PDA

View Full Version : David Reeves on PSP PAL and Bittorrent

wraggster
August 11th, 2008, 16:32
Sometimes company bosses astound me, heres a killer article from Buttonmasher:

It must be a little tough sometimes being in charge of a PAL region, getting berated by random people (me) about the delays experienced in one of the smallest markets in the world (NZ). David Reeves fortunately was brutally honest when we talked at E3 and some points rung true, others……..

My question after talking about the video download service not coming to Pal regions (yet) was - what about the games in general? (Talking about delays) We have to wait 4-5 months for some games because of the localisation for the Europe region.

I think honestly you will continue to do that because I don’t think that the localization is controlled enough in the USA to be able to put it into New Zealand……….

Here’s where it gets good.

We are a PAL market and we are going to do it in PAL and we are going to do it properly, you can wait for it and you can have it in good quality, you know you can get the stuff from Bittorrent if you want to and download PSP games, it’s up to you.

Now I highly doubt David Reeves was advocating piracy but I think he did point out what a lot of people are doing to circumvent the delays that the PAL region experiences, importing becomes more and more popular as does piracy. Of the two options I know which I prefer and as prices remain high with continuing delays importing will only prove more and more tempting.

http://buttonmasher.co.nz/2008/07/29/david-reeves-on-pal-and-bittorrent/