PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo stubs Wii hard drive rumours

Shrygue
August 13th, 2008, 19:46
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195193)

It will come as little surprise that the so-called "first pics" of the Wii Hard Drive that surfaced this morning are totally fake. All you had to do was look at it.

It was obvious, not least because tacky-looking the device supposedly revealed by Nintendo of Japan looks more like a cheap air-con unit.

But in case you had any doubt, Nintendo has confirmed to CVG: "We have not announced or revealed any hard drive", deeming any hard drive related report to be pure "rumour and speculation".

And if that device is a hard drive that can be used with Wii, that's nothing new as the Wii can already use external hard drives to store files in much the same way it uses SD Cards. But files need to be copied back onto the Wii's internal memory before use.

For now, you'll have to make do with the internal 512MB storage. Tough, we know. See the device from the now-removed NeoCrisis report below.

Fake hard disk unit here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=202779)

Piny89
August 13th, 2008, 21:47
lol it was obviously fake...

JKKDARK
August 13th, 2008, 22:06
Yes, it's fake of course. Nintendo always is denying rumors about a supposed hard-drive.

NeroMaverick
August 14th, 2008, 02:22
It looks like something from the Jetsons... so many buttons! I could not possibly see a reason why so many buttons would be needed for a hard drive.

Lets see...
1.Format
2.Backup from system
3.Backup to system
4.Format Wii?
6.Fun button
7.Make Sandwich button

That would be awesome!... except the format buttons... those would suck... considering they're so close to the backup buttons... maybe the lights are confirmation? Just in case you press them by accident...

Either way, I'd probably only use the make sandwich button, because the fun button is probably overrated, but a sandwich... is a sandwich...

Too bad its a rumor... That would be awesome!

XXXW0
August 14th, 2008, 05:05
No their should be a button labeled MAKE A SAMMACH exactly like that
Now THAT would be awesome

____anders____
August 14th, 2008, 23:51
how about transform to NES? THAT would be cool;)

i just killed the jokes didn't i?

xD