PDA

View Full Version : Blaze PSPTV Device on Preorder at $49

wraggster
October 29th, 2005, 01:39
http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-TV-X.jpg

Earlier in the week we posted news that Blaze/Fire International were making their own PSPTV Adapter for the PSP, now i contacted SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click) who seem to be the main Hong Kong Supplier of Blaze products and now they have posted about the PSPTV Device being on Preorder, and for the excellent price of 49$ (around £27), now if you have been following the developments of PSP TV products youll know this is at least 50% of the price of the other adapters, heres more details:

<blockquote>The PSP TV Adaptor lets you hook up your PSP to your home television (NTSC and PAL) via Composite or S-Video and Stereo connectors. This adapter requires no modification of your PSP console. This new peripheral takes a completely different approach and clips on top of your PSP screen, with two screws to fit at the back of the handheld (in these two holes you can see on the top of the UMD drive). Some sort of pyramid grows from the base, with a precision lens and mirror system at the top, capturing the image and light, in a similar way a scanner or camera would. It then converts it into a video signal that is sent through video leads going from the adapter to your TV set.</blockquote>

Features:

Allows you to connect your PSP to your TV
No Modification required
You won't void your standard or extended warranty.
Installation of the PSP on TV could not be more simple
Composite, S-Video and Stereo Sound connectivity

Sounds a lot more interesting now doesnt it, head on over to the PSP Section at SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click) for more information.

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 01:41
but what about about when youre shakin the controller about playin fifa or burnout wont that make the image a little...er dodgy i really know nothing on these sort of things so any input would be cool

10shu
October 29th, 2005, 01:46
it s shame there s no ps2 pad port like the other one(i was hoping it could became helpfull for multi player on the emulator)...i ll wait to see the review before buy any of them...

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 01:50
mmmmmmmmm never thought bought that good point

wraggster
October 29th, 2005, 01:51
at this price i will take the plunge for sure

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 01:54
could you let us all know your own view on its performance please?

wraggster
October 29th, 2005, 02:00
yeah when i get one :)

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 02:02
cheers, how comes its always u postin i barely ever see any mods occasionally coders but thats it?

J sims
October 29th, 2005, 02:36
Most likely because he is the well respected web master of DC emu

quzar
October 29th, 2005, 03:10
He owns the site, so it's his responsibility to keep the news up. Other mods are more like the police around here.

xuphorz
October 29th, 2005, 04:57
it's funny, alot of people on AIM assume i own this site, and run, and am the webmaster, just cause i wrote that guide
sorry wragg :)
don't worry tho, i correct them :p

Virus
October 29th, 2005, 06:36
i dont understand why they cant make it go threw the usb cord with the tv input wires at the end... no you have to have a mini projecter like thingy that transfers it to your psp... what if you have dirt on the screen, will it now beacome mega dirt?

RedKing14CA
October 29th, 2005, 07:59
mwahhahaa, screw you PSPtoTV and PSP2TV, you cant rip us off as much as you were hoping!!!

i think you guys should know charging even 50$ for these things still rakes up a huge profit.... i mean, i got a VGA to TV for 5$, and its the same basic thing... i mean, so wha tif you have to unscrew your psp, it will cost the same to manufacture!!

although i know nothing of this newlight capturing technique, i think the idea PSP2TV had of enscrewing your psp and giving it a new face plate... not that voiding my warranty sounds comfy, just that then you would be getting the actual screen displayed, not a video of the screen thats been captured with light or whatver...

getting the video directly from inside the psp will look much nicer than getting it from light emited form the screen.... trust me... (and no, smudges and scratches wont affect the light technique thing)

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 10:52
im sure they wouldnt bother if there wasnt money to be made though what would be the point in that?

Hevyduty
October 29th, 2005, 14:19
Obviously, the price of the Blaze makes it an immediate contender. Technically, I think the PSP2TV still looks the best, but that doesn't mean I'll pay double for it. I think the PSP2TV is also only good if you can have a dedicated in-home PSP unit. Once you make the mods it's really too bulky to take anywhere.

I'm definitely taking a wait-and-see attitude on all three solutions. Hopefully, the other two products will drop in price accordingly to compete with Blaze, and then we'll see what the reviewers say.

Zaibach333
October 29th, 2005, 22:01
I am very excited about all of these products. I would pay the price of a game to be able to show more than one or two people something on my psp on the big screen. now that rediculessly sweet one that involves oppening up the psp doesn't seem improbable*especially for me.

but I bought a separate warenty, and I plan on using it sometime before the two years runs out... probably when the newest version has a downgrader.

anyway, awesome! I would definatly store more movies on my stick with one of those in my bag

iball
October 29th, 2005, 22:33
i dont understand why they cant make it go threw the usb cord with the tv input wires at the end... no you have to have a mini projecter like thingy that transfers it to your psp... what if you have dirt on the screen, will it now beacome mega dirt?
You're thinking of all those "USB-to-TV" video convertors out there.
Won't work in this case and what you just described is impossible anyway. There would have to be "convertor" hardware in the mix somewhere.

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 00:06
sounds cool just wondered, would they be more expensive cos that would be the sort i would probably prefer?

iball
October 30th, 2005, 01:14
Hmmmm...think about this:

Which would you rather have? A PSP-to-TV convertor that uses mirrors to reflect the image onto a TV or one that taps into the PSP itself to get the image straight from the hardware?

I would choose the latter. The former is what we call a "kludge".

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 01:24
kludge?

iball
October 30th, 2005, 01:30
kludge?
A kludge (or kluge) is a 'solution' for accomplishing a task, originally a mechanical one and usually an engineering one, which consists of various otherwise unrelated parts and mechanisms, cobbled together in an untidy or downright messy manner. A kludge is never elegant except ironically; nor, serviceability to the task at hand excepted, is it ever admirable. Despite this, it generally takes a skilled craftsman, someone intimately familiar with the requirements of the desired task, the properties of the raw material at hand, and the ultimate operating environment, to produce a workaround monstrously clunky enough to be called a kludge. Therefore, an added irony is that it takes a reasonably trained eye to recognize an effective kludge.

Taken from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kludge

I think that explains these mirror-style PSP-to-TV convertors perfectly.

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 01:39
oh a kludge of course i knew what you meant (lol, cheers for the info geez)

oldsage
October 30th, 2005, 17:43
Don't any of you Xtender fans own a playgear pocket?!

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 17:45
er whats that?