PDA

View Full Version : PlayTV out September, £69.99

Shrygue
August 12th, 2008, 21:56
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195080)

PlayTV, a peripheral and software package that will allow PS3 to receive and record digital TV broadcasts, will launch in UK in September, confirms Sony.

Granted, that's hardly pocket change, but it is 30 quid less than the £100 price tag that had been predicted.

PlayTV uses the PS3's hard drive to store TV broadcasts, allowing you to record entire programs for playback later, or even pause live TV while you nip off to cook some toast. Although, if you've only got a 40GB PS3 you may need to think about expanding that baby.

An exact day of release is yet to be confirmed.

mcdougall57
August 13th, 2008, 00:04
A 160 gig storage digibox is roughly the same price and the better choice.

El Stefio
August 13th, 2008, 01:41
is the better choice because...?

NeroMaverick
August 13th, 2008, 02:58
but... you don't cook toast :(.... Too bad if it came to USA it would suck, It's more cost effective to build yourself a mythtv box from old parts anyways, and it does WAY more stuff than your ps3 could. Building one with new parts is still pretty cheap....

... watching my recorded tv shows over the net... mmmm.....

mcdougall57
August 13th, 2008, 10:52
is the better choice because...?

Because the ps3 comes with 40 gig?

Actually now that I think about it, wouldnt a digital receiver for a pc be better? Media centre is great at that sort of thing.

Mc_Logical
August 13th, 2008, 12:37
I think its wicked! it will give me a reason to actually watch tv lol because im allways on ps3/linux but could record tv shows w/e while on games/navigating ps3, I have a 60gig and plan to upgrade it soon anyway, come on don`t cuss this u know its cool lol