PDA

View Full Version : Sony: We don't need the 'senior citizen' gamers

wraggster
August 5th, 2008, 17:46
Sony Computer Entertainment America's Scott Steinberg has told GamesIndustry.biz that the company has no desire to mimic Nintendo's strategy to hook in the older demographic of people who have never played videogames before - because by getting PlayStation 2 users to upgrade to PlayStation 3 will give them a "hands-down" next-gen victory.

"I think the reality is that we will win hands-down if we convert the PS2 owners to PS3," he said. "When we look at the total available market, we salivate at the notion of converting our existing PS2 universe.

"Every million units we drop into the PS2 is an annuity that's going to pay out later on for PS3 upgrades, and we've got some interesting ideas on how to reach out to those PS2 owners in the US and convert them up.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-we-don-t-need-the-senior-citizen-gamers

Qmark
August 5th, 2008, 18:39
I'm not buying a PS3 until PSthree.

Triv1um
August 5th, 2008, 22:01
Why?

Is size really that important? Its a stationary console.

kjikulu
August 6th, 2008, 01:09
" I think the reality is that we will win hands-down if we convert the PS2 owners to PS3,"

It's almost like religion lol, watch them start to 'convert' nintendo players next.

I guess I would do the same thing in such a position, first the PS2 owners, then the world!:thumbup: