PDA

View Full Version : Wii MotionPlus Will Be "Very Affordable"

Shrygue
August 5th, 2008, 18:12
via Gizmodo (http://uk.gizmodo.com/2008/08/05/wii_motionplus_will_be_very_af.html)

The best news on the Wii front since the imminent arrival of the Wii MotionPlus add-on for the Wii's remote is today's revelation that Nintendo is going to keep the cost of the MotionPlus down.

According to the latest from Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, the company is aiming to keep the cost of the peripheral so low so that people can afford to buy them for all of their Wiimotes.

He told the WSJ:

"There will be games that will be enhanced by the Wii MotionPlus as well as games that can only be played with it. Users will need four if they have four controllers, but we're going to try to offer it for as little as possible. We haven't announced the price yet, but the cost of making the Wii MotionPlus is not that much, so I think we can make it very affordable."

Wii MotionPlus clicks onto the bottom of the Wiimote to greatly improve the responsiveness of the controller on-screen. It makes it far more accurate and promises instant response between your swishing arm and what happens in the game.

wolfpack
August 5th, 2008, 18:18
it shouldve been improved from the start -_-

DPyro
August 5th, 2008, 18:25
If it's any more than $10 I'm not buying it.

goshogun1
August 5th, 2008, 18:40
After seeing the "swordplay" demo of motion-plus in action I can't see how someone wouldn't want one even at something like $20-$25. I hope it sells in millions... and that they actually make a lot of games for it. Either way it's a bargain, and will really add to the wii experience!

kamanashi
August 5th, 2008, 20:08
The only way this would be worth buying is if the next Zelda and Metroid games take advantage of it. Also, it would need to be less than $20. An accelerometer isn't expensive so they definitely need to lower the prices of quite a few of the attachments.

masterchief929
August 5th, 2008, 21:16
i think anywhere from $15-$25 would be a nice deal. just look at wat it can do.

ICE
August 5th, 2008, 21:31
i think anywhere from $15-$25 would be a nice deal. just look at wat it can do.

I completely agree. The doors that true 1:1 open are amazing.

agenericperson
August 6th, 2008, 01:55
My guess is around $30. This reeks of N64 expansion pak.

ICE
August 6th, 2008, 03:37
My guess is around $30. This reeks of N64 expansion pak.

Then you dont understand what real 1:1 is capable of doing. The only real question is what will actually come from it..

DPyro
August 6th, 2008, 14:17
It already cost $70 for a single control with attachment, times that by four, plus this MotionPlus add-on....do they really think their demographic is made of money?

Panini
August 6th, 2008, 15:01
.do they really think their demographic is made of money?

U own a PS3 so I'm sure a few dollars for a wiimote attachment won't hurt you. lol

SupRay
August 7th, 2008, 04:15
Don't bit on this yet. The cost to develop games utilizing this technology is through the roof. I just don't see many developers shelling out the big bucks for some extra controller function (that should have been included in the original controller design).