PDA

View Full Version : Wii Systemmenu hacks

wraggster
August 5th, 2008, 18:09
Crediar has posted a video of a Wii System Menu hack boasting these features:

This hack includes:
*No healthwarning (the blackscreen is the time it needs to load the channels)
*region free Wii games
*region free GC games
*region free channels
*start the build-in rescue menu when Y is pressed on the first GC controller
*rescue menu patch to boot everything not just diag-discs
*No mainmenu BGM

more to come

http://www.youtube.com/v/HZY2XSWc2F0

Thoughts Via Comments

therpham
August 5th, 2008, 19:51
How much of everything is everything? If this enables backups, Nintendo will not be pleased.

Yami Mario
August 5th, 2008, 20:01
Epic. Is this like a custom frimware?

KristenBaldousor
August 5th, 2008, 21:01
Nice.

masterchief929
August 5th, 2008, 21:14
pointless and not to mention pretty useless. "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT MY WII THAT DOESN'T HAVE A HEALTH WARNING SCREEN! IT ALSO HAS CHANNELS I CAN'T UNDERSTAND!!!"

zonatar
August 5th, 2008, 21:44
pointless and not to mention pretty useless. "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT MY WII THAT DOESN'T HAVE A HEALTH WARNING SCREEN! IT ALSO HAS CHANNELS I CAN'T UNDERSTAND!!!"

well, for me it's something about this:

HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT MY WII THAT CAN PLAY EVERYGAME WII, GC AND CHANNEL (INCLUDED WIIWARE AND VIRTUAL CONSOLE) OH YES, IT DOESN'T HAVE THE WARNING SCREEN TOO...

Sound a little more attractive for me :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Tichinde925
August 5th, 2008, 21:56
Does that autoboot games that are put into the Wii when the game is turned on and "Y" is pressed on the GC controller?

That would work ggrea as I would no longer need to navigate the menus.

____anders____
August 5th, 2008, 22:53
region free is cool.. but i have that on gecko region free app:D

great work

Khorney
August 6th, 2008, 02:14
talk to me when we can boot iso's from SD. still, a leap forward for us continually deprived european types

AndrewArsonn
August 6th, 2008, 05:18
Nice, all that's left is to replace the health warning with something that looks cool. :)

EDIT: And what are the few of you people bitching about? progress is progress. *bitch slap*

paralipsis
August 6th, 2008, 05:37
I've been hoping to see a region-free GC game loader for a while. I am really looking forward to giving this a try.

elk1007
August 9th, 2008, 09:55
Does this let you boot backups?
I am unsure @_@

IAmSancho
September 8th, 2008, 02:30
WARNING! NOOB ALERT!!!

I was wondering on the chances of this ruining my Wii. I have a Freeloader-capable system, and unless the chances of this not ruining my Wii in the longrun is high, I'm not sure if I'll take part in this. Don't get me wrong, I would love to not have to worry about fermware updates voiding my ability to play new games, but its a reasonable problem