PDA

View Full Version : PSP-PDA V1.1 Windows XP Graphics

dragaron
November 1st, 2005, 05:17
I updated alot of the graphic files for the PSP-PDA v1.1 homebrew app (bg, icons, calendar... ect). It looks darn sharp, me-thinks. Is there anyway I can get in touch with Rob_PSP, creator of PSP-PDA to see if he would like to implement them with his future releases as an option for those who are interested? I don't want any credit or anything for it. The program itself is AWESOME, and since I'm a graphic designer, I want to do what I can to help it grow and advance.

F9zDark
November 1st, 2005, 05:23
Well you can put files in a zip and upload them so others can use them as well. And perhaps an admin can put them together in the same download section so others will know they are there.

At least thats a temporary option.

LazerTag
November 2nd, 2005, 03:10
Sounds very cool. Nothing like mods. Especially for those of us who are graphically challenged. ;)

dragaron
November 2nd, 2005, 04:54
Download "musicicon.zip" in this post and unzip contents. Drop "1.jpg" into PSP/GAMES/PDA/CALENDAR. This will change January's Calendar bg graphic only. Copy 1.jpg 11 times and rename the 11 images (ie... 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg) if you want the same image for every month. Drop all of the other unzipped image files into PSP/GAMES/PDA/IMAGE. This will change all of the main menu's icons to XP style, and the background as well. You must transfer the files while in regular USB mode, not the USB mode that is enabled through the PDA program itself, so the images are properly loaded.

Some bugs I noticed with the program, or perhaps my PSP:
1) Notepad's rollover text jumps down a few pixels in main menu
2) You can scroll to a spot below Images in main menu even though there is not a menu option there. This may be a spot for "settingsicon", which may be a future feature I'm guessing.
3) MP3's encoded at anything less than 44.1 kHz frequency play at a fast "chipmonk voice" speed. I re-encode my MP3's at a bitrate of 16-24, and at that bitrate I am unable to choose a frequency any higher than 24 kHz.
4) The directional pad and button input is too sensitive. I have to litterly tap quickly to just have it read one input instead of 2 or 3. Even setting the sensitivity to 0 or 255 doesn't seem to have any bearing on this.

Anyone else experience any of these, or is it maybe just my PSP? Other than that, the program is AWESOME!!!

cancan
November 2nd, 2005, 14:06
Thank you for the icons.
I still have a small comment on them, would it possible that you put a transparent background for each of them like for the original ones?
It is ok if I use the metal.png you provide (because it is white) but does not work with other backgrounds (got a white square around them).
Anyway thank again. Hope other themes will appear.

I have created a BeOs set of icons and have a problem to set this transparency. In Gimp it is transparent but not when looking at it using XnView or when loaded in PSP-PDA. Can anyone help?

dragaron
November 2nd, 2005, 22:59
Thank you for the icons.
I still have a small comment on them, would it possible that you put a transparent background for each of them like for the original ones?
It is ok if I use the metal.png you provide (because it is white) but does not work with other backgrounds (got a white square around them).
Anyway thank again. Hope other themes will appear.

I have created a BeOs set of icons and have a problem to set this transparency. In Gimp it is transparent but not when looking at it using XnView or when loaded in PSP-PDA. Can anyone help?

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with transparency in Gimp. I tried many different things, but still cannot get the image to have a transparent background in the PDA program itself.

cancan
November 3rd, 2005, 10:12
Process to have a transparent background for PNG files in GIMP:
Open your icon file
Go to "Layer -> Transparency -> Add alpha channel"
Select the background color and cut it
Go to "Image -> Mode -> Indexed" and click Ok (defaults values are working)
Save the file

Here my contributions:
beos.zip for beos style icons
gnome.zip for gnome style icons
dropline.zip for gnome dropline style icons

how to install:
unzip one of the attached file, you should get a folder image
copy all .png files to your memory stick under PSP/GAME/PDA/image

That's it.

Please note that I have included each time a background picture. If you don't want it, don't copy the file metal.png.

PS: We can maybe change the topic to PSP-PDA icons or themes ;)

cancan
November 3rd, 2005, 17:07
And a new theme based on the jin icon theme for gnome created by Kitae Kim

Just unzip the file and copy the files into PSP/GAME/PDA/image in the memory stick.

Hope you like it.

dragaron
November 3rd, 2005, 21:21
Thanks for the info and contributions Cancan. I'll try to work out that png transparency thing when I get the chance.

dragaron
November 5th, 2005, 03:28
PSP-PDA v1.2 now supports themes! Attached is my RPGM XP theme which includes my previously released Windows XP icons with transparent backgrounds. Just put this (unzipped) folder in PSP/GAME/PDA/image/, load up PSP-PDA and select the theme titled "RPGM XP". I hope that you likey!

dragaron
November 14th, 2005, 03:06
Put this (unzipped) folder in PSP/GAME/PDA/image/, load up PSP-PDA and select the theme titled "GreenMachine". Theme pack also includes new Calender bg that goes well with the GreenMachine theme. Just overwrite current Calendar folder located in PSP/GAME/PDA with the Calendar folder provided. Enjoy!

PS: How can I change the title of this thread from "PSP-PDA V1.1 Windows XP Graphics" to "PSP-PDA V1.2 Themes"?

dragaron
November 18th, 2005, 23:16
Put this (unzipped) folder in PSP/GAME/PDA/image/, load up PSP-PDA and select the theme titled "DreamCatcher". This is my favorite personally created theme so far...

wraggster
November 19th, 2005, 10:51
Thanks for the awesome work :)

iriejeth
August 10th, 2006, 21:25
can i have the link to download the main files???