PDA

View Full Version : PSIX Finished

wraggster
October 31st, 2005, 23:09
Source - http://www.naoneo.com/

Psix project has been temp-terminated, neither me nor Qubitz have the time to maintain and work on the project at this time, may resume in the new year depending on what were up to then but no breath holding, additionally team xanxion has been dissolved, Dual Savours development has been halted and updates to this site will now cease, i have neither the time nor patience to deal with liars, untrustworthy assholes and blackmailers, to the testers that have the beta, feel free to leak it, it wont work on other peoples psp's anyway.
Feel free to direct your hate mail to [email protected]

Later all, hope the homebrew scene doesn't die while i'm gone.

Hmm looks like that Shell for PSP is a goner :eek:

10shu
October 31st, 2005, 23:18
that shame...i was really waiting for psix...
why not release the source code so other can finish it?

pspfr33k
October 31st, 2005, 23:32
It's lame they release something we can't even run.....
"We don't want other teams to release something and tell it is made with our idea"

yeah right....

F9zDark
November 1st, 2005, 00:51
This is the second time this has happened with this 'team'. It is getting ridiculous now...

10shu
November 1st, 2005, 01:24
Ok Then! I Will Never Release My X360 Emulator For The Psp!!! :)

Psyberjock
November 1st, 2005, 02:34
Are you kidding me?

This is the stupidest thing I've heard so far. This is way worse than the Wab fiasco. What the hell is going on in these guys' heads? Psix is the one update I have eagerly and patiently been waiting for.

Someone PLEASE send me the Psix beta. I'll get it to work on my PSP. There are only a few things which uniquely id a PSP and it is probably either the MAC address or a serial number. I'll hex edit that biaaatch into submission.

I agree with the idea of releasing the source to someone else. Pick someone you think is responsible enough to give you credit for your hard work and hopefully we'll all be able to enjoy a wonderful program. But based on what we've seen from these guys so far, that's asking for way too much maturity.

These jokers are going to force me to improve my programming aren't they?

Psyberjock
November 1st, 2005, 02:44
He's pretty full of himself too isn't he? He works with another guy and the only thing they release is Arkanoid. "Hope the scene doesn't die while I'm gone" (read that part in a low goofy voice to reenact what I heard in my head), what a joke.

That's it, gimme that toolchain.

vincesecuricor2005
November 1st, 2005, 04:16
what is it that psix was supposed to do?, sorry im a little outta date

F9zDark
November 1st, 2005, 05:02
PSix was supposed to be an 'OS' for the PSP. It would do play movies, music, pics and games and add much needed user friendliness to the PSP(ie making new directories, always on USB, etc).

I saw another post from Fluff, talking about his reasons for putting the project on postponement(read:not cancelled; just delayed). Apparently, he is far too busy with work and the coming christmas season to work on the program. While it does suck for the rest of us, it will certainly help the community to get ahead. Because lets face it, a great number of homebrew is just shit anyway.

DraconumPB
November 1st, 2005, 06:18
Because lets face it, a great number of homebrew is just shit anyway.

That's an ungrounded statement. Where have you been, PSPUpd4tes?

10shu
November 1st, 2005, 06:19
While it does suck for the rest of us, it will certainly help the community to get ahead. Because lets face it, a great number of homebrew is just shit anyway.

how? :confused: :)

Omatic
November 1st, 2005, 07:24
Because lets face it, a great number of homebrew is just shit anyway.

Ooh... he's gonna take some flak for that one. Although it's worded inappropriately, his point is basically that the majority of homebrew here is stuff that's nice to make and all, but not something you'd put on your psp and use often. For example, the emulators are very popular because they're very useful, but other homebrews are overlooked.

This shouldn't discourage homebrew writers, however. Even the tallest buildings need a good foundation, and that means that we need the basic homebrew so that it can be improved upon and learned from so we can get to awesome stuff like NesterJ and DGen.

Omatic
November 1st, 2005, 07:28
Btw, the headline to this news post is EXTREMELY misleading!! At first, I was gonna throw a party because PSIX was completed, and ready for me to use. I was amazed and delighted that I could finally replace that 1.5 firmware shell with something that looks so kickass. Then I read the post and it was just the opposite.

Curse you Wrag, and your misleading headlines!! I'll get my revenge! =)