PDA

View Full Version : New Wolfenstein game will not feature Hitler

wraggster
August 10th, 2008, 09:01
When we think back on our proudest achievements throughout our video gaming careers, a few notable moments come to mind -- for instance, the first time we caught 'em all. Or when we topped our friends' high scores on Pac-Man Championship Edition. The first time we beat the wretched wind tunnel level in Battletoads. Oh, and how could we forget -- that time we shuffled robo-Hitler off this mortal coil in Wolfenstein 3D. That guy was a jerk.

Unfortunately, the satisfaction one feels after putting the kibosh on a genocidist won't be present in Id Software and Raven's next installment in their Nazi-stomping franchise, Wolfenstein. In an interview with Eurogamer, Id lead artist Kevin Cloud confirmed that the Fuhrer will not be present in the upcoming title, claiming that the developer needs to "save something for future Wolfensteins." Who could possibly replace him as the game's nefarious evil boss, though? Eva Braun? Bowser, perhaps?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/09/new-wolfenstein-game-will-not-feature-hitler/

Eviltaco64
August 10th, 2008, 09:04
Maybe Bowser could be a good führer

bah
August 10th, 2008, 10:47
Or perhaps Mel Gibson?

royvedas
August 10th, 2008, 12:38
I want Hitler to be playable in multiplayer. Respect my authorityyyyy!

gutbub
August 10th, 2008, 16:07
Or perhaps Mel Gibson?

LOL. That's a great idea. If we can't get one anti-semantic, we'll get the next best (or maybe it's worse?) one.

TaN00Ki
August 10th, 2008, 17:25
Communists killed 10 millions so get searching.

goshogun1
August 10th, 2008, 20:20
Perhaps robo-Himmler or Dr. Goerbles? I mean, there were enough notorious Nazi figures that could be used. Eva would be a dumb choice. Not much villain material there...unless you count sleeping with the führer.

wolfpack
August 11th, 2008, 00:40
Now i definitely like the idea of knowing that more wolfenstein sequels are being made :)

JKKDARK
August 11th, 2008, 00:48
It's stupid, I don't understand how you don't want to put the most important person from that era.

MicroNut
August 11th, 2008, 02:34
It's stupid, I don't understand how you don't want to put the most important person from that era.
Maybe.
I think that its still too close to modern memory to forgive.
While it would seem ok to present that kind of figure tied to a whipping post, it would also indirectly give respect to the figure as well as create even more animosity.