PDA

View Full Version : Sega feels your pain, promises better Sonic quality

JKKDARK
August 7th, 2008, 19:41
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=206429

"Some of that criticism is probably warranted," said Sega's Sean Ratcliffe, in an interview with GameDaily, when asked about the poor quality of recent Sonic games. "We recognize it, which is why you're seeing us this year taking the first steps in making sure the quality is right."

He added, "This time around, with Sonic Unleashed, we got a great new engine that allows us to truly deliver the Sonic experience as it arguably should have been on next-gen. For fans of Sonic that have been looking for a next-gen experience, this is the game they've been waiting for."

Since debuting in 1991 on Sega Genesis, Sonic the Hedgehog has been plagued with checkered past. With exception to select portable and compilation games, very few sequels have been well-received by either critics or fans.

The newest game in the series, Sonic Unleashed, arrives on Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and PS2 this November.

Airdevil
August 8th, 2008, 01:08
Ive been waiting for a decent sequal for sonic for about 14 years.

This has potential...... although i bet they screw it up.

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2008, 01:14
I really hope that this new Sonic is ok.
Honestly, I think that Sonic just CANT get the good reviews it used to.
I expect Unleashed to get a 6/10 - 7.5/10.

Shadowblind
August 8th, 2008, 01:21
To me SA2 was amazing. After that they ruined it.

C'mon Sega, Mario can be remade in this gen, so why can't Sonic? Marios a plumber after all!

Triv1um
August 8th, 2008, 01:36
Mario can be remade in this gen

Not really, any new mario or sonic games all suck in my opinion.

They need to stop making them.

alanparker05
August 8th, 2008, 02:47
I'd be happy if sega just dusted off the code for sonic adventure 1+2 and ported it over to the psp they're much better than most of the drizzle that's being released now

JKKDARK
August 8th, 2008, 03:47
All we need is a sequel to Sonic Shuffle!

Veskgar
August 8th, 2008, 04:32
I'd be happy if sega just dusted off the code for sonic adventure 1+2 and ported it over to the psp they're much better than most of the drizzle that's being released now

Excellent idea actually. :thumbup: I'd buy that. That has worked before so SEGA and SONY would be fools not to. Remember, the Crazy Taxi and PowerStone games? Both of those series have been bundled for the PSP and they turned out to be pretty decent titles.

Crazy Taxi Fare Wars and Power Stone Collection to be precise.

Back to Sonic, nothing is worse than "Sonic the Hedgehog" for the PS3. That game is inexcusable.

goshogun1
August 8th, 2008, 04:56
Gotta admit that Sonic Rush 1 and 2 were pretty awesome. Perhaps better than the original genesis 4. BUT, I don't see how turning sonic into a "where-hog" is gonna make up for all the crappy sequels.

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2008, 06:12
Sonic Adventure 2 was definitely SEGA's last effort.
After that, meh...

geise69
August 8th, 2008, 12:53
When Sega stopped making consoles is when they stopped making good games. Phantasy Star Universe is one small exception.

werpu
August 8th, 2008, 15:19
When Sega stopped making consoles is when they stopped making good games. Phantasy Star Universe is one small exception.

Actually I really liked Sonic Rush and Sonic and the Secret Rings (despite its mediocre ratings), it really was a sonic game, it was fast, and the 3d still was putting sonic on rails so it was down to the 2d sonic in a 3d engine.
Sega seems to get it lately regarding Sonic, again...