PDA

View Full Version : Our Focus To Crack . . .

YourStillWithMe
October 30th, 2005, 16:02
All i ever see when i come onto psp news sites including this one is Tetris clone made, clone mutant version updated, alien hunt released, corny shooter games, heretic updated!, and other pointless developments!

I'm not saying im better than anyone but the psp scene is lagging because more people are still making eboots for 1.00 and 1.5 when we should try to crack the updated firmwares or work on taking some other peoples ideas to branch off of and figure out a way to crack the system. Those of you with ONE PSP thats a 1.5 will HAVE to make a decision sooner or later whether or not to upgrade. (I have 2 :D dont you just hate me?-a 1.5 and 2.00 temporary because of GTA) So working on the 2.01 and 2.50 is what we all should be doing (if were capable that is. . ) Some of the new games, programs on 1.5 are cool and really useful such as new versions of emulators. I believe that if GTA will never run on a 1.5 with the UMD but the ISO runs I would support getting the iso for sure. That is why we need to decode what the GTA game is looking for, work on emulating the 2.00 capabilities on 1.5 or simply crack the newer firmwares! (So we can keep the psp scene up and alive)

some of your eboot releases guys are very stupid

ButtMonkey
October 30th, 2005, 17:45
I think you need to focus less on the crack. Maybe put the pipe down for a few days.

Out of idle curiosity, what exactly do you contribute to the community in terms of progress in either development or cracking?

YourStillWithMe
October 30th, 2005, 18:13
I previously worked on cracking 2.00 I have a thread on it.

quzar
October 30th, 2005, 18:14
Seriously. That AND most people simply don't know enough to try to crack something. Even if you took all the homebrew coders and got them together, odds are few would have any idea about the reverse engineering required to even try to crack the firmware.

Reverse Engineering != homebrew coding.

Edit: with cracking, as with many things in life, do or do not, there is no try (in this case work). You would 'work' on cracking it for a hundred years and never get any closer to it.

ButtMonkey
October 30th, 2005, 18:31
Ah yes, the wonderful "i def try a good hour a day at least" thread. I had to wipe away the tears after reading that one.

Dare I ask how you are progressing with 2.5?

Predator
October 30th, 2005, 21:12
You got to lighten up buddy!!
Those kind of insults are what push dev'rs to make those mallicous(sp?) programs.
Calling releases "stupid" is very ignorant, some of these guys/gals are just learning programming or advancing there skills.
So please, show some respect. I would be pissed at you if I made something just for you to called it stupid.
Sorry if I offended you, It's not on purpose. I'm just speaking my mind.
Also be gratefull that people make and release these programs to the public.

Fanjita
October 30th, 2005, 22:08
I previously worked on cracking 2.00 I have a thread on it.

Hmm.

In trawling through your post list to try to find this thread, a few general trends became apparent:
- Rarely do you manage to get through a post without bragging about your 2 PSPs. Get over it, no-one really cares.
- Even rarer is a constructive post in response to anything that's not about a new emulator or ISO crack.

You need to take the time to appreciate that the homebrew scene is not solely about you and your wants. There's a large group of people who code homebrew for the PSP because it's fun to do so, and because they're on a learning curve.

Bashing their creations because they're not what you want, or because they're not perfect yet, is just lame. You don't like it, move on.

From the tone and quality of technical content of your posts, it seems likely that you don't know anything about the development process. It takes years to become capable of writing a decent application, let alone having the skill to pull off a decent system exploit. If you start flaming fledgling developers, then they're just going to give up. And then, they'll never reach the level of experience and knowledge needed to do the stuff that you're interested in.

Hell, my first app for the PSP was a tetris clone, and it taught me enough about the PSP environment to be able to work on the EBOOT loader. If you'd have flamed my tetris, I could all too easily have assumed that the PSP scene was full of unappreciative, self-centred children and never bothered working hard to get homebrew to the state it's now at on v2.0.

Try to remember that people are often spending weeks of their own time to produce something, that they're giving to you for free.

In summary : produce something (anything), and people might take you seriously. Or look up "constructive criticism" somewhere. Until then, your flames are clearly empty ignorance, and will get the contempt they deserve.

Apologies for the flame-like nature of this post, but this kind of idiocy just anger me no end. If you can't be constructive, don't post. You're not helping the community in any way otherwise.

iball
October 30th, 2005, 22:29
As Brick Tamland would say: "I love Fan!"

http://www.leelefever.com/archives/brick%20(Custom).jpg

Seriously, destructive criticism is just that: destructive.
If you're not helping, then you're hindering.
You have two PSPs so why don't YOU work on exploiting kernel-mode access on 2.0?

Fanjita, thanks for the loader. At least I appreciate your coding efforts.

p.s. Now if only more homebrew coders out there would recode their work to remove kernel-mode debugging and make it more ebootloader 2.0 compatible!

Flipao
October 30th, 2005, 22:54
All i ever see when i come onto psp news sites including this one is Tetris clone made, clone mutant version updated, alien hunt released, corny shooter games, heretic updated!, and other pointless developments!

I'm not saying im better than anyone but the psp scene is lagging because more people are still making eboots for 1.00 and 1.5 when we should try to crack the updated firmwares or work on taking some other peoples ideas to branch off of and figure out a way to crack the system. Those of you with ONE PSP thats a 1.5 will HAVE to make a decision sooner or later whether or not to upgrade. (I have 2 :D dont you just hate me?-a 1.5 and 2.00 temporary because of GTA) So working on the 2.01 and 2.50 is what we all should be doing (if were capable that is. . ) Some of the new games, programs on 1.5 are cool and really useful such as new versions of emulators. I believe that if GTA will never run on a 1.5 with the UMD but the ISO runs I would support getting the iso for sure. That is why we need to decode what the GTA game is looking for, work on emulating the 2.00 capabilities on 1.5 or simply crack the newer firmwares! (So we can keep the psp scene up and alive)

some of your eboot releases guys are very stupid

Hey, be grateful for what you've got.

Rather than a PSP for games and one for Homebrew, I suggest a GPx2 for homebrew and a PSP for games.

That way there'll be no need for cracking.

quzar
October 31st, 2005, 02:00
You got to lighten up buddy!!
Those kind of insults are what push dev'rs to make those mallicous(sp?) programs.
Calling releases "stupid" is very ignorant, some of these guys/gals are just learning programming or advancing there skills.
So please, show some respect. I would be pissed at you if I made something just for you to called it stupid.
Sorry if I offended you, It's not on purpose. I'm just speaking my mind.
Also be gratefull that people make and release these programs to the public.

The point is that he isn't a dev. He goes around talking about how he's been 'cracking' the psp but hasn't done anything (although i'm sure he's tried, which is to a point commendable).

iball
October 31st, 2005, 02:13
Yes, I find it quite odd that someone with "Think For Yourself, Question Authority" in their signature would be trying to flame others for not doing something he should be attempting himself. I mean, he does say he has TWO PSPs. Maybe dedicating more than an hour a day to the task? Perhaps even a whole weekend!

10shu
November 8th, 2005, 02:14
+ crack firmware 2.5 would be kind of useless cause sony would probably release the 2.6 or 3.0 or what ever just few day later and soon all the game would only use that firmware...(and i dont really care about GTA it look and play better on my xbox or pc)

i much prefer coder work on cool app for the 1.5 (like emulators...thank s to all of you guys for the hard work...)

nonzero
November 9th, 2005, 01:04
I think you need to focus less on the crack. Maybe put the pipe down for a few days.

http://indi.ca/images/lanka/tyrone_biggums_crack.jpg

"Crack is baaaad, kidsssss" :D :D :D

YourStillWithMe
November 10th, 2005, 00:34
Wow. . . .

It's not like im the only one out here who thinks like this. I'm just sick of stupid programs being made that are replicas or aren't nesseccary. I enjoyed the new release of the v.08 eboot loader and the new sega emulator. Why are these good releases? It helps us Sega players to save space on our sticks with supported Zip files and the playability is now more stable. The Eboot Loader??? Well those of us who upgraded for 2.00 will be pleased to know we can exit the homebrew apps without turning the power button on and off. Once again as I stated in my 1st post i dont think i can do better and my first post didnt really show any negativity so those of you that dropped the hammer on me. . . Nevermind, I shouldnt even have to finish that sentence.

I come in peace so stop your flaming, seriously!

Fanjita
November 10th, 2005, 13:56
I think you'll find it's a question of attitude and tone.

To put it simply, if you're not bringing anything of your own to the development effort, then criticising someone else's efforts is simply bad form. Especially when the aim of homebrew development is not to give you new toys to play with, but to be an enjoyable hobby for the authors.

If you think like a spoilt brat, then you'll sound like one, and be reacted to like one. If you shift your mindset to that of a considerate adult, you'll find that your tone shifts and you won't get flamed. The differences are subtle, but huge.

and0r
November 10th, 2005, 22:52
this thread is gay.

iball
November 10th, 2005, 22:56
this thread is gay.
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

ButtMonkey
November 10th, 2005, 23:11
i have to say i'm absolutely gobsmacked at the number of ungrateful bastards in the PSP community.

I'm just sick of stupid programs being made that are replicas or aren't nesseccary
have you got so few brain cells to rub together that you can't see that these "stupid programs" are people's way of learning the PSP platform?

hats off to all those devs fiddling round with the SDK/LUA! all these "stupid programs" that "aren't nesseccary" speak so much louder than your empty words!

IndianCheese
November 19th, 2005, 04:47
Think of this: If we do crack the newer systems, the only thing we will get are "those stupid programs". Now go be dumb on the newgrounds.com forums.

DDRLord
November 21st, 2005, 17:20
I'm just sick of stupid programs being made that are replicas or aren't nesseccary.
Seriously, he has a point here.
After all, do we really need uoSNES9XTyl? I thought SNES9X was fine as it was.
And don't even get me started on the new GBA emulator... I mean... who cares about the fact that it's being actively updated, our 3fps original was all the PSP emulation community needed.

quzar
November 21st, 2005, 17:47
I've seen authors who won't release source due to fears of that replication. of course that goes against the whole nature of releasing source, it IS pretty unfair of people to make those replicas especially if they havnt tried to at least contact the author. whenever i mess around with someone elses emulator i ask, then i give them my modifciations to add to their own, i dont' see the point to all this gloryhogging that is going on, only serves to hinder growth.