PDA

View Full Version : Starfall v0.5

wraggster
August 12th, 2008, 18:25
Crediar (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall) has released a new version of his Menu hack for the Wii that enables Region Free Wii and Gamecube although used wrongly can brick your Wii:

Starfall, formerly HackInstaller, is an application developed by Crediar to patch the system menu to include new features.

Installation
Just run the application with the Twilight hack or Homebrew channel, or any other prefered method. Follow the on-screen instructions from there.

Information
These hacks only work with the System Menu 3.2E(v290) or 3.2U(v289). If you have any other version, it will just return to the loader.

This tool does not update any SHA1 hashes or signatures. Currently IOS isn't checking those, but that could be fixed in a future update.

Just load it and carefully read the on screen stuff otherwise you won't be able to install it.

All hacks are optional and can be installed or removed separately.

The Rescue Menu is a built-in menu by Nintendo, it doesn't make your Wii unbrickable. If you install another System Menu, all hacks will be removed.

Your System Menu will only be patched, it won't be deleted. This makes the patch progress very brick safe.

New features
Replace healthwarning with backmenu
Skip disc update check
Features
Region free GC games with video mode patch
Region free Wii games
Region free channels
No mainmenu BGM
Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check
Coming Soon
Wii region free with video patch
Copy 'nocopy' savefiles
more to come

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 12th, 2008, 19:24
Sweet would love to see 3.3e & u support..Any reason why it hasn't been implemented yet ??

iofthestorm
August 12th, 2008, 20:35
I prefer team twiizers' menuloader approach much more than this, since it seems like this kind of thing could cause bricks fairly easily. But I like the fact that this kind of stuff is being tested so that in the future I might be able to take advantage of this when it's more well-tested and failure proof.

ciper
September 24th, 2008, 23:18
Still waiting for 3.3x support. According to the Wiibrew "talk page" the author stated -

3.3x support isn't planned Crediar 03:01, 10 August 2008 (CEST)

Why? --SwooshyCueb 02:47, 12 August 2008 (CEST)

too much effort to maintain patches for 4 versions Crediar 01:12, 13 August 2008 (UTC)

I wonder why he chose to stick with 3.2 rather than 3.3?

refan
December 15th, 2008, 17:00
what folder do you put the starfall in

wisinx
December 15th, 2008, 17:28
in app/starfall/boot.dol if u have homebrew channel. Or in the root of sd (the boot.elf) if u use Twiligth Hack only.

karaokegod2000
January 9th, 2009, 00:13
Hello I insatlled starfall anbd am trying to use it but when I open it I am supposed to hit b+1 multiple times to go to the next menu but when I do so it just exits back to the main homebrew screen anyone that can help me with this problem would be great

judremy
January 9th, 2009, 15:49
B+2, B+1 exits. Just keep pressing B+2 and you'll get in.