PDA

View Full Version : Team Xtender Teach You How To Make PSPOnTV

wraggster
October 30th, 2005, 10:11
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspontvmake.jpg

Team Xtender (http://www.teamxtender.com/) have posted a rather amusing article on how to make your own PSP To TV Device, here goes:

<blockquote>Take a camera with a video output and a piece of cardboard…cut the cardboard into the shape of a pyramid and hey presto you have created the PSPOnTV! Forget forking out 100 bucks for a high school type DIY project which will have many flaws as we will kindly illustrate to you below -:

NO dual shock PS2 controller support – that means you will have to try and play your PSP games on the big screen with a top-heavy and bulky PSP. Forget about going to the GYM, you can conduct those bicep curls whilst playing GTA: LCS with the PSPOnTV. Let’s not forget it’s other purpose as a chin rest after your hard workouts ;-).

Once you actually clip on the PSPonTV there will be minimal thumb space on your PSP, ultimately this will hamper your gaming experience considerably. Would you spend your hard earned cash on a device which will actually make your gaming experience inferior? We didn’t think so!

We have noticed Blaze’s attempt into the market, which rather unfortunately does look like a clone of PSPOnTV. Don’t be fooled by these inferior devices, they will be cloned by the masses as they are incredibly simple to make as we explained in the first few lines to an extent. There is only one minor flaw with the PSP2TV and that is the install is slightly harder, but the benefits of being able to use your dual shock controllers as well as a smooth direct capture far outweigh this minor disadvantage. This is no secret, and to hear our so called competition continuously use this ‘voiding warranty rant’ as ammunition just gets so mundane…

There is only one thing you can be sure of in the PSP to TV adapter market, our PSP2TV is the best solution for your big-screen PSP needs. Nothing else will ever come close the unparalleled success of the PSP2TV ;).

Stay tuned for an installation video coming up soon, the install only took 14 minutes to complete – 14 minutes for a trouble free PSP movie and gaming experience on the big screen.

P.S Did we mention that the PSP2TV will be ready for shipping to all our power sellers by the middle of next week?</blockquote>

Preorders your PSP2TV from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-2tv)

Meshyf
October 30th, 2005, 10:15
WOW REALLY? Now take that price down some serious voltage and maybe I'll consider it. Untill then I'd rather deal with the pyrimid.

PRICE DICTATES EVERYTHING GREEDY Turds

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 10:29
theres anone out for like $49 anyways

slayer2psp
October 30th, 2005, 12:55
LOL it sounds like they are a little nervous that people rather spend 50 bucks not a 120.00 bucks sure the 120 dollar one sounds better but who needs three faceplates drop two of the face plates give me the one i need and sell the thing for 79.99. price is everthing

wraggster
October 30th, 2005, 13:07
yeah price and ease of use will beat probably the better quality

Meshyf
October 30th, 2005, 13:07
LOL it sounds like they are a little nervous that people rather spend 50 bucks not a 120.00 bucks sure the 120 dollar one sounds better but who needs three faceplates drop two of the face plates give me the one i need and sell the thing for 79.99. price is everthing
80 bucks wouldn't be bad to spend at all. That wouldn't be sacrificing money for too many games and it would be pretty bitchen, even if the faceplate does void the hell out of my Logitech case.

vidgrip
October 30th, 2005, 13:56
I really, REALLY want to play my PSP on the big screen, but I don't think either of these companies are giving me a viable option. I agree that it will be difficult to play games with that clunky box on top of my PSP but I also hate the idea of voiding my warranty and having a 300 dollar brick.

I think I'm doomed to wait until Sony gives us the answer maybe via the PS3.

Clifford_Ball
October 30th, 2005, 14:04
That whole statement seemed petulant and childish to me and they didnt say it wont void your warranty because it does. Grow up, be a man and lower your price if you want to compete in the market.

parabolee
October 30th, 2005, 16:18
Hmm I think the price may be high but you get what you pay for and the cheap ones look, well CHEAP.

I can't imagine the picture quality of the $49 one being up to par at all.

I personally don't want to play my PSP on my TV (I like a nice sharp image not a crappy transfered blurr one, plus I have an Xbox, Gamecube and PS2 to play on my TV) but if I did I would get the one that did it right.

Plus being able to use a proper anologue with it would be one of the few benefits.

oldsage
October 30th, 2005, 17:35
You know, I think I might have actually considered buying this piece if the extension wasn't preventing me from my playgear pocket...

Crappy image quality, here I come! :P

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 17:49
im thinking also it may cheapen the psp experience as the games werent meant to be played on such big screens and the image qaulity lookin pre ps1

Zaibach333
October 30th, 2005, 17:52
this is a joke guys, make one yourself

slayer2psp
October 30th, 2005, 21:39
i love my logitech case so im not buying either one im getting a xbox 360 here in 3 weeks so my money is for that bad ass system hd 720p 16x9 for all games cant wait

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 22:35
but they wouldnt look as godd D.I.Y.

F9zDark
October 31st, 2005, 06:21
First off, I'd never buy that cheap pyramid shit. Forget the price, yes that dictates alot, but shit, you all bought PSPs when there was a DS for maybe 150 to 200 dollars cheaper, so obviously price was of no concern then(quality and usefulness was among other things).

The PSPonTV not only makes the PSP harder to use, since it will add considerable weight to, but as they said, it will get in the way of your thumbs using the D-pad and analog stick.

Not only that, but it WILL pick up every scratch, ever speck of dirt, every bubble left between the screen protector and the screen. Not to mention, it will pick up and probably amplify, ghosting, which is that blurr that you see on the LCD screen on moving objects. Try playing GTA:LCS for a while. After a few minutes of running and punching people, it gets bloody annoying.

Now the PSP2TV. Sure it requires modding. Voiding the warranty would suck if your PSP broke afterwards. But with careful disassembly and reassembly, Sony would never know the difference. Bricking the PSP from taking it apart? Well thats only if you touch the motherboard like an idiot, or turn it on and decide to drop a few screws on the motherboard to see them shoot across the room...

But what do you gain from all this hard and careful work? Being able to play your PSP on ANY TV for starters. Wanna play it on 56 inch plasma television that only supports S-Video? Do it! Tired of cramped hands from not having an ergonomically designed PSP? Plug in a PS2 controller, which has the time proven comfort.(or plug in any PS2 controller that suits your fancy, perhaps that expensive one, with the nice soft rubber grips and larger analog sticks for better handling?). Oh and did I mention the complete loss of 'ghosting' as prevalent on the PSP's LCD screen, since it is actually TAKING THE IMAGE as its sent to the screen and not taking it OFF the screen?

Nothing like a crisp, clear, dust free, scratch free, ghost free image on a big screen TV and a PS2 controller in hand for playing Coded Arms.

Granted the price is a little high. But its worth it. Had these other products not even come out, I bet most of the people complaining about the price wouldn't be complaining at all. It is like going into a Mercedes dealership and being pissed off that you can't buy their cars for the price of Kia. You pay for what you get. Want the best quality? Well you gotta pay for it. Like I said above, its rather odd that the same reasons why you all bought the PSP over the DS is now the inverse as to why you'd buy some cheap knockoff as opposed to the 'real deal'.

RedKing14CA
October 31st, 2005, 06:52
if the crappy pyrimid ones go down to 20$ i might pick one up... if the psp2tv drops to 50 or 60 ill definately buy one... until then......... i wont be ripped....

(my pc to tv was 6$ ok, and it had rca AND s-video out... even with the ffaceplated i dont think it would cost too much more to manufacture....)

F9zDark
October 31st, 2005, 07:25
Yeah but the difference between the PC and PSP is 20 years and about 2 ft tall as opposed to been out for just shy of a year and fits in the palm of your hand.

Yes I agree that 120 dollars is a little steep. But this fake competition will just solidify their reasons for making it more expensive. Quite simply, the competition will just divide the masses into 2 groups: those willing to pay for the best quality and those unwilling to pay for the best quality.

Zaibach333
November 1st, 2005, 05:00
I dont care, I'm just gonna sit back like I always do and pay when the price drops

vincesecuricor2005
November 1st, 2005, 13:40
or just keep it as a PORTABLE gaming machine?

Zaibach333
November 2nd, 2005, 00:42
lol, if more people could enjoy what you're doing on the go it would be nice. I know me and prettymuch anyone else here who uses the psp for movies would like to be able to display it for a group of people on a bigger screen.

vincesecuricor2005
November 2nd, 2005, 01:00
i suppose so.... but surely the image output aint exactly gonna b that of say a dvd wich is why i would rather buy my films on dvd an d use video 9 if i really wanna watch em on the pc, the reason i really dont like this is cos i can just see the image quality bein so bad

iball
November 2nd, 2005, 01:09
Well, when SOCOM comes out you'll quickly find out just who has the PSP2TV and who doesn't. That PS2 controller is going to pwn online infrastructure.

vincesecuricor2005
November 2nd, 2005, 01:17
true but thats not my sorta game to be honest, good point though