PDA

View Full Version : GTA:LCS Meetup & Beatup in Philadelphia

wraggster
October 31st, 2005, 00:41
Source - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000193065770/)

On the evening of Tuesday, November 8, Joystiq will host a Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories meetup and virtual beatup to put the GTA:LCS ad-hoc multiplayer mode through its paces as part of our upcoming review of the game. If you’d like to join us, read on for details.

What: If we have enough responses, we’ll do a bracketed GTA:LCS tournament with prizes. If we just get a few people, it’ll be more casual.
When: Tuesday, November 08, 9pm ET till 1am ET (that’s 4 hours, so bring an extra battery, as the location won’t have outlets for charging!)
Where: At a bar in Philadelphia. Exact location is private, so post a response in this thread and an invite will be sent to the email address you use on the comment form. You will need to be 21 or older to get in to the location, so bring ID!
Chris Grant, who writes the games column over at indie mag Philadelphia Weekly, deserves props for helping us hatch this idea over beers at Joystiq’s Philadelphia HQ last night.

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 00:48
wish they would do this sort of thing in the uk but cant see it happening, quick question does gta support infrastructure mode if so i will buy and cant wait too start kicking ass

F9zDark
October 31st, 2005, 07:47
No it does not. But I am thinking that it will be possible to make a program on the PSP that will use a wireless connection in ad hoc fashion to pipe the PSP over the internet to other users using the same program and their PSPs. Only time will tell though...

vincesecuricor2005
October 31st, 2005, 12:56
how much fun would that be, killimg folk all over the world lol

F9zDark
October 31st, 2005, 18:49
Thats the way it should have been. Rockstar could have owned the PSP online world for a while, being one of the few titles sporting Infrastructure mode. But oh well...

iball
October 31st, 2005, 20:16
No it does not. But I am thinking that it will be possible to make a program on the PSP that will use a wireless connection in ad hoc fashion to pipe the PSP over the internet to other users using the same program and their PSPs. Only time will tell though...
It's been done. And it works.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

vincesecuricor2005
November 1st, 2005, 04:32
nice..... hmmm would it work with gta iball?

Topknot
November 3rd, 2005, 20:55
It should technically work on all ad-hoc games.

I'm hoping it will for GTA and Monster Hunter portable.

vincesecuricor2005
November 4th, 2005, 11:07
er..... just gta would do lol