PDA

View Full Version : i want to start to contribute...

scarface350
November 2nd, 2005, 23:11
I want to learn lua so i can contribute to myself and all of the homebrew scene. the only thing is i know nothing about coding. The only thing im good at is making .BAT files. ( mostly ripkits) so i want to start coding Im really interested and really really determined to learn and go through tough times and long nights. If anyone can point me in the right direction or get me started i would really really appreciate it. also if you can help me can u make it simple to understand instructions. I need to know and understand very carefully what the instructions and meanings are.

PSP_Newbie
November 2nd, 2005, 23:37
i dont code myself, but from what i hear the best way to get started in lua after reading a small guide is to actually look at what other people have done, look at their code, and figure out how to program on lua

scarface350
November 2nd, 2005, 23:42
i dont code myself, but from what i hear the best way to get started in lua after reading a small guide is to actually look at what other people have done, look at their code, and figure out how to program on lua Thats so hard though since i abosolutely know nothing about coding. i really need an easy and understandable guide. But Maybe you are right i probly should do some research on it and examine peoples work. after all i am determined.

PSP_Newbie
November 2nd, 2005, 23:49
im just suggesting one way to get started, im sure there are other ways, like maybe someone that has worked on lua specifically that can recommend?

scarface350
November 2nd, 2005, 23:55
i need any help i can. i really want to learn to code because sometimes theres is something that no one makes that you want to make and that just pushes me even more. Anyway thank you for your suggestion.

scarface350
November 3rd, 2005, 00:16
So far ive manage to change the helloworld color from green to red but thats just editing the code.

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2005, 00:30
I think its good to look at other peoples codes also. gives you an idea of what does what.

scarface350
November 3rd, 2005, 00:35
I think its good to look at other peoples codes also. gives you an idea of what does what. have you made any psp programs or know any knowledge of programming. i need all the info i can get.

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2005, 19:58
have you made any psp programs or know any knowledge of programming. i need all the info i can get.

I have made stupid stuff.. but trust me its very easy to learn and im sure you can find great tutorials on it.

shiftybill
November 30th, 2005, 09:47
take a look at my new site dedicated to Lua for Dummies

www.freewebs.com/shifthouse