PDA

View Full Version : Shocker: iPhone 3G Faster, Stronger, Better in Ad Than In Real Life

Shrygue
August 12th, 2008, 22:20
via Gizmodo US (http://gizmodo.com/5036170/shocker-iphone-3g-faster-stronger-better-in-ad-than-in-real-life)

Hey, did you know that advertising misleads you? Like, products might not perform as exceptionally, look as hot or taste as yummy as they do in slickly produced ads? The iPhone 3G not cruising the internets as briskly as Apple's ads depict might be a big bucket of "duh," but this comparison video shows just how stark the contrast is—while Apple never promises your real world experience will be the same, it is sorta misleading. Like, it would trick my mom, and that's not cool.

oaN1Nz1Dyls

Eviltaco64
August 12th, 2008, 22:26
Pretty much anything thats portable and internet capable sucks :p

mcdougall57
August 12th, 2008, 22:37
Pretty much anything thats portable and internet capable sucks :p

guessing your not a fan of the DS or PSP

Durandle
August 12th, 2008, 23:10
Best guess is the ad is using WiFi and not 3G. Although also worth noting that 3G in Europe where it is more developed is generally a lot faster than in the US, where it has until recently been unpopular.

ploom2
August 13th, 2008, 00:48
its not just apple who bend the truth..i havent seen any "review" that mentions how often the iphone actually bombs out...safari bombs out about twice every five minutes i use it.