PDA

View Full Version : Surreal64 XXX Beta4.9

wraggster
October 31st, 2005, 02:28
FreakDave released a new version of Surreal64 XXX -

a N64 emulator for Xbox (combining 1964, Project64 and UltraHLE) based on the original Surreal64 by oDD and Lantus.

Whats New
* Changed: Launchdata is not needed anymore
* Changed: Video plugins are now chosen after the emulator has been selected
* Changed: Pagesize is now 256k
* Changed: Rom is now entirely loaded into ram (only for 128Mb users)
* Changed: Removed Enable/Disable Controller option from submenu (Change it in the launcher)
* Changed: Shortcut for changing Paks : Hold both triggers and press left thumbstick
* Changed: Project64 and 1964 debug infos, now telling which emu is running
* Fixed: Rewrote CD/DVD detection code (tested and working)
* Fixed: Rom size was shown incorrectly
* Fixed: Bug in Basic Audio plugin
* Added: New and optimized VMM code (slight speed increase and maybe will fix crashes when going to ingamemenu)
* Added: Skin selection menu
* Added: Rom selection menu can now be controlled faster by DPAD Left Stick

http://freakdave.xbox-scene.com/

Hawq
October 31st, 2005, 19:47
Actually released about a week back as mentioned in a response a couple of days back in this thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11745) though he's calling this one a more proper release it seems, fair enough I guess the, the other one was buried in the xbox-scene boards

Zale1
November 1st, 2005, 02:27
I just tested it out, it doesn't include newer video plugins unfortunately. Looking at the newest version that comes with surreal (Rice 5.60) I was just wondering why they don't use the newer Rice video plugins. I'm pretty sure it's up to 6.1 now. I asked a buddy in my class he said that surreal can only use Rice's plugins when they go open source, after they release a new version the previous version goes open source I was told. If thats true shouldn't they atleast have 6.0?

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2005, 03:42
I just tested it out, it doesn't include newer video plugins unfortunately. Looking at the newest version that comes with surreal (Rice 5.60) I was just wondering why they don't use the newer Rice video plugins. I'm pretty sure it's up to 6.1 now. I asked a buddy in my class he said that surreal can only use Rice's plugins when they go open source, after they release a new version the previous version goes open source I was told. If thats true shouldn't they atleast have 6.0?

Im sure they have their reasons... dunno what they would be though. :confused:

Hawq
November 1st, 2005, 20:16
The source for the newer ones isnt available yet so they cant use them, why the source releases of them are behind Is another question entirely, maybe life has prevented it or something

Sauron96
November 6th, 2005, 09:59
Can I say that this is thing is AWESOME!!!!!

I think I just did....

Once I got a disc that had Genesis, SNES and all the systems below on it I figured that was as good as emulators as I'd ever have on the XBOX and I was perfectly happy with that...

Fast forward what 2 years or so? Me bored this weekend and seeing this Surreal thing...and I figured why not try it????

First thing I loved is my FAVORITE wrestling games worked GREAT. Then Goldeneye works pretty well too!!!

I wish an up to date compatibilty list(I found the one on x-scene but it says it was last updated in April) could be found but I guess it's just trial and error for me for now.....

I have a question to anyone willing to help me: should I just leave the Video settings alone: (flicker filter, Soft display filter, Texture filter) or should I adjust them too? And if so what do they do?

One last comment: I forgot how BLOCKY some grfx in games used to be...we are very spoiled nowadays........