the interface. It is a sort of personal version of the 'virtual console'. However, this requires some modifications to the emulator. That is why a version of the emulator RIN is included in the installation package. I took the opportunity to add support for the Wiimote and the classic lever. You can assign an icon to the Roma in the same manner as for a hombrew hands donant the same name in the image as the Roma (with an extension PNG or BMP). For developers wishing to integrate Wii Homebrew Launcher their emulator, a demonstration program is available under 'Downloads' and the sources of emulation RIN. The passage of argument is via the 'main (int argc, char ** argv)' and recovering values as any program in C. This is valid with a version of DevKitPro> = 1.4.7 or libOGC> = 20080602.Cependant, I was under an obligation to separate the various parameters by a tab character because I'm not happened to separate the various parameters (I do not know if there is a specific procedure that I do not know or do not know if libOGC simply not manage multiple parameters). This problem was solved by creating a small library included in the example 'emulator_argv' available under 'Downloads'. For installation, nothing more simple, cut your Game Boy Color Roma in the directory / EMULATOR / NIR / ROMS.

Finally, be aware that the Wiimote pointer was not implemented: the use of this feature due to freez the console for a few seconds. So I preferred to turn off the pointer. The function allows the return of the Homebrew loader still does not work (she is planting the Wii).

Download Here (http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/WiiHL-07.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

slipknot1564
August 5th, 2008, 22:37
So... is this any better then the HBC?
I wouldn't think so?