PDA

View Full Version : Starfall

wraggster
August 8th, 2008, 01:13
News/release from Crediar

Starfall, formerly HackInstaller, is an application developed by Crediar to patch the system menu to include new features.

These hacks only work with the systemmenu 3.2E(v290) If you have any other version it will just return to the loader.

This tool does not update any SHA1 hashes or signatures. Currently IOS isn't checking those, but that could be fixed in a future update.

Just load it and carefully read the on screen stuff otherwise you won't be able to install it.

The rescue-menu is a build-in menu by nintendo, it doesn't make your wii unbrickable. If you install another systemmenu all hacks will be removed.

Your systemmenu will only be patched, it won't be deleted. This makes the patch progress very brick safe

No healhwarning screen
Region free GC games with video mode patch
Region free Wii games
Region free channels
No mainmenu BGM
Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

BlueMonkey
August 8th, 2008, 01:41
Ooh, it sounds really nice. Actually useful. However, I won't use unless I can restore it.

wed5366
August 8th, 2008, 02:01
it can still brick your wii because it makes most of its channels,Wii games, GC games,ect Region free

or am i not right...............o well..........

wed5366
August 8th, 2008, 02:06
it still shows the safty thing at the start but its Region free i put (pal)game on my usa wii and it worked???????

Mini Moose
August 8th, 2008, 02:31
Why is it called "Starfall"? o.O

Grey Acumen
August 8th, 2008, 03:40
so does this work on NTSC region Wiis now?

I heard something about the 0.2 version only being able to be installed on PAL region Wiis.

TVarmy
August 8th, 2008, 04:45
The Wiki page does not mention it only working on Pal. The only requirement is that you have a systemmenu 3.2E(v290). It warns that it would be easy for future updates to find and possibly brick it as it makes no attempt to pretend to be the old menu internally, so keep that in mind and be very careful not to update. I'm holding off until it's better developed and/or I actually start importing GC/Wii games.

Wiki: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall

EDIT: Wait, I read the wiki wrong. It apparently is bricksafe in the developer's mind, as it is a patch. However, he does mention that the IOS can find it if Nintendo includes code for it to look for it. Just thought I'd clarify that and point out I was being stupid.

middle man
August 8th, 2008, 14:31
do any of these play backups yet??

BlueCrab
August 8th, 2008, 14:57
do any of these play backups yet??

No, and with any luck they never will.

"Backups" are against the rules to talk about here, so if they ever did, they wouldn't be posted here anyway.

bumfacekilla
August 8th, 2008, 19:40
This sounds cool as I have several NTSC cube games and a PAL Wii, but I'm a little hesitant. Does anybody really know if this thing is "bricksafe"? I doubt Nintendo would intentionally destroy their customers' Wiis (besides I think it's illegal for them to do so).

I do occasionally enjoy some Virtual Console downloads (such as N64 as there is no decent emulator for that yet) and also some of the Wii Ware titles are cool, but to do so I'll obviously have to update.

What a pickle, I don't know what to do!

r3tr0
August 9th, 2008, 16:40
would i be able to play ntsc wiiware games with this ?