PDA

View Full Version : Deputies give boy new PSP game system after his was stolen

wraggster
August 10th, 2008, 01:47
Juan Martinez thought he was going to the Adams County Sheriff's Office substation for a tour.

While he was there, the 8-year-old met a police dog and was pretty sure that was the highlight of his day.

Imagine how excited he was when a real-life sheriff walked into the room and told Juan he'd be going home with a new Sony PSP game system and 12 video games to play on it.

A huge grin spread across Juan's face.

Adams County sheriff's deputies pooled their money to buy the device after Juan's was stolen July 31.

Deputy Michael Robbins was matter-of-fact about why he spearheaded efforts to do something nice for a boy he'd never met before.

"He's just a little kid. I don't like bullies," Robbins said. "That's what it seemed like to me, one older kid picking on a little kid.

"We couldn't let the bad guys win."

Police said Juan was visiting a relative's apartment and playing his PSP in a first-floor hallway when Dominic Villanueba, 19, asked the boy to show him how the game worked.

That's when Villanueba took the game and wouldn't return it, police say.

Juan's mother called authorities, but when deputies arrived at Villanueba's apartment, he told them the game "was under my bed, but it's not there anymore."

Villanueba was arrested and accused of theft, but the game system was gone.

Juan said he had played the game every day and losing it made him sad. He has a heart defect and is on the waiting list for a transplant.

Robbins figured he could put a grin back on Juan's face by replacing the system. Other deputies whipped out their wallets to help.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/07/deputies-give-boy-game-console-after-his-stolen/

osgeld
August 10th, 2008, 03:48
well that was nice of them

Eviltaco64
August 10th, 2008, 04:45
Good job PO-Lice.
That was very generous of them.

pimpmaul69
August 10th, 2008, 06:40
Atleast they finally did something. i call the adams county police and they show up 2 hrs later and i live 6 blocks away from the police station

Buddy4point0
August 10th, 2008, 14:22
That's really nice.
This is the kind of stuff police should be doing instead of out busting underage drinking and smoking just to be assholes.

crazyhare
August 10th, 2008, 16:41
Good on em' - I can't STAND bullies...

Should have taken the scumbag culprit 'round the back of the police-station and given him a good drubbing too...

mike_jmg
August 10th, 2008, 17:19
stealing a psp from some little sick kid, that's plain wrong

so nice from the police men to replace it

maxipower90
August 11th, 2008, 02:03
nice folks there

ThePreserver
August 12th, 2008, 02:17
It's nice that the boy got a replacement system. :)

ChaoticanarchyX
August 16th, 2008, 02:17
those are the RARE storys that end up with cops doing something worth mentioning imo

ICE
August 16th, 2008, 05:48
Whenever I see a cop getting a drunk driver or speeder off the road or speeding down the road likely to an accident or robbery the first thing I think is why arent you stopping petty theft or returning stolen items? Its like all these cops ever think about is keeping us safe on the roads.. The nerve of them.

kevintrooper
August 16th, 2008, 23:41
Usa, Usa,usa!