PDA

View Full Version : The PSP TV Wars Begin - Which is Best

wraggster
November 4th, 2005, 01:53
The PSP is an amazing console, Games, Photos, MP3s and Videos and then with the homebrew scene you have Emulators, Applications and Homebrew Games, so its no wonder that people want to play thier PSP on a TV, now the 2 devices that want our cash are the

TV Adapter Kit (PSP2TV)
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp2tv.jpg
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=7965&lsaid=219793

and also the

TV Adapter Kit (No Modification)
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psptv-qm.jpg
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=7875&lsaid=219793

So Which is best on all counts, let the debate begin :)

V3X
November 4th, 2005, 02:21
i think that the TV Adapter Kit (PSP2TV) is better.
mainly because u can use a ps2 controller with it!! :cool: and also, modification doesnt look that hard.

and with the TV Adapter Kit (No Modification) it doesnt look like it leaves much thumb room to play.

iball
November 4th, 2005, 02:38
PSP2TV, hands down.

jOeBrO
November 4th, 2005, 02:42
psp2tv without a doubt

F9zDark
November 4th, 2005, 04:43
PSP2TV. Hands down. For only 20 dollars more you get the clearest picture possible, S-video capability, and the use of a PS2 controller.

Anyone complaining about the price can take a hike, because the competition aint much cheaper. 100 bucks for a shitty camera recorded PSP screen? No thanks! Thats a travesty for that price.

V3X
November 4th, 2005, 04:56
PSP2TV. Hands down. For only 20 dollars more you get the clearest picture possible, S-video capability, and the use of a PS2 controller.

Anyone complaining about the price can take a hike, because the competition aint much cheaper. 100 bucks for a shitty camera recorded PSP screen? No thanks! Thats a travesty for that price.

exactly!!

u could easily make ur own one like that. all u need is a small cam with tv output!!

bill00000
November 4th, 2005, 05:24
The camera one is kind of iffy (I really don't need dust and small scratches projected on my TV, and the other is way too invasive. I'm not voiding my warranty for anything other than a mod chip.

michael jackson
November 4th, 2005, 05:26
exactly!!

u could easily make ur own one like that. all u need is a small cam with tv output!!

yeah my local wal-mart was selling a tiny tiny wireless cam with tv support cheap recently ... a friend bought it to secure it inside his gas powered rc car so he could record jumps flips etc

it was 40 i believe... and wireless so you could play psp on tv like a ps2 because youd have much more mobility

so i agree psp2tv : 2 thumbs up

other : one thumb........ up the makers ass while he waits for his overpriced garbage to sell =p

slayer2psp
November 4th, 2005, 05:59
there both too much at 119.99 but who in there right mind would buy that domed thing bring the price down to say 89.99 with shipping. i wouldnt mind seeing gta on my tv

DraconumPB
November 4th, 2005, 06:15
I am considering asking for PSP2TV for christmas and if that fails, i think i'm gonna buy it.

Consider this - they are working on psp ddr right? WELLL.... if you can hook it up to your TV, AND you can use a PS2 controller (and thus a PS2 ddr mat!) you will be able to play arcarde-style DDR with CUSTOM MUSIC on your television via the psp! How sweet is that?!?! That's worth buying the PSP2TV device, another dance mat (lost all my old ones..), and a big ass mem stick to hold all the mp3's and .dwi/.sm files. =D

Oh and the whole UMD movies being worth it thing, too.

rokobungi
November 4th, 2005, 06:17
they're both too big ... especally if you're going to carry a ps2 joypad with you too. may as well just use a slim ps2 as you've got to mess with cables anyways and you have more games you can get a working laptop off ebay for 150 or so that will do emulators MUCH better,have tv out,and 6 -10 gigs of space and there are usb ps2 style joypads so you CAN play without the keyboard

until they make a wireless tv transmitter that fits inside the psp I'm not buying anything like this as you's need a pack to carry everything anyways.

chronoswing
November 4th, 2005, 06:21
.... Or you could get a $20 ps2 to pc adapter and play dance with intisity (http://dwi.ddruk.com/) which is a ddr clone for pc with custom music. And if you want it on your tv you can go grab another $20 tv card with tv out. So thats a whopping $40 still $100 cheaper than this.

pkmusicmaker
November 4th, 2005, 07:38
First off, if you want to play psp on your tv, get a ps2. The point of the psp is that it's portable. The only thing I hope for is a way for ps3 to read UMD or have some hookup with the psp to make things interesting. As for all these devices and that big camera, I have no desire for any of them. PSP2TV is the better choice however because it goes to the source of the video and not the surface.

F9zDark
November 4th, 2005, 08:12
they're both too big ... especally if you're going to carry a ps2 joypad with you too. may as well just use a slim ps2 as you've got to mess with cables anyways and you have more games you can get a working laptop off ebay for 150 or so that will do emulators MUCH better,have tv out,and 6 -10 gigs of space and there are usb ps2 style joypads so you CAN play without the keyboard

until they make a wireless tv transmitter that fits inside the psp I'm not buying anything like this as you's need a pack to carry everything anyways.

First off, the PSP2TV has a plug, that you can easily disconnect and take the PSP on the road(thus leaving the docking station plugged into your TV ready for when you come back). So its not such a huge hassle. And does PS2 have multiplayer GTA? Hell no it doesn't.

Sure PSP2TV will void the warranty. But as I said before, if you carefully install and then later uninstall, how the hell will Sony no difference? Most electronics just have a lable, that says, "If Removed Warranty is Voided". Wow... A careful peel away and that method of prevention is down for the 10 count.

The only way Sony will know is if you forget to remove the parts prior to brining it into be serviced.

vincesecuricor2005
November 4th, 2005, 09:49
have u ever actually tried peeling one of them damn things off trust me it jus dont happen

not here anymore
November 4th, 2005, 17:54
apples and oranges. PSP2TV is lightyears ahaid that pos "TV Adapter Kit".
Later,

TSR

iball
November 4th, 2005, 19:01
GTA doesn't have infrastructure wireless gameplay, so you would have to use something like zlink Kai to play GTA online from your TV.

orochi-x
November 4th, 2005, 19:56
PSP2TV!

I'm buying one and it wont ever go near my T.V! But I think I've already mentioned that.

And why are people moaning that It'll be heavy and bulky to carry? It won't leave your house! you dont need it outside! - unless you carry your T.V. around with you - in which case , I see your point :D

And another feature it has over the cone thingy is that it doubles as a charging station.

pepsolman
November 4th, 2005, 20:15
Its rather silly having all these gamers worry about playing their PSP on TV. I think its cool if you want to record some footage to show off to someone or whatever... but as for portable purposes... there are none.

This is a portable gaming machine... meant to be played in your hands on the road or in the bathroom on the toilet. Its just impratical to put it on your tv... its not a home console. PS3 should be a good enough console to satisfy you all.

Yes PSP2TV is obviously better because it uses the source and doesn't use any tricks. Its weakness is its installation... I know what its like to open up the PSP... its not that easy. Its something you have to so when you got alot of time on your hands.

F9zDark
November 5th, 2005, 00:39
I see your point. The PSP is certainly better suited for portablity. But watching UMDs on the small PSP screen (and thus not really being able to share it) is rather sucky.

Sure, there are DVDs out there. But for anyone trying to make a UMD movie library to have their pals watch on the weekends during hours of GTA:LCS games via ad hoc its a great investment.

I am avid gamer and build and repair computers regularly. So I know the ins and outs of electronics fairly well. And while it may seem like an unsound investment to buy PSP2TV, it really isn't. If you have a TV in your car then why not plug it into there?

Having it installed and ready to go opens alot more doors. Not only that, but for developers wanting to show off their work to fans at a public gathering... Looks a lot more professional having a docking station that directly captures the image from the 'video card' rather than have this huge face hugger stealing it via mirrors and lenses.

iball
November 5th, 2005, 04:51
If you have to ask why, then this product wasn't meant for you.

Boopop
November 5th, 2005, 09:34
Think about it. The PSP has a higher resolution than an average TV, or at least this is what I was lead to believe. Now think about this. All the games you bought your PS2 for have been released and the sequels to will most likely be on PS3. Considering the PSP's graphics are close to ps2, and developers are excited by the idea of what is almost a portable ps2, they have started creating good games for it, such as wipeout, metal gear acid, GT4 Mobile.

While these games were obviously created for a person on the go, if you want to play these games on TV, I say, why not? You aren't going to get a new Grand theft auto game, or a new Metal Gear game, on TV for a year or so, right?

Also, then there are the multimedia possibility. Remember I said the PSP has a better resolution as a normal TV? This makes me assume, if you played a UMD Movie on a tv, it'll look as good as a DVD. Surely this is a good reason to finally build up your UMD Movie collection, after all,what are you more likely to be carrying when someone wants to watch a movie or wants play a game and don't have a games console them selves(or a dvd player)? Your PS2? Or your PSP?

Granted, either of the two Psp to TV optoons are chunky and not massively portable,personally, I like the one without the mirrors, a lot less gimicky.While if i got one of these things, it wouldn't follow my psp everywhere, I think it'd still be a fairly good investment.