PDA

View Full Version : NuGaSa

wraggster
August 7th, 2008, 19:50
News/release from nIxx (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/NuGaSa)

NuGaSa allows you to backup and restore your Gamecube Savegames from the SD Card

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TVarmy
August 8th, 2008, 04:50
Out of curiousity, could a future IOS/System Menu/Firmware hack allow the gamecube compatability mode to virtually use the SD card as a large gamecube card? I ask this because I don't like having to keep track of memory cards, and most SD cards have tons of space and are much cheaper and versatile than a GC card. Does the SD gecko allow this?

Mini Moose
August 8th, 2008, 05:45
Out of curiousity, could a future IOS/System Menu/Firmware hack allow the gamecube compatability mode to virtually use the SD card as a large gamecube card? I ask this because I don't like having to keep track of memory cards, and most SD cards have tons of space and are much cheaper and versatile than a GC card. Does the SD gecko allow this?

Theoretically, it could be possible, but there might be compatibility problems due to the Wii emulating GC games. (I'm probably wrong) Which might be done through the Wii's software. But if GC games are run through hardware (i.e. special parts of the Wii would be completely dedicated to playing GC. Like the PS2.), there might be problems trying to do that. (?)

I really don't know. I'm just speculating. I would really like to have this feature too.

keinestijl
August 8th, 2008, 10:58
Theoretically, it could be possible, but there might be compatibility problems due to the Wii emulating GC games. (I'm probably wrong) Which might be done through the Wii's software. But if GC games are run through hardware (i.e. special parts of the Wii would be completely dedicated to playing GC. Like the PS2.), there might be problems trying to do that. (?)

I really don't know. I'm just speculating. I would really like to have this feature too.

It shuts out the Wii specific parts of the hardware, so no. Unless Nintendo ( or homebrewers ) changes this...