PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM v0.8.0 Released Works on v1.0, v1.5 and v2.0

wraggster
October 30th, 2005, 21:04
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/scumm0094.JPG

Joost Peters, Paolo Costabel, Thomas Mayer (http://www.scummvm.org/) have just released a new version of ScummVM for the PSP which now works on v1.0,v1.5 and also v2.0 PSPs. Heres the info:

We are pleased to announce a long-awaited ScummVM 0.8.0 release. We, the ScummVM Team, have prepared a big pack of new features for you. the new version of ScummVM (0.8.0) was just released, which also marks the first official, non-beta, release of the PSP port! The PSP version contains vastly improved support for The Dig and The Curse of Monkey Island, a 2.00 EBOOT loader compatible version, and various other fixes and improvements. Some additional features are:

New improved launcher and in-game GUI
Support for Inherit the Earth and Gobliiins
Playstation Portable, Playstation 2 and EPOC/SymbianOS ports
CGA and Hercules rendering modes for some games
Preliminary support for NES and C64 LucasArts games
Official ScummVM PSP Forums are now at http://forums.scummvm.org/

Download Both V1.0/V1.5 and the V2.0 PSP Zips Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/scummvmpsp.shtml

bill00000
October 30th, 2005, 21:20
Cool! something else to keep me busy while I'm updated to 2.0 next week when I buy GTA. More devs should work on releasing 2.0 versions of their work.

iball
October 30th, 2005, 21:44
ScummVM rocks. I like that this new version includes support for the SAGA engine so now I can play my copy of "I have no mouth and I must scream". Well, as soon as I re-rip it from the CD. More like "as soon as I find the CD buried in my collection".

vincesecuricor2005
October 30th, 2005, 22:29
excellent im seriously considering upgrading for gta now, and may this pave the way for all coders to consider the 2.00 eboot launcher

Virus
October 31st, 2005, 00:18
i got the cds for goblins quest 2 and 3, but how do i make them roms for the scummvm new emu that just came out? someone tell me plz or can someone just send me the rom, i can show proof i have it. i just really want to play this game(s).

iball
October 31st, 2005, 00:21
Go to scummvm.org and read up on how to do it.

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 00:25
but they aint got nothing on monkey island 2, which you can apparently still purchase from lucasarts now (sorry peeps)

Virus
October 31st, 2005, 03:34
how big would these games be, cause there is no point in having 1 game on your psp when you can have 500.... also how big would gobliins, goblin quest 2 and 3 be?

iball
October 31st, 2005, 03:37
but they aint got nothing on monkey island 2, which you can download legally as its abandonware here check this out: ***LINK REMOVED***
Wrong. Just because a site(s) say it's "abandonware" doesn't mean the company released it into the public domain.

iball
October 31st, 2005, 03:40
how big would these games be, cause there is no point in having 1 game on your psp when you can have 500.... also how big would gobliins, goblin quest 2 and 3 be?
scummvm.org

For what it's worth, I'm running Broken Sword 1 on a 512mb Duo Pro with about 30 MB to spare. And when that one game is so good and interesting, you will sit there and play it through until you have finished it. Then you can remove it from the stick and load up another.
Seriously, go to scummvm.org and read absolutely EVERYTHING in their documentation and instructions.

PSP_Newbie
October 31st, 2005, 03:55
but they aint got nothing on monkey island 2, which you can download legally as its abandonware here check this out:
abandonware is not free and legal to download, but many times the company simply doesnt care enough to stop piracy of old games no longer sold in stores.
the monkey island games; however, are still supported by LucasFilms corporation, can be purchased from them, and they do care if you pirate it

and Virus, got monkey island 1 and 2 for some 13ish-mb total, so they are general pretty small

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 04:07
sorry i was misinformed by the website then i apolagise profusely to all (once again sorry i will edit it out)

PSP_Newbie
October 31st, 2005, 04:44
dont worry, it happens
i thought the same thing too when i went to on of those sites before

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 04:47
fortunately i DO own the monkey island 2 (amiga original lol), but how do they get away with that a******s could have got me banned through their lies, ive edited the post accodingly and once again apologys to all

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 04:50
request to iball could you edit the link in your quote of me out please i really dont wannas get in no trouble over it cheers in advance fella

Virus
October 31st, 2005, 04:51
i found out that goblins 2 and 3 dont work so i looked in my old cd box and found gobliins! i put it in the comp and says cd cant be read!!!! oh no!!! how am i ever gonna play it know.... can someone like plz send me the game, i dontk now if this is allowed tho the fact that i have the game... oh ya i played sam and max with 178mb, its great but i got bored, is it possible that somone can plaese send me the gobiins folder.....

iball
October 31st, 2005, 05:00
i found out that goblins 2 and 3 dont work so i looked in my old cd box and found gobliins! i put it in the comp and says cd cant be read!!!! oh no!!! how am i ever gonna play it know.... can someone like plz send me the game, i dontk now if this is allowed tho the fact that i have the game... oh ya i played sam and max with 178mb, its great but i got bored, is it possible that somone can plaese send me the gobiins folder.....
You can't make those kind of requests here.
Search using one of the many P2P apps out there and you'll find it somewhere.
Never liked the game myself.

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 13:03
cheers iball, sam n max was cool for it and is compatible with scuumvm

iball
October 31st, 2005, 13:17
Yeah, I had Sam-n-Max running perfectly on my Zaurus, but the first time I tried it with SCUMMVM for the PSP, the voices didn't work. Haven't tried it again since I'm deep into Broken Sword 1, but it should work fully now.

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 13:35
would love to play the broken sword games again loved them

Chazzmos
October 31st, 2005, 23:11
Has anyone got the v2.0 working?? It still says it's corrupted on mine....
That'd be sooper sweet if it works though. V2.0 software here we go!!

vincesecuricor2005
November 1st, 2005, 04:26
are you using the eboot loader chazzmos?