PDA

View Full Version : PS3 BioShock's 'survivor mode' finally explained

Shrygue
August 6th, 2008, 20:32
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/06/ps3-bioshocks-survivor-mode-finally-explained/)

After revealing special Trophies a couple days ago for the "survivor mode" in the PS3 port of BioShock, developer 2K Marin finally saw fit yesterday to explain what the new setting is all about. The wait was definitely not worth it as the PS3 "exclusive" mode isn't much more than a very hard difficulty level for the game.

2K's BioShock site, The Cult of Rapture, explains that in survivor mode there are no extra enemies, but the citizens of Rapture are tougher and deal more damage. Vita-Chambers will also provide less EVE back when dying, so there is some penalty. Players are also expected to take their time in the new mode and learn to utilize some of the "hardly-ever-bothered-with-'em" plasmids like Target Dummy and Enrage. All this secrecy over an extra difficulty mode was just so contrived. 2K, would you kindly never do that again?

masterchief929
August 6th, 2008, 20:43
lol, THERE IT IS PPL!!! THE BIG THING YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!! A HARDER DIFFICULTY!!!! wat a disappointing announcement for all you hardcore PS3 fans. (i like all the systems so don't think im against u guys)

Shadowblind
August 6th, 2008, 20:45
When I saw the title I thought "Survivor mode? Oh crap, thats awesome!" thinking it would be something like NG2 Mission modes. How disappointing...

jrsmaster411
August 6th, 2008, 21:12
I don't really care as long as it's bioshock for ps3 everything else is just extra besides they also said their would be dlc

Triv1um
August 6th, 2008, 22:52
Haha, terrible.

Still, atleast we get the game :)

I loved it on the 360.

jamotto
August 7th, 2008, 07:22
They need to turn off the Vita-Chambers altogether so the game can give a real challenge.