PDA

View Full Version : what is PSPZ ?

jube808
August 9th, 2008, 17:32
hi all in this new site hosting the work on PSPZ.

PSPZ is a combined hardware and software project with the aim of adding to the psp platform features that i believe should have been there from psp's launch.

Features such as

1) full touch screen support,

2) increased battery life

3)re-designed control pad

and originally PSPZ had the aim of adding a fully integrated GSM phone but that part of the project has been dropped mainly due to the unpopularity of the idea!

Being a professional electronic engineer i found that realizing these ambitions was not really that hard and a bit of hard work later, the touch screen part is almost complete!!

As some of you might know the touch screen part of the project

wraggster
August 9th, 2008, 19:09
welcome to DCEmu :), cant wait to see screens and hear more about the project, makes you wonder if this will ever force Sony into making a touchscreen PSP ?

Darksaviour69
August 9th, 2008, 19:18
welcome to dcemu ;)

Safari Al
August 9th, 2008, 20:10
Glad to see you finally came over here. I believe this has a lot of potential :)

yakumo
August 9th, 2008, 21:58
If you really get a nice touchscreen device for psp, I'll look forward to buying it.

PSmonkey
August 10th, 2008, 01:56
Any chance for USB rumble device? I kind of would love to see that more.

It might be posible to hack something cheap together based on the PSP usb mic setup (maybe latch onto what controlls the mic volume in the usb libs as a way of controlling intencity).

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bh-49-en-15-psp+mic-70-2fsv.html
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bh-77-1-49-en-15-psp+mic-70-2fsw.html

wolfpack
August 10th, 2008, 02:11
hmm...pspz...

maybe better aiming in FPS games 00_00
i hate aiming with buttons

yakumo
August 10th, 2008, 11:44
hmm...pspz...

maybe better aiming in FPS games 00_00
i hate aiming with buttons

I cannot live without a keyboard and a mouse when it comes to play FPS.

NeoTechni
August 11th, 2008, 02:54
hi all in this new site hosting the work on PSPZ.

PSPZ is a combined hardware and software project with the aim of adding to the psp platform features that i believe should have been there from psp's launch.

Features such as

1) full touch screen support,

I disagree completely, and after using the games on an iPod touch, UMPC, Tapwave Zodiac Palm pilot, and the DS, I am VERY thankful the PSP does not have this feature.

jube808
August 11th, 2008, 14:36
what may be surprising to some people is that am not much of a game player! PSPZ is not aimed at the games market, its a seacret shot at the PDA market!! With a fully developed ( the vid shows just a proof of concept) OSK it makes all the apps available for the psp acually usable, ie web surfing,im,text editing, even surfing wifi networks. Its true that just an add-on keyboard which is much simpler to achieve can do the same, but this seems to me a much more sexy alternative!! Thus with one app you get a device that can do most of what a pda can do ( except those with gsm phones of corse ) AND play the whole back catalog of psp games, which no pda can !

animekid4
January 10th, 2009, 22:27
sexy alternative......hmm interesting

djius
April 7th, 2009, 20:17
Personally I'm really interested in your project psp-z

And I found its implementation very nice in fact to talk or surf the internet, the touch would be a good idea, where are you in your project?