PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront 2 - PSP (US)

wraggster
November 2nd, 2005, 17:50
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3720&lsaid=219793)

Who knows how many different games have been set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but of them all, Star Wars Battlefront was the #1 best selling title of all time. Now the sequel is here on PSP, and whether you want to fly a TIE Fighter, play as Boba Fett, slaughter Gungans, or just about anything else, this title has it all. Across 13 maps, some of which come from Episode III, the gameplay could be described as similar to EA's Battlefield 2, but set in the rich universe of Star Wars. There's three single player modes, from Instant Action, which is just what handheld owners need sometimes, to Galactic Conquest, the campaign mode which takes place in either the Clone Wars or Galactic Civil War era, or Challenges mode as either an Imperial Enforcer, a Rebel Raider, or a Rogue Assassin.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-starwars-battlefront2-us4.jpg

Imperial Enforcer turns you onto the dark side, sending you to planets like Naboo to massacre the Gungans, or to the Wookies home planet Kashyyyk, and has you come back with ships full of brand new fur coats ;) Playing as a Rebel Raider is similar to capture the flag, but having you locate fallen comrades, contraband and other goodies, then take it to your check point, and takes place both on land and in space. Finally Rogue Assassin challenges you to locate your target, snipe them, and then get out of there so you live to do it again another day. In addition to regular deathmatch and more, Star Wars Battlefront 2 also supports up to four players cooperatively or competitively over Ad-Hoc wireless. As you'd expect from Star Wars, all the vehicles and famous faces you love are here and playable, and in stock this week, the force is exceedingly strong with this one!

chronoswing
November 2nd, 2005, 22:23
I'm still puzzled as to why there is no Infrastructure online play for this game.

vincesecuricor2005
November 3rd, 2005, 02:17
er any uk release date?

SmashinGit
November 3rd, 2005, 08:34
4th November 2005

vincesecuricor2005
November 3rd, 2005, 10:44
qaulity

echel0n
November 3rd, 2005, 17:18
this looks like a wicked game, anyone know if u can play it and still use versi0n changer, eboot l0ader or something to play hb? or is it like gta and u have to upgrade to 2.xxx

in other words, has anyone figured out how to play this and/or gta and still keep hb/emus on their psp? is there a way to do it all?

if not, i think i might have to buy a new psp..shame to have to upgrade and lose all the cool hb stuff.. :(

iball
November 3rd, 2005, 17:54
I'm still puzzled as to why there is no Infrastructure online play for this game.
Same here. I mean, they've had the same dev kits as the SOCOM team has.
I guess they are just "lazy" and didn't want to implement the servers and everything that goes into them (upkeep, patching, keeping them staffed) or their "engine" can't handle it.

pspfr33k
November 3rd, 2005, 20:07
I heard there was a multiplayer mode, but a US Star Wars can't play together with a EU Star Wars, right?!

As far for the version, I'd like to know it too! I was planning to gonna buy it tomorrow so....

Topknot
November 3rd, 2005, 20:52
I'd be tempted to buy this if it wasnt for the analogue stick situation.

Bought the PS2 version last week... hasnt been out of the tray yet :)

PSP_Newbie
November 4th, 2005, 08:14
i believe its unlike gta
i think it requires 1.52/2.00 or whatever version, but not to the extent of gta and can easily be bypassed

vincesecuricor2005
November 4th, 2005, 09:44
im in the uk i think its out today im gonna go to game in the nxt couple of hours can anyone def say if this requires 2.00 or a tricker will work?

echel0n
November 4th, 2005, 16:18
thanx for the encouraging news, PSP_Newbie, can anyone from the US who has this verify that it works with the w@b versi0n changer?

Im starting to lean towards upgrading with all these great new titles :(
::jaws drop:: yes i know, i know, how could i upgrade? I'd MUCH rather not upgrade because i love my retro and the emus let me play those, as well as the hb stuff is so cool, but Im getting bored of the PSP commercial games I have, and the new ones on the shelf are calling..

if i had the loot i'd rather buy a new psp but if i did that i wouldnt be able to afford any games :p

I'd rather find a way to do it all on one console..i have faith in these guys i know they can do it, i just dont know if i can wait, i can see myself caving in and upgrading to play new games like this starwars lolol

why does $0ny have to be so messed up and not allow hb? they are only killing their following? its the age old question, ::: sigh :::

anyway, if anyone knows if this game works with the versi0n changer on a US console, and/or if anyone has a list of all the games that are currently playable with a 1.5 console using the versi0n changer, id really appreciate it

cheers! :)

pspfr33k
November 4th, 2005, 22:24
- Version changer (WAB) does NOT work.
- You don't need a list. All the games released before 1 november are playable with the WAB version changer. All the games after 1 november (as GTA, Star Wars, PES 5 if it comes...etc)aren't playable with the version changer.

Jdemon
November 5th, 2005, 16:53
The game is quite cool, and works with Fastloader 0.7 on my 1.5

More here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13003&page=2&pp=10

Oh and I'm in the US but I don't think that makes a difference. If it runs with 1.5 here that should mean it doesn't fall in the same category as GTA, from what I understand.

PSP_Newbie
November 5th, 2005, 20:04
I can confirm that this game works with WAB version changer

and dont listen to pspfr33k, both things said are not true
gta and possibly another game are exceptions to having it work with wab version changer, but then i wouldnt be surprised if sooner or later all games will be made like gta, as it seems to at least stop the piracy, which is most important to them

echel0n
November 7th, 2005, 15:10
thanks for the info, PSP_Newbie. all i needed to know. i was getting so bored of the old titles, now I can go buy a new game and not have to upgrade, cheers :D

p.s. what's fastloader? do i need that to make it work too, or does the versi0n changer cover it? i dont wanna go spend all that cash for the game and then find out I still dont have the right components..

iball
November 7th, 2005, 17:16
Actually I think GTA was programmed a little more "into the metal" of the firmware than most games are, and relies HEAVILY on things residing in the 2.0 firmware that are not present on 1.5. As well as encryption. And nope, it's not the codecs either.

vincesecuricor2005
November 7th, 2005, 19:29
er... well whatever this game ROCKS

echel0n
November 7th, 2005, 21:09
er... well whatever this game ROCKS

does that mean you bought it? did u like the gameplay? give us a review :) i still havent gone out to buy it yet, but im gonna go later

niceguy006
November 7th, 2005, 23:49
I had to upgrade to 2.00 because my version changer didn't work, but i feel its every bit worth it. In my opinion, this is the only game i will be using on my psp for quite a while, and even if i do get bored of it, i can still downgrade to play my roms again. I figure that by that time, someone will have come up with some way to play emu/hb on v2.00. At least im hoping :)

For those of you who want a review, here is my opinion of the game. It absolutely rocks. If you like battlefront 1 or 2 for the ps2, you will love this. Its every bit as good as ps2 version in my opinion. The controls are a little hard to get used to at first (sony should have made two analogs!!), but its awesome once you do. the space battling is phenominal, its hard to believe this game is a handheld. The jedi battling is awesome. I loved every aspect of this game. My only wish is that they had made infrastructure

vincesecuricor2005
November 7th, 2005, 23:55
er.... yeah wat he said but my version tricker works with it thank fk

oh yeah and also buy this cos committing genocide on ewoks is sooooooo fun (the furry little bastards)

echel0n
November 8th, 2005, 16:53
I had to upgrade to 2.00 because my version changer didn't work, but i feel its every bit worth it. In my opinion, this is the only game i will be using on my psp for quite a while, and even if i do get bored of it, i can still downgrade to play my roms again. I figure that by that time, someone will have come up with some way to play emu/hb on v2.00. At least im hoping :)

hhm i didnt go buy it yesterday cuz now im nervous, seems it works for some people and doesnt for others with the versi0n changer..i dont wanna go buy it and find i cant use it, ill be pissed off if i buy a $50 game i cant use..what to do, what to do... :confused:

vincesecuricor2005
November 8th, 2005, 17:42
i feel yhat its the us one that works as thats wat i have fella others may have uk

echel0n
November 8th, 2005, 17:56
i feel yhat its the us one that works as thats wat i have fella others may have uk

oh well, hell with it, ill prob just buy it, i suppose i will at least try it out coz at least it works for some people, i just have to find out the correct method. if $0ny wasnt so tight about it we'd never be in this pickle :(

if worse comes to worse and it doesnt work ill either keep it until 2.xx can be used for hb and ems or hock the game on ebay and lose $10. i cant afford a new psp, and im not about to lose all my hb over one starwars game, no matter how good it looks. eventually ill be forced to upgrade, but not now when theres only one or 2 cool games to get

vincesecuricor2005
November 8th, 2005, 17:59
i dont know if im allowed to say this but if u purchase it and it doesnt work could u not maybe use a backup IF U BUY IT

echel0n
November 8th, 2005, 19:05
well im gettign more and more excited to play this game, so when i get it ill let you all know if it works for me.

vincesecuricor2005
November 8th, 2005, 22:29
ive completed the first two galaxy conquests and just cant stop playin it, it ROCKS