PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Chinatown Wars details leak?

Shrygue
August 6th, 2008, 22:53
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194694)

A consumer survey might have given away the first details on Rockstar's DS Grand Theft Auto game, Chinatown Wars.

The survey asked a number of specific questions about an "upcoming game," with the details sounding all-too familiar.

The details were originally posted on UGO, but the site has since removed them. You can't beat the internet that easily though. Destructoid reprinted it all. Wired's got a pretty good recap of events leading to the story being taken down too.

If the information is to be believed, the game will have an open world, changing weather and traffic patterns, a mature story line, wi-fi multiplayer, 70+ missions, 20+ hours of gameplay and stylus based mini-games. Impressive.

Obviously, this is all filed under rumour and speculation for now and nothing's been confirmed on the game by Rockstar at all. You'll have to wait and see, we're afraid.

JKKDARK
August 6th, 2008, 23:28
It sounds good, as I expected. I hope the graphics will be decent.

Markzilla
August 7th, 2008, 02:16
I like the sound of it, but man, I am so ****ing sick of touch screen minigames.

masterchief929
August 7th, 2008, 02:27
i hope they use a very good graphics engine that beats all others. i want this game to be at the peak of the nintendo ds's graphics capabilities. i also want minimal touch screen controls.

wiggy fuzz
August 7th, 2008, 07:10
touch screen controls for weapons ONLY. and do it properly - mech assault's touch screen controls were a waste of removing the stylus from the holder.

nightblade36
August 7th, 2008, 09:39
I think touchscreen would do fine for control like Metroid Prime Hunters. It could be in the Third, but you use the touchscreen to control the camera around the character and chose your facing, while you use the D-pad to strafe and move back and forward.

K1ckass
August 7th, 2008, 18:56
Wi-Fi support? That would be AWESOME.
Can't wait for this game to come out! :D

Markzilla
August 8th, 2008, 02:09
i hope they use a very good graphics engine that beats all others. i want this game to be at the peak of the nintendo ds's graphics capabilities. i also want minimal touch screen controls.

Have you seen any videos or played Dementium? How about the upcoming Moon? If not, I suggest you check them out.