PDA

View Full Version : I quit !!

PSmonkey
October 31st, 2005, 16:28
Damn it I am sick and tired of all your bull**** that you guys keep giving me. Requesting this and requesting that. When is this comming out and when will this transform into ultra mega barbra.

No more request to feed timmy. No more request to kick your dog. No more request to continue with this obvious bs joke because everybody else is doing it. :)

Anyways Just wanted to say Hi this morning. I'm not quiting, I just felt like doing "Mee Tooo!!" with everybody quiting the psp scene. I will never quit because I like the PSP too much.

Anyways down to buisness. Sorry that updates are slow. Nothing new is going on in the 3 relms because I have been busy trying to learn 3d (bah, I am a comercial gba coder, never needed 3d till now). Below are some pictuers of a quake 3 bsp loader I am working on for fun. I hope to eventualy port it to psp and release it so people can write very simple 3d fps games for psp using quake bsp maps & character models. Should be interesting to see.

Oh I have recently desided to start releasing some of my adhoc code soon. I'll start documenting things and start posting stuff in good time. Wifi coding has been really taking off and I dout I will be the first to accomplish adhoc so I might as well assist in making it happen sooner with some of my work.

Anyways Have a Happy Holloween!!

P.S. Send all your candy to me !!!

P.P.S. Sorry the shots are dark. I have to figure out why my vertex coloring went ungodly dark when I init textures (its not from rendering the textures because the vertex colors whent dark as soon as i init textures but did not bind them to use or use uv cords yet).

PSmonkey
October 31st, 2005, 17:20
hey one quick thing. Thoes pictures are 480x272 but they are not being rendered on a psp. It's being rendered on a PC in opengl. I am just building everything around the psp resolution to make it easier to mimic so when I can build for psp, running on the pc should give a close representation of what psp will give me.

Cap'n 1time
October 31st, 2005, 20:37
You do that again... and Im going to kick my dog.

PSmonkey
October 31st, 2005, 20:43
You do that again... and Im going to kick my dog.
NOOOO not benji !!!!! :(

<cartman voice> Poor feller, you shouldn't done that. He's just a boy. Poor little feller.

Magoichid
October 31st, 2005, 21:44
sorry if it seems like I've been nagging you about the whole BoF III translation, its just that when ********** said it was going to be released the 22 I was so happy, and ever since I found out that it wasn't and now their is no release date I've just been anxious and impatient.

PSmonkey
November 1st, 2005, 05:05
Magoichid,

I understand but neither me nor clessy set a date. Two other people who were bsing each other set a date when they didn't even have anything.

we've worked hard but need a little more work atm. I just need time to suport more extensions in my converter then I can work with clessy to get a release patch for up to the first town. That is all we wish to do for now till we can fix the font.

Yet at the same time I must get cought up to date on 3d coding in the next two months when I will probably be shifted onto a 3d DS game. So time is tight. :)

I'm not angry btw. Just making sure this is clear. :)

oh PPS. I know why my scene is dark, texture filtering caused it to do that. Guess I should hurry up and do lightmaps soon.

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2005, 15:05
can you extract models with these tools? just curiouse.

PSmonkey
November 1st, 2005, 15:41
At the current time no. Just text. It can rip the text from the english ps1 version into a readable text format. Then you just modify and patch and it auto patches for the jpn psp build (since there is differences in the character format).

iball
November 1st, 2005, 15:56
So.....when's that BoFIII translation patch coming out again?

I kid, I kid!

Keep it up, I know we'll eventually see it. I have tons of SCUMMVM and SNES/Genesis RPGs to keep me busy well into the new year.
And that parasitic GTA game...it gets onto you and won't let you go.

quzar
November 1st, 2005, 18:22
Magoichid,

I understand but neither me nor clessy set a date. Two other people who were bsing each other set a date when they didn't even have anything.

we've worked hard but need a little more work atm. I just need time to suport more extensions in my converter then I can work with clessy to get a release patch for up to the first town. That is all we wish to do for now till we can fix the font.

Yet at the same time I must get cought up to date on 3d coding in the next two months when I will probably be shifted onto a 3d DS game. So time is tight. :)

oh PPS. I know why my scene is dark, texture filtering caused it to do that. Guess I should hurry up and do lightmaps soon.

wait, are you working with clessious(AIM SN: CLeSaRie)???? He was one of the biggest thorns in the side of the Dreamcast scene for the past 3-4 years. He is currently banned from this site (as he not only bashed and threatened people, but AFTER being banned signed up under another name and posted links to an emulator he leaked). I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. Tread lightly with him, as if he gets upset (which he does over little nothings) you are libel to have lots of problems because of it.

PSmonkey
November 1st, 2005, 20:17
quzar,

I admit he is a pain in the ass sometimes with his moods but he is an entusist and cool to chat with at times about games.

Sure maybe he had a bad past but who of us hasn't? I was a pathedic joke to people back in the n64 scene but now in the gba & psp scene i've been pretty good / decent. We all grow up sometime.

quzar
November 2nd, 2005, 06:37
This wasn't his past though, this was as recent as a few months ago. Also, I mostly wanted you to understand that you simply can't trust him. The reason he's been able to cause so much chaos is because he gets people to believe that he wasn't harmful and people were just out to get him. The last people were me then scherzo, I'm just glad I never gave him anything private (then again, I havn't ever done anything worth leaking) but scherzo did trust him enough to let him beta test his NES emu and what happened? he threw a fit and leaked it.

At least now ya can't say you weren't warned if something bad happens =P.

PSmonkey
November 2nd, 2005, 15:37
Quzar,

I know but truthfuly I dont really have anything amazing anyways. Anything I do have I am more then willing to give out.

I guess I am just too much of an easy going guy. :)

--edit--
Here is another picture of my 3d stuff. The vertex coloring is what is making it so dark. Should have lighmaps working later today.

PSmonkey
November 2nd, 2005, 17:23
Hey small notice. NgPsp works on 2.0 :P I did not know it worked (never had a 2.0 till recently due to gtaLS).

--edit--
Yay I learned a lesson. A stupid man should never invert the lightmap cords :P (wasted time figuring out how dumb i was). Now just need to do 2 textures at once to blend the light map & texture together.

Sorry I know this little quake map loader i am doing is sort of lame but for a first project in 3d its turning out better then I hoped. As well, I am drooling at the though of having this ported over to psp asap. I think it would be great to have an opensrc 3d engine for psp that can work with quake 3 data to make building up a game much faster.

Magoichid
November 2nd, 2005, 21:25
Magoichid,

Up to the first town? You mean the town that you first get your gear in?

PSmonkey
November 2nd, 2005, 21:59
Yes, This is no walk in the park to translate. The TOE trans was lame because all he did was take the files from the ps1 english version of TOE and threw it into the game. This does not work on bof3 because capcom has changed many things in it's files so Ps1 data files are not compatible on the PSP version. It just crashes.

--edit 2--
And god said let there be a monster headake & opengl extensions. Yay

Multitexturing. So the Scene has Textures, lightmaps & vertex coloring all together now.

Cap'n 1time
November 2nd, 2005, 23:34
Dudical.

10shu
November 3rd, 2005, 01:18
what do we need to create quake 2 mod? is 3ds max is compatible with quake 2 engine? I m a graphic artist working for a very famous videogame company...i may work on a mod for the psp( on my free time ) if i find out how to create them...i have use unreal engine in the past...did quake2 got a similar editor???

thank s for the info...

coheedcollapse
November 3rd, 2005, 01:44
Good man! I was worried for a few seconds...nice tease though...I've never gotten how developers look at the bad over the good so often that they are driven to resignation.

PSmonkey
November 3rd, 2005, 02:43
what do we need to create quake 2 mod? is 3ds max is compatible with quake 2 engine? I m a graphic artist working for a very famous videogame company...i may work on a mod for the psp( on my free time ) if i find out how to create them...i have use unreal engine in the past...did quake2 got a similar editor???

thank s for the info...
hmmm... canada, big publisher, unreal = prob. ubi :)

Dont wory, i work for a near by studio!

anyway, google polycount & quake for a good site on mods!

PSmonkey
November 3rd, 2005, 03:55
--edit--
nevermind, got hold of the pc for a bit. :D

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2005, 19:40

thank s for the info...

unreal >quake, as far as the editor goes.. BUT If you have a good understanding of 3DS Max you should be fine with the quake engine if you read up on it. As the monkeyboy said polycount is a great source.

@monkeyboy
have you ever heard of cube? its never seen a real console port, though I think the famed and yet forgotten yeti3D engine had some link to it.

-yeti3d engine stuff as you probably already know
http://www.angelsoftware.org/index.php?Projet---gp32
http://www.devmaster.net/engines/engine_details.php?id=59

-cube stuff as you should know
http://www.cubeengine.com/

----------------------------
cube is very easy to create maps with... in fact... you do it in game. and it also suports *.md3 or whatever the quake models were. I believe yeti3d does also.

PSmonkey
November 3rd, 2005, 21:06
I've have heard about both of them actualy. The wonderful concept about cube is the fact the world can be changed in realtime which is really nice. It's an overall amazing engine.

Yeti3D is also another great engine i've heard about. I actualy found out about cube through yeti.

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2005, 21:26
There is also another engine based on cube (in fact its just cube tweaked ALOT) that some people perfer.. Its editor is alot more flexable (now you can give your house a roof that you can walk on!)
as good as cube looks... well look at this
http://sauerbraten.org/50/screenshot_322474.jpg
check this out this!
http://sauerbraten.org/
and dl here (unlike cube it still gets updated :) )
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102911

PSmonkey
November 3rd, 2005, 21:37
thanks for the info. Looks quite nice as well.

I'm hoping what I create can be as good as thoes on the psp. I know i have quite a few limits to work with but I think something extreamly nice could be done.

Magoichid
November 4th, 2005, 04:03
how many projects are you doing at once? and are you seriously considering releasing a patch that translates up to the first town?

PSmonkey
November 4th, 2005, 04:18
how many projects are you doing at once? and are you seriously considering releasing a patch that translates up to the first town?

Can you please, for the love of god, stop bothering me about bof3. Yes we are serious and clessy is working his ass off this weekend to try doing a test run for the game since you guys keep bugging about it. We will release it when we feel ready.

My projects are Bof3 (low on the list), my 3d engine (which i need to do to learn 3d), nemo (wifi libs) & ngPsp (neo geo pocket emu for psp).

iball
November 4th, 2005, 04:48
You could always port over Zinc to the PSP and become a legend.
Ha! j/k! Can't wait to see what you release next, your work looks very interesting.

Cap'n 1time
November 4th, 2005, 14:51
You could always port over Zinc to the PSP and become a legend.
Ha! j/k! Can't wait to see what you release next, your work looks very interesting.

;) that would be pretty cool. sadly i dont think zinc is open source.

Cap'n 1time
November 5th, 2005, 05:40
Im sorry, but its been a few hours and no one has asked today so...

Like, when is your patch of BoF3 coming out? omgomg I hope you release it soon!11!!1111!one

iball
November 5th, 2005, 05:56
With GTA, SCUMMVM, SNES, ToE, DGEN, etc. my playbook is pretty booked up for the next 3 or 4 months. I can wait on a quality BoFIII translation.
About zinc, you're right, they haven't released the source.
But imagine being able to play the list of games found on the following link:
http://www.emuhype.com/index.phtml?s=zinc&ss=specs
Playing the actual ARCADE VERSIONS of the games themselves would be nice. Like MAME, only for newer games. I run it on my PC and it's damn fast and looks excellent.
Now, the M1 Modeler emulator for a different set of Sega Arcade systems and the games that run on them will have its source code released (comment on their forum dated 25 OCT 05) as soon as version 0.8, so that could be looked at.
You could always email the zinc author and see if he would be kind enough to give you the source to try your hand at a port.

PSmonkey
November 6th, 2005, 04:21
I would be my own hero if I ported zinc (i'm a huge soul edge/soul calibur fan).

Yet I more want Capcom CPS 1/2 or Taito F3.

Also FYI, Clessy anounced a patch release for next weekend regarding bof3.

iball
November 6th, 2005, 04:30
I would be my own hero if I ported zinc (i'm a huge soul edge/soul calibur fan).

Yet I more want Capcom CPS 1/2 or Taito F3.

Also FYI, Clessy anounced a patch release for next weekend regarding bof3.
Sphinctersaywha? Clessy's releasing an English translation patch for BoF3 next weekend? Is it done and in "testing" or what? How far along is it? 100% complete or just the story or menus?

PSmonkey
November 6th, 2005, 18:39
Sphinctersaywha? Clessy's releasing an English translation patch for BoF3 next weekend? Is it done and in "testing" or what? How far along is it? 100% complete or just the story or menus?

I did not know your ass could type. :)

Anyways I don't know the full details since clessy is responcible for it but I beilieve his goal is all of the world00 folder files which should be a decent amount of text. The game has a few folders with the game script in it. I am not sure how they are divided up but i think there is 3-4 world folders with data files. So his goal is everything in the first world folder.

iball
November 6th, 2005, 19:58
"Oh, I see" says the blind man. Well, I'm sure he'll keep on it as he finds time.
I hear GTA calling me.....it keeps calling me like a demon from HELL!

zonith
February 26th, 2006, 04:35
hey im new at all this stuff i think its amazing all the work you are doing and i cant wait till there is a working ver of m64!!!!! for the psp keep it up man