PDA

View Full Version : Fluff (PSIX) Explains his Decision

wraggster
November 1st, 2005, 08:14
Right, you guys deserve a proper answer so here it is :

Ever since the last escapade with sage a few months back, i havent had the heart to continue with the project so much, qubitz and i decided to revamp the entire project in a way that would make the memory issues a thing of the past, starting with a powerful base engine we planned to refine every last bit of the shell, we started on that and exams time came for qubitz, since he wasnt around muich to code or discuss the project, i plodded on with the development guidelines writing up everything so we both had clear lines of where the project was to go, the older sources (the ones you can see from the video) were discarded, because although they worked, the code behind them was messy and poorly written, qubitz, who i will openly admit is a much better coder than myself, was to write the base, to which we would then both add code to, looking at each others submittions in the CVS branch so we would know fully where each other were, this worked well for a while but as i said, qubitz's exams kicked in and we gradually stopped working on the project, and as such i finally decided to publicly announce a temporary termination on the development, not because psix is dead, or as most people will say "omg pulled a yoshi and running with the money!", but so people wont sit there asking where it is when its obvious we both neither have the time nore patience to deal with it.

There are a small small handfull of people who have the 3 eboots from the older code (from the videos), one of which decided that because we didnt have time to work on the project, he'd email me asking "give me the source or i'll leak the beta", now really, i don't give a crap about the old beta so if in the next few hours, or days, that old beta (which even i myself dont have anymore, all i ahve is the files from the CVS trunk), then do not judge psix by the quality of the beta, because the beta is slow, buggy as hell and incomplete.

Myself im unable to work on it much because i've been working overtime for various companies with design, the big christmas rush is always a stressfull sleepless time of the year, and when im looking at several design jobs to do just in one morning to give an example, then you can sort of picture how much time it gives me for the rest of the things i do.

I have alot of things to buy in the run up to christmas, partys to arrange, a bike that needs a servicing and engine rebuild, so any time i have free from working is either spent shopping or sleeping, i'm in my 20's, i'm at the point in my life where its me that sorts out christmas and gets to be santa , i cant just sit back and enjoy it like i was nine years old again.

And as to why i don't wish to release the source, 3 reasons ;
1) we've spent this long on it, we don't want to give it up so freely
2) it would just create 20+ clones, just like what happened with LUA shells (lame)
3) I don't want to wake up at some point next week to see Yoshi and SXT releasing "SXT-OS beta" and claiming "omg its all our code we just used fluffs idea!"

Lastly to point out again, psix is not dead, its just temp-terminated, we'll be back to finnish it when we both have more time to work on it.

Also, Fluff has released some old sources, here is what he had to say about that:

"Wah wah wah it doesnt look like psix wah wah wah", yeah it doesnt, it's a very old version, but it isn't a jpg!
Anyway if people want to go ahead, point their fingers at me and cry fake, they can go do that, just don't lump Qubitz in with that because all he has done for psix is code, and code well, hes never posted info about it or asked for donations right?, so leave him well out of it, if i'm to "go down", im not taking a decent stand-up bloke with me.

bill00000
November 1st, 2005, 09:34
tsk tsk, wragg. Not sourcing your news? I know you hate the site this came from, but that's where it came from.

vincesecuricor2005
November 1st, 2005, 14:04
sounds like they had much fun together lol

sitexec
November 1st, 2005, 21:17
haha i knew psix was gonna be lame, once again the community hypes something beyond beleif and they release something full of crap

Caleb
November 1st, 2005, 22:57
Vaporware sprouting drama queens. Just what the homebrew scene needs.

Terial
November 1st, 2005, 23:16
bah... we haven't seen a great advancement in homebrew since the EBOOT loader for 2.0... *is getting anxious*

Psyberjock
November 2nd, 2005, 02:29
To now downplay the old beta, which they worked up so much, tells me more than fluff ever could. Psix IS dead and aparently was never alive as we've all heard.

Oh well, life goes on.

vincesecuricor2005
November 2nd, 2005, 02:31
what use was it to be anyway