PDA

View Full Version : Heretic by Sherpya v0.2

wraggster
October 29th, 2005, 16:39
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/nheret098.JPG

Sherpya (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3824) has released a new version of the port of Heretic for the PSP, heres whats new:

Update, sound support added is not very smooth, but not so bad :) (I think I'll need to implement a sort of noise shaper since samples are 11khz 8bit),
also a bit faster since I've enabled -O3 on the compiler (before was crashing with opt > 01 since there is an incompatible gcc optimization)

Download the latest release here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/hereticsherpya.shtml

Sharkey
October 29th, 2005, 21:06
nice but the download is labeled 0.1,
did i get the new one?

Virus
October 29th, 2005, 21:08
i would download this but i looked at the picture and it turned me away... can someone tell me if this is worth getting?

Sharkey
October 29th, 2005, 21:14
well the first version had sound issues but was wrth it as it was.
if this is better than definately, i just wish it was full screen.

btw its is labeled as 0.1 but the size is different than the original so it must be the new version, id give it a go, you can always delete it. ;)

Virus
October 29th, 2005, 21:15
ya thats what iam going to do.

ultros
October 29th, 2005, 21:35
just copy the kink, paste it in the browser and edit the 0.1 to 0.2 ;)

wraggster
October 29th, 2005, 21:43
shoot, i didnt sort the link out

my apologys

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 21:52
might wait for the next installment myself

iball
October 29th, 2005, 22:03
Sherp's really hammering down on this one, and it's good work.
And for those of you wishing more homebrew support multiplayer wireless, the PSPSDK (found on ps2dev.org) doesn't have it all mapped out yet, but the coders over there are working hard on it. As soon as it's fully implemented in the SDK there, you can rest assured that all ports like this will get a code update soon after to use it, especially since the source code is freely available.

nexus68
October 30th, 2005, 14:03
Sharkey, you confuse with the other emulator of Heretic.
Is there a way to switch weapons now? btw thx for this great port.

Hevyduty
October 30th, 2005, 20:22
This port is coming along nicely. If anything, it looks better than the latest Doom port graphically. Runs full screen. Don't let the grainy screen shot keep you from trying it. It's just a bad pic with lots of glare.

Sound isn't perfect, but is a nice addition. Controls need improvement. Strafing doesn't really work.

Basically, the addition of configurable controls, the ability to save (if it's already there, I haven't found it), and improved sound would make this nearly perfect.

Nice work Sherpya.

Farcicalname
October 30th, 2005, 22:13
Hey there,
I just came here to tell you that this port is awesome, and to keep it up. It's a bitch to port things to a system that is annoying to port to, so I appreciate the time/effort it takes to bring one of the tightest games ever made over to the PSP! Can't wait for the day that I can Morph Ovum my buddies a whole world of chicken over AD-HOC deathmatch. Thanks for helping take the first steps to get there. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Skillz.

www.planetskill.com

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 22:33
do you reckon ad hoc could ever be implemented int any of these fps

iball
October 30th, 2005, 23:44
do you reckon ad hoc could ever be implemented int any of these fps
That's kind of a yes and no question.
Yes, it can be done as soon as the PSPSDK gets wireless functions fully implemented to make life easier for the porters/coders.
But if it requires kernel-mode access to the wireless subsystem on the PSP, then it will only work for 1.5 firmware and NOT 2.0. But that would depend on how well the original port's wireless code was implemented and how well the porter codes in the PSP wireless functions. If wireless can be implemented in user-mode, then yes, a full online-capable port could be compiled.
But I don't think they're there just yet. Great strides in the wireless functions going into the PSPSDK have been made in just the last few weeks, so I would give it another 2 months before they hopefully have everything covered.
Or I could be completely wrong. ;)

nexus68
October 31st, 2005, 00:07
Hi Sherpya, there is a graphic bug in this version (not in 0.1), the space between the bottom and the weapon.

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 00:50
iball wats goin on with this kernel access will it ever happen?

kgsws˜™
June 10th, 2007, 09:42
i made new version(s)
newest is 0.5 and it supports AdHoc for 2 players
http://zdoom.ic.cz/download/pspheretic05.rar