PDA

View Full Version : Shippy1984 DreamOn Update Release

MetaFox
November 5th, 2005, 20:39
Quzar's port of Shippy1984 (http://www.screamcast.net/html/game_shippy1984.htm), an old-fashioned static shooter based on the arcade classic Galaxian, and intended as an entry into the second annual Dream On contest, has been updated with vastly improved controls and a few other fixes and additions. The binaries download now includes both scrambled (burnable) and unscrambled (raw) files. A CDI (DiskJuggler) image is also now available, as the Screamcast team considers it good (and stable) enough to warrant a burn. Either version is burnable with Screamcast's recommended program, BootDreams.

Also, Screamcast would appreciate rumble pack testing with any third party brands you may have; as many as possible. So far it works with Performance brand, but not with Sega Jump Packs. Quzar would also appreciate any hints on how to make rumble support more stable.

DCDayDreamer
November 5th, 2005, 21:50
Great!, the last version was good (beta?), I'll be looking forward to giving this release a good run tomorrow when I do some play testing on recent releases for the DC.

I don't have any third party rumble packs but I'll be using an official SEGA pack for the added fun of it (it is supported?), thanks for the update quzar, this is a really good retro-style game.

quzar
November 5th, 2005, 22:46
The only differences for this is the controls and rumble if you already burned the first one, don't bother with this =P.

DCDayDreamer
November 6th, 2005, 00:19
The only differences for this is the controls and rumble if you already burned the first one, don't bother with this =P.

Don't forget the app DCHakker!, adding the new release to a multi-session CDR won't cost you any more (only a little time), that way you can test both versions if you use different names for the binaries (or overwrite the binary if you use the same filename). I'm still looking forward to giving this a whirl, even if the changes are minimal, it's really a good little game if you're into the Galaxian retro style, thanks again quzar.

Eric
November 6th, 2005, 13:49
The game is awesome i got up to level 17 and i think i'm going to try again as we speak. I like the Save Highscore feature,Controls are a little tight still but are playable,Sound was okay i found some of the sfx was taken from Mega Man X and the music i dont know. Graphics well they are good what do you expect for a game thats supposed to act like an old arcade game.

Its overall great and i recommend to old gamers. There is one thing i do have to ask if there is away to get the game fullscreen cause all i have has is 320x240 screen believe i aint to good with resolutions. If that cant be change or if there is no need to its still a bloody great game.

Eric

quzar
November 6th, 2005, 23:26
Yea, it's not supposed to be fullscreen. If I did make it fullscreen it would mess with the aspect ratio. I could make it closer, but things wouldn't look very good.

I've gotten up to level 28. From reading the code I think you could go up to lvl 50 or so before things start getting messy =P.