PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.72 News!!!! - Amiga Emulator for PSP

FOL
August 10th, 2008, 01:27
Hi, just thought I would post on the up and coming release of PSPUAE.

Changes for 0.72 are as follows.

FOL's Changes / Fixes.
--------------------------
Changes :-
Dumped all sound bar stereo, no point in other sound modes.
Corrected Makefile error, which lost us some speed.
Add CYCLE_UNIT as option, setting is either 512 (Normal) or 256 (Turbo).
Add Chipset CYCLE_UNIT as a hidden auto switch option, that switches with CPU CYCLE_UNIT option.
Fixed screen going off center when switching off auto zoom and when selecting 4:3.
Add lock for new CPU option, stops accidently pressing option and invoking a hard reset.
Add config option checking to check cycle_unit, screen position, cpu lock and sound delay for old config files.
Add SOUND_DELAY option, this allows us to switch between 1 and 9 ms. (9 ms does speed things up, but causes sound to breakup a little).
Add Hard Reset to Main Menu.
Add Hard Reset to all Quick Configs (stops fetch crash/loop if Cycles set to turbo).
Altered Cycle Turbo, CPU Chipset timing to a higher value (only when using Turbo Cycles).
Dumped Sound Optimise as it did very little and caused crash.

Chilly's Changes / Fixes.
----------------------------

Changes :-
Fix Audio Event time.
Fix Audio delay (FOL, later made this fix an option, so a few more FPS could be gained at the expence of the audio quality).
Fix Home Button Exit crash, if you were in PSPUAE menu.
When cycle unit is changed, pspuae will hard reset instantly.
If KickStart 1.3 is not found it will look for the next available kickstart, with the following name format, KICK205, KICK30 etc etc.

This release (when its ready) should bring it back up to the speed of 0.70, if not slightly faster and smoother when using "Turbo Cycles" and "Chipset" options.

Here's some vids of it running;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdLAoWC5XBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qltD0jsRR8g

toto
August 10th, 2008, 05:57
nice!!

brunobelo
August 10th, 2008, 23:05
Looks amazing! Will try with RodLand. :D Great work, man!

caffeinekid
August 11th, 2008, 13:02
Good stuff. I would love a PSP version of UAE that works as good as it does on the Xbox ;)

FOL
August 11th, 2008, 18:18
Good stuff. I would love a PSP version of UAE that works as good as it does on the Xbox ;)

lol, that would only happen if we strapped a fast porcessor on a psp, ;). Who knows what the future of Amiga Emulation holds on the PSP, ;).

Seriously though, you cant compare a CrapBOX to a PSP. As its basically a non upgradable PC, hence I call em CrapBOX.