PDA

View Full Version : The Upcoming Election

masterchief929
August 7th, 2008, 18:41
With the upcoming election there are many things people are considering about the new presidential candidates.

Will America vote for a more conservative man who has spent time in the military and knows what our troops are going through overseas, and may be well suited to direct our troops, or will they vote for a liberal that has new ideas about leading our country. Will America vote for McCain who will go against abortion, or will it vote for a president that believes a woman has the right to have a partial birth abortion? Feel free to share your opinions via comments and the poll.

Buddy4point0
August 7th, 2008, 19:00
Which one is for legalizing marijuana?

JKKDARK
August 7th, 2008, 19:26
John McCain

masterchief929
August 7th, 2008, 21:19
which one is for killing babies as they come out of the whom?

ICE
August 7th, 2008, 21:51
Who cares we're screwed either way.

Every four years we think "Well it cant get any worse" and every four years you'll never guess what happens.

masterchief929
August 7th, 2008, 22:35
i think both candidates are evil and not suited to run our country, but i think that the lesser of the two evils would be McCain. Believe it or not this nation was founded on the Bible and Obama wants to replace the Bible with the Koran.

I do not mean to start any type of argument because that would be pointless, especially since were on a forum. :p

ICE
August 7th, 2008, 23:31
i think both candidates are evil and not suited to run our country, but i think that the lesser of the two evils would be McCain. Believe it or not this nation was founded on the Bible and Obama wants to replace the Bible with the Koran.

I do not mean to start any type of argument because that would be pointless, especially since were on a forum. :p

You're undermining the word secret in his secret muslimship...

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2008, 00:41
I really dont like either of them.
John McCain seems, I dont know, mediocre.
Barack Obama is just a puppet. Seriously, people criticized George W. Bush for using 9/11 in his speeches, yet those critics practically worship Obama, and all he does is use Racism in his speeches (and it works, I know people in the hood that can barely speak English yet they say, BARACK OBAMA CHANGE whenever you ask them to do something like you're racist).
He makes is sound like all white people are still racist and secretly hate blacks.
All this shit that he's done has been discovered, yet the Liberal Media (pretty much anything besides Fox News) just quietly convinces it's people to forget about it.

It's also sad that 'Liberals' are not liberals at all. They all make it sound like they're a dying breed and that everything is conservative. Most** Liberals these days is really just Leftist that thinks that they're far superior to everyone else. Is not a Liberal someone that's open and looks at all aspects of something? Sucks that the word has been taken so far out of context...

I guess I'd have to say McCain even though I really dont like him, but Obama's gonna give us change...In a very bad way.

I hope I dont start something here.

EDIT: Just like I wouldnt vote in the election, I wont vote here :P

EDIT 2: Ooooohhh!! Looking at the people viewing this thread right now, it looks like there might be a political battle of some sort! I havent fought in one of those for so long!

ICE
August 8th, 2008, 02:04
Heres what I think and hear me out here. Obama went to a church known for being incredibly racist for 20 years. He claims he doesnt believe what they do but that really doesnt matter to my point.

If that church were a white church being racist against black people and Obama was a white guy and it came out then do any of you think we would be talking about this guy in the race? NO! He would have been KILLED.

All I'm saying is we should stay impartial and look at it from different angles.. A black guy going to a racist church for 20 years should get the same thing a white guy going to a racist church for 20 years gets. Oh and fyi its not being the president..

jamotto
August 8th, 2008, 02:27
Don't know, I'll find out when I roll my lucky dice on election day.

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2008, 04:03
Heres what I think and hear me out here. Obama went to a church known for being incredibly racist for 20 years. He claims he doesnt believe what they do but that really doesnt matter to my point.

If that church were a white church being racist against black people and Obama was a white guy and it came out then do any of you think we would be talking about this guy in the race? NO! He would have been KILLED.

All I'm saying is we should stay impartial and look at it from different angles.. A black guy going to a racist church for 20 years should get the same thing a white guy going to a racist church for 20 years gets. Oh and fyi its not being the president..

I love how no matter how many things that Obama does, it's ok. Makes me laugh yet sick to the stomach at the same time.
Think about it, his reverend, his MENTOR, claims that white people invented the HIV virus and gave it to African tribes because they're racist!
Then Obama comes on and says something like he was never there when he Jeremiah Wright was racist and the college-attending independent intellectual types believe him.
I guess I find it ridiculous that the same people that criticized Bush for whatever bad he does do the exact opposite for Obama and pretty much just try to hide it as much as possible.

Ignorant motherfückers...
Now they use a black guy as their puppet on strings since they know that a lot of people cant criticize him without being racist.

ICE
August 8th, 2008, 04:12
At this point such a level of corruption is needed to even be nominated that I really dont think that anyone we elect has any business running a country. Obama or even Mcain is no different.

masterchief929
August 8th, 2008, 15:50
if you look at them they are not suited at all. i don't know if you will agree with this, but abortion is wrong and partial birth abortion is worse. (Barack Obama is for that)

Marijuana is wrong and will cause more trouble than anyone could imagine. that will cause people to get high and do thinks they don't want to. (like accidentally shoot their family.)(McCain is for legalizing marijuana)

plus there is all the stuff that you guys have been saying that is right about both McCain and Obama. Both presidential candidates are corrupt and should not be allowed to run our country.(right into the ground.)

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2008, 16:50
if you look at them they are not suited at all. i don't know if you will agree with this, but abortion is wrong and partial birth abortion is worse. (Barack Obama is for that)

Marijuana is wrong and will cause more trouble than anyone could imagine. that will cause people to get high and do thinks they don't want to. (like accidentally shoot their family.)(McCain is for legalizing marijuana)

plus there is all the stuff that you guys have been saying that is right about both McCain and Obama. Both presidential candidates are corrupt and should not be allowed to run our country.(right into the ground.)

Dude, Marijuana does not do that.
It makes you tired and hungry and you talk more.
If it was legal in small amounts, then I wouldnt see a problem with it, as long as it's not threatening.

fg-54
August 8th, 2008, 22:10
i vote for john! obama likes high gas prices and wants to slowly raise them even more so that we don't buy so much gas and contaminate the world, or throw away so much food, that is an illogical answer! what about poor people who didn't do that in the first place? they are screwed.

pibs
August 8th, 2008, 23:04
They both suck ass... I would vote green party.
Its always republican or democrat and the gap between them has nearly disappeared.
If things keep going the way they are going we are gonna see some crazy shit happen. Riots anyone??

The race to the presidency is just a fvcking popularity contest anyways.

ICE
August 9th, 2008, 01:00
McCains biggest problem is not pot. Its that he will start a war with almost anyone for no reason lol.

JKKDARK
August 9th, 2008, 01:18
Republican people are always right, they do the correct decisions.

Eviltaco64
August 9th, 2008, 04:27
It seems that both parties have shifted more to the left.

A lot of Democrats are now Far Leftists.
A lot of Republicans are now middle-of-the-roaders.

I dislike a lot of democrats because if they **** something up, they'll blame it on the Republicans who picked it back up (like backwardness in the South).

ICE
August 9th, 2008, 04:55
It seems that both parties have shifted more to the left.

A lot of Democrats are now Far Leftists.
A lot of Republicans are now middle-of-the-roaders.

I dislike a lot of democrats because if they **** something up, they'll blame it on the Republicans who picked it back up (like backwardness in the South).

I'm from the south you bastard and if I weren't so lazy I would come up there to Pennsylvania and hit you with my banjo.

Eviltaco64
August 9th, 2008, 05:15
I'm from the south you bastard and if I weren't so lazy I would come up there to Pennsylvania and hit you with my banjo.

Im not saying that the south is like that now.
It might be in some rural Mississippi village but the South is alright now, it was however backward for quite awhile.
Andz if you hit me with yer banjo, keep it away from mah face, people sey ah look liek Charlie Chaplain!

bah
August 10th, 2008, 06:00
Two sides of the same coin.
They just pander to different interest groups for votes at election time.

I don't really wish to get into any great debate about the minutia of the campaigns so i'll go the light-hearted path:

I cant see how anyone can vote republican after the last 8 years personally.

Its a 2 party system; The opposition doesn't win because people like them, the incumbent looses because the masses have had them to blame for all they dislike for the last term.
You vote for the one you hate slightly less.

That's how it is in Australia anyway. :)

Americans in general often come across as WAY too respectful of their politicians.
You shouldn't be a fanboy even of the guy your voting for because you know once they're in power they'll do things you disagree with just like the other guy.

Most of what they say is carefully researched, targeted and expertly delivered spin. Not their own opinion and certainly not a foundation upon which they will actually base decisions once elected.

BlueCrab
August 11th, 2008, 02:03
Its kinda funny to read this topic and the various misinformation that is being presented in here. Its quite obvious that at least some people in this thread seem to think that Fox News is the only reliable, unbiased news source.

TOPIC LOCKED

EDIT:
At the urging of someone else, I'm unlocking the topic for now. Any more incredibly racist comments or blatant misinformation in here will mean the topic gets locked again (permanently the next time). Any flaming or anything else will result in infractions/bans.

Having a serious discussion is OK, throwing childish, false comments in to try to convince people to think the same way you do is not.