PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in a Gaming TV show?

Darksaviour69
August 10th, 2008, 16:02
A friend of mine is currently putting together a new game related TV show. Naturally he's asked my advise on what I think should be in the show (because I'm so awesome) and i have given him thousands of revolutionary ideas, but even my genius has limits. So I would like to throw the question out to you, the DCEmu Public.

What would you like to see in a Gaming TV show?

stevo11185
August 10th, 2008, 16:35
The top 10 list for psp iso's and roms for ds. They would be great and would tell people how to get stuff for free. Everybody likes free stuff, so i say give it a chance :)

Steely
August 10th, 2008, 16:36
... How about... Games?

I don't really know, generally I like the shows where you see a lot of the gameplay(when it's a game I like, anyway), and less talking/whatever.

middle man
August 10th, 2008, 16:40
bring back GamesMaster WITH dominic diamond.

wraggster
August 10th, 2008, 16:41
i used to like games master and that format worked well, why they got rid was stupid, like anyone you want reviews, cheats, previews, but also the latest news and even underground activities ie homebrew but obviously nothing that will harm homebrew.

middle man
August 10th, 2008, 16:53
to be honest cheats reviews and news is found easily online now and the callenges on gamesmaster could get a bit tedious. thinking about it what i want is
-reports from gaming events around the world.
-interviews with the people who make the games.
-in depth looks at the technical side of games and hardware.
-a mature approach to it - not a kids show.
-but defiantly still dominic diamond.

Darksaviour69
August 10th, 2008, 16:58
bring back GamesMaster WITH dominic diamond.

Its funny that you mentioned dominic diamond.....

anyway, I think a Top Gear format but only with gaming, is the main angle of the show. News and cheats can't match online site, but a entertaining show for all (like top gear), would be good. Hell i know F all about cars but i still watch top gear

mike_jmg
August 10th, 2008, 17:08
I say:

- News
- Trailers
- Lots of Gameplay footage of new games
- Maybe some part of the show where you invite the top online players (or local players) of any given game for a match during the show. And the winner being challenged or something

Sonny_Jim
August 10th, 2008, 18:11
Don't bother showing people playing games.

Any girlfriend in the world can tell you it's dull as ditchwater watching someone else playing a video game.

But yeah, rip off the Top Gear format. 3 blokes, one exclusively there to have the piss taken out of them. The trick is not to do the same as every other video game show which seems to be:

Intro, shit review, upcoming feature (1 giant advert), another shit review, cheats and maybe a challenge.

Mc_Logical
August 10th, 2008, 18:28
A friend of mine is currently putting together a new game related TV show. Naturally he's asked my advise on what I think should be in the show (because I'm so awesome) and i have given him thousands of revolutionary ideas, but even my genius has limits. So I would like to throw the question out to you, the DCEmu Public.

What would you like to see in a Gaming TV show?

EDIT: Alcohol and browsing makes me an idiot lol if anything id say do a variety of things into a tv game show, relating to diff people, that way u can be sarcastic to what u like and what u don`t like, but still referring to them lol

oooooomonkeys
August 10th, 2008, 18:32
id like to see retro games like a flash back to a year in gaming maybe. also new stuff coming out thats going un'noticed hidden gems etc that not many people know about.
but most of all !!!!!Dominic Diamond!!!!!
its not really much of a games show without him,
but seriously i'd like to see toys and films that are related to games too

John Vattic
August 10th, 2008, 18:42
S T A R C A D E bi**hes!!!!!!

or is that too old school for you kiddies?

sometimes forget how old i am ;)

gutbub
August 10th, 2008, 19:22
Well, I can't really think of anything I'd like to see in a game show, because you can't please everybody all the time. But one thing I would certainly have if it were my show is, viewer interaction. I think that one way to please people is to answer their questions, or listen to their opinions. If I knew something I said was gonna be on t.v. than I would at least watch that episode.

goshogun1
August 10th, 2008, 20:28
Have a few minutes to focus on the greats of gamings. Classics like Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star series, Fire Emblem, Blaster Master, Guardian Legend...etc. The new generation of gamers should be enlightened by these games too.
Also, perhaps do a feature on translation patches. Every time one comes out, its like a new game is released. It's fun playing "forbidden" games. :D

that1guywiththeface
August 10th, 2008, 20:48
Dedicated homebrew discussion. Unbiased preview selections.

dejkirkby
August 10th, 2008, 22:01
I'd like to see a no-nonsense reviews of games by a real person, not by a bunch of text.

pibs
August 10th, 2008, 22:43
You need a great host, without one the show is worthless.

Maybe talk about game-related topics like mods, appropriate hacks? and maybe have a retro segment with that AVGN who seems to be pretty popular. oh and some non biased reviews would be great!

Also I would like a show that is not dull and predictable.

basilb
August 11th, 2008, 00:36
I think I would like me to be in it. It would be the only way the games industry got the 50 litres of scorn it deserves.

silverstein101
August 11th, 2008, 02:09
what about interviews, but with the not so huge people.

interview groups like realtechvr, people like us that make amazing games