PDA

View Full Version : PSPGBA v1.1 Source Released

wraggster
November 2nd, 2005, 08:30
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspgba102.JPG

It seems theres been some discussion on other Emulation forums about the PSPGBA emulator not releasing the source as should be done to comply with GPL, i contacted PSP298 the coder behind the PSP port of Visual boy Advance and he has today released the source to what is the best GameBoy Advance emulator for the PSP so far.

The V1.1 release has a new GPL license included so that sould please any that were concerned over the sources not being released

Download both new files here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgba.shtml

Thanks to PSP298 for this exclusive release for PSP News :)

(Just remember folks the news and release came from this site and not other sites who are steal news and screenshots at will and are only in the scene for the money and no other reason)

vincesecuricor2005
November 2nd, 2005, 13:05
does that mean that other coders will be able to start working on this now?

watoto
November 2nd, 2005, 13:30
yup

vincesecuricor2005
November 2nd, 2005, 13:44
i can see full speed gba emulation not too far away now (eeexcellent), but what emu next, anybody?

jOeBrO
November 2nd, 2005, 13:45
whats next? PSX hopefully...

vincesecuricor2005
November 2nd, 2005, 13:49
i really do hope and wish but can you honestly ever see it running properly plus you would need a hddpsp to hold just a few games, but bring it on (ff7,ff8,mgs1)

Zephyroth_drgs
November 2nd, 2005, 14:27
before that, it will be nice to add wifi multiplayer option to emulators don ya think?

Omatic
November 2nd, 2005, 15:03
That'd be cool, but what I really would like is if the current emulators were perfected. DGen, TYL_Snes, and the Game Gear emulator all need work before they're considered complete. NesterJ and Rin are done, though.

Valiant
November 2nd, 2005, 15:37
hmm has been a while since a TYL_Snes release ^^, I hope there will be a great speed boost...always wanted to play kirby title XD. But definitely see an optimistic future for GBA emu. (Yay one of the other emus I definitely wanted to be completed)

ddblue
November 2nd, 2005, 19:13
We probably shouldn't get ahead of ourselves - emu perfection is *really* hard, so I still worry that some emulators will never reach 100%. The advancement of the GBA emu is awesome though, and I bet we'll be playing at snes TYL quality in no time! I do find it a little strange that none of the emulators have messed with wi-fi support though... why is that? Is it really so much more difficult than creating the emulators themselves?

Anyway, I agree with the opinion that current emus should be perfected before newer systems are emulated - but I also realize that the emu scene doesn't really work like that (I would imagine that the fun part is the beginning stages of conquering an emu, and not so much the tweaking toward perfection - not to mention the latter is probably a lot harder). Either way, keep up the good work!

wraggster
November 2nd, 2005, 21:33
hmm a bit off topic but ill do a what will be a shitlist of sites that stole this news but couldnt even say thanks to wraggster for the news

pspmoneyupdates - as usual they steal everyones news
max console - yes im disapointed
the skeen- hmm bit surprised but
psp spot- the list of lame continues

if anyone else sees a site that doesnt even thank wraggster or link then please let me know, ill be sure to return the compliment

chronoswing
November 2nd, 2005, 22:26
That'd be cool, but what I really would like is if the current emulators were perfected. DGen, TYL_Snes, and the Game Gear emulator all need work before they're considered complete. NesterJ and Rin are done, though.

Umm, why are you using DGen? PSPGenesis has been running full speed for a long time. I've only come across one game that didn't work and that was Smash T.V.

wraggster
November 3rd, 2005, 01:09
in time this could be the best emu on the PSP bar none :)

vincesecuricor2005
November 3rd, 2005, 02:15
its lokkin that way especially as theres new updates very regularly, cool

Kaiser
November 3rd, 2005, 03:54
God, been out of the loop so long didn't even know a decent GBA emulator existed.

hawaiinsurf614
November 3rd, 2005, 05:21
ok hmm i probably sound like a total like..dumb..newb but w.e lol ok i downloaded this psp gba 1.1 thing and like it works and all but what the heck is it..its like nothing the only thing i can do is like click save and game and etc..if u no what im talking about..if any1 can help me to use emulators..plz..instant message me..hawaiinsurf614 aim!!

vincesecuricor2005
November 3rd, 2005, 11:23
you need gba games on your ms

asterothjames
November 3rd, 2005, 15:05
lol erm this is awsome anuva update done u just love it:)

vampireghost9
November 3rd, 2005, 17:32
what's up! quick question for anyone who can tell me why i can't save any of my gba games on the psp or freeze files? my psp boots me out of the program when i try a freeze file, and it simulates my in game save but if you turn it off a go back into the game its not there. is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know what i may be doing wrong?

radiox
November 4th, 2005, 02:00
Perhaps a stupid question, but how do I get this to run on a 1.0 PSP. The zip contains folders formatted for 1.5+, but neither of them does the job:/

Ta for any advice.

hawaiinsurf614
November 4th, 2005, 02:41
umm vampire host were u telling me to save my games on the new gba emu for psp? if so..uhh how do u save games..to it..

iball
November 4th, 2005, 02:51
This is how you do it, gentlemen. You bring over something to the PSP, work hard on it, and then when you're exhausted or tired of it, you hand it off to the global community so they can improve on it.
Excellent work, by the way. I'm sure a few more hardware optimizations to the code and it will be running as fast as the other emulators.

vincesecuricor2005
November 4th, 2005, 11:03
lets hope so a nice speed gba emu would really help as im gettin a little bored with all the megadrive and snes games now

xuphorz
November 4th, 2005, 23:30
well, there's a few greta snes games like zelda, illusion of gaia, and terranigma

ThomasLeFevre
November 5th, 2005, 12:50
lets hope so a nice speed gba emu would really help as im gettin a little bored with all the megadrive and snes games nowBoth of the Fire Emblem games rule and the framerate they run on the GBAPSP emulator is perfect the only lag i get is when i enter the startin screen but that only lasts a few seconds

ThomasLeFevre
November 5th, 2005, 12:52
I would like to see some sound because the sound so far is bad but tolerable