PDA

View Full Version : Starfall Version 0.4

wraggster
August 10th, 2008, 01:07
News/release from Crediar: (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall)

Starfall, formerly HackInstaller, is an application developed by Crediar to patch the system menu to include new features.

Installation
Just run the application with the Twilight hack or Homebrew channel, or any other prefered method. Follow the on-screen instructions from there.

Information
These hacks only work with the systemmenu 3.2E(v290) or 3.2U(v289) If you have any other version it will just return to the loader.

This tool does not update any SHA1 hashes or signatures. Currently IOS isn't checking those, but that could be fixed in a future update.

Just load it and carefully read the on screen stuff otherwise you won't be able to install it.

All hacks are optional and can be installed or removed separately.

The rescue-menu is a built-in menu by nintendo, it doesn't make your wii unbrickable. If you install another systemmenu all hacks will be removed.

Your systemmenu will only be patched, it won't be deleted. This makes the patch progress very brick safe.

New features
Full 3.2U support

Features
No healhwarning screen
Region free GC games with video mode patch
Region free Wii games
Region free channels
No mainmenu BGM
Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check
Coming Soon
Update blocker
Copy 'nocopy' savefiles
more to come

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bumfacekilla
August 10th, 2008, 01:32
Ok, I tried loading this thru HBC by renaming the dol file to boot.dol. The file runs and asks you to press B+2 which I tried but nothing happenned. Pressing the home button gets me back to HBC so I know it's detecting my Wii Remote and I have the required 3.2E system menu.

Have tried a few times but, nothing. Any Ideas? Anyone else had this problem?

Sektor
August 10th, 2008, 02:20
Read the disclaimer it tells you to push B+1 if you agree that you are aware of the risks. You have to push B and 1 at exactly the same time.

theotherfreakyguy
August 10th, 2008, 05:13
Can this be uninstalled? also, can you choose what options you want to be patched? ie. I like the Main menu bg music but I don't want the health/safety screen?

Edit: sorry should have read the disclaimer. but still, uninstall support?

LordSturm
August 10th, 2008, 07:18
If you REALLY need to uninstall it later, and there's some reason you can't simply update to a newer Nintendo version (maybe they detect it and brick later?)

You will need to downgrade to an earlier version, and upgrade to a safe version.

But right NOW, you could update to 3.3U/E to uninstall the mod, however you will need to downgrade to 3.2U/E to mod it again.

Shuichi
August 10th, 2008, 16:51
When they implement the ability to use a Gamecube Controller at the menu start up instead of the Wiimote which gets annoying switching out to move the cursor i'll download it and use it the second it's out.

bumfacekilla
August 10th, 2008, 21:15
Read the disclaimer it tells you to push B+1 if you agree that you are aware of the risks. You have to push B and 1 at exactly the same time.

I was confused by the wording, just me being dense I guess! Anyway, installed and working. I was really only intrested in the region free GC support as I have a PAL Wii and a dozen or so NTSC Cube games.

I love this!

Shuichi
August 10th, 2008, 21:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXnzHUvQK-k