PDA

View Full Version : my idea for 2.5 downgrader

Hacker3.0
October 29th, 2005, 16:20
Ok here it goes download the 2.0 downgrader and rename the overflow.tiff to ICON0.tiff and put it in a saved game icon instead of the original. The load the umd game and when you come to pick your saved file in the game it should overflow because the picture is loaded in the game and not from the firmware. :)

Putin
October 29th, 2005, 20:58
Did you try it ?

Virus
October 29th, 2005, 21:01
wont work. beacuse the code will still be the same and it will load the same thing. but if its not named right, the psp will screw up and mybe brick.

quzar
October 29th, 2005, 22:55
AFAIK sony patched the buffer overflow problem with tiff support in 2.5. I might be wrong though.

iball
October 29th, 2005, 23:24
AFAIK sony patched the buffer overflow problem with tiff support in 2.5. I might be wrong though.
It was patched in 2.01 and the code carried on over into 2.5.

HeX
October 30th, 2005, 08:11
I wish sony would stop worrying about homebrew and pay more attention to new features.

iball
October 30th, 2005, 09:34
I wish sony would stop worrying about homebrew and pay more attention to new features.
They're not worried about homebrew, they are worried about piracy and code flaws in order to maintain maximum a$$ coverage in the event of a lawsuit from a consumer group.
And firmware programmers do not want to have "created easily exploited firmware" on their resumes as it tends to limit the jobs they can get to ZERO.

motormaniac
November 13th, 2005, 01:47
i tried it, didnt work

ataribob
November 13th, 2005, 02:37
Your a brave man or a stupid newbie

Jdemon
November 13th, 2005, 04:53
Becarefull with what you do guys....it's really not worth the posibility of bricking your PSP.

matt3224
November 16th, 2005, 20:16
heres an idea just like find a way of replacing the psp flash memory, i mean someone managed to delete the files dint they (the downgrader that bricks ur psp) so basically causing a reboot and thus putting ur psp back to 1.5 or 2.0 :cool: i hope someone tries this and that a downgrader is made soon. thnx 4 reading.

IndianCheese
November 24th, 2005, 20:39
Hasn't anyone realized that any psp no matter what version can be downgraded? If you can get your hands on a flash memory with 1.50 and have mad soldering skills, that is...

usmanhussain
June 5th, 2006, 05:58
listen dudes ive searched the net and their is no downgrader or patch or anythin to make ur psp's 1.5. my bro tried it and bricked his psp. and all the fake downgraders have the Trojan.PSPBrick virus on it. dont try and download yet ppl. wait for a couple of more months then try again

yaustar
June 5th, 2006, 09:40
For 2.0 there is a downgrader usmanhussain.

mbr7
June 8th, 2006, 04:48
My advise for 2.01+ users enjoy your psp and think of all cool feauters you Have like Video player, Music Player, Umd Reader, Web browser, Rss, Flash and all other stuff ... But still it would be nice with a downgrader so you could acces kernel and download Iso's :D

Wally
June 8th, 2006, 06:54
will u people stop talking about 2.01+ downgraders?? you know nobody really is going to be working on one.

under_0ath777
June 8th, 2006, 08:14
will u people stop talking about 2.01+ downgraders?? you know nobody really is going to be working on one.
PRAISE WALLY

LeperMessiah
June 9th, 2006, 13:56
They're not worried about homebrew, they are worried about piracy and code flaws in order to maintain maximum a$$ coverage in the event of a lawsuit from a consumer group.
And firmware programmers do not want to have "created easily exploited firmware" on their resumes as it tends to limit the jobs they can get to ZERO.

I disagree with the covering their @$$ comment. I don't believe it has anything to do with lawsuits from consumer groups.

I think it has EVERYTHING to do with revenue loss due to piracy. Sony sleeps with the almighty $, Always has and always will.

But I do agree with how programmers would not want that statement on their resumes :D It might limit the possibilities for them.

rehbock
June 9th, 2006, 16:02
fw <2.01 dont let you write in flash 1 stupidos