PDA

View Full Version : Dev unit hardware build progress

jube808
August 14th, 2008, 08:09
To all onboard developers

Hi...

dev units still few days away, first delivery of touch screens are too big !!, had to send em back and waiting for replacements, given this delay dev units MAY have the V2 IR port to play with.

yakumo
August 14th, 2008, 11:05
I'm lost. Could you extend your explanation?

fpcreator2000
August 14th, 2008, 14:28
Dev units for what? A little more explanation would be helpful.

nightsahdow135
August 14th, 2008, 15:15
he's talking about his touchsreen project. he's giving out these units to all the devs out there that may make a homebrew app for it ( i think)

jube808
August 14th, 2008, 18:27
yep dev unit = development unit, there are a number of development units going out free to supporting developers way before the customer units ship, this is the thread on the progress of that.

fpcreator2000
August 14th, 2008, 18:32
I know what dev unit stands for, but you assumed readers knew what you were talking about.

Never the less, power to you and your project. May good things come out this endeavour. By the way, do you have a website with more information on this project?

Psyberjock
August 14th, 2008, 19:53
I think everyone that reads this site often understands dev unit. MY question is how the hell are the screens too big?? WTF does that mean?

Veskgar
August 14th, 2008, 19:59
Really? Homebrew touchscreen dev-units? And free to developers? Quite an impressive effort to breath new and innovative life into the PSP homebrew scene.

I wish you all the luck and encouragement with this project.

tcraiford
August 14th, 2008, 21:41
I was wondering if the screens get built into the psp or if they are just attachments? Also, I was wondering if this will work with the psp 1000?

**PS
this is a great idea!!! :D

jube808
August 14th, 2008, 22:45
the screens i ordered turned out to be 1.6 mm too wide hence did not fit between the pads correctly, getting exactly the right part is murder !!!!!!!!!

yep.. i made concious descision to make the dev units available free, paying for them from own pocket ! I felt it was in the spirit of the project in general. There will be 8 of them going to app/game developers, 2 reserved for any heavy-weight coders that might want to get involved ( ie Tyranaid DA etc , and me if theres 1 left !! )

that1guywiththeface
August 16th, 2008, 17:12
Is Exophase on that list? I want to see if he can make a DS emulator from the ground up like with gpsp. Also, what do the devs plan to work on, besides the OSK? Any shooters? I really want to see Half-Life get ported.

Also, how much are the touch screens, where do you order them, and how hard are they to apply?

jube808
August 16th, 2008, 20:08
I cant comment on individual packages that are being ported, except to say they are VERY exiting, coded by some of the best devlopers on the homebrew scene, and will address gamers and app users alike

jube808
August 16th, 2008, 20:10
You order them from me, taking pre-orders in approx 2.5 months.

Price $60-90 (or eqivelent ) , they clip on/off

that1guywiththeface
August 17th, 2008, 00:08
Do they attach through the USB port? And how much more battery is used with the screen attached? Have any of the un-named developers expressed any interest in creating games yet?

junksta
August 21st, 2008, 15:10
Any updates on dev hardware ? :confused:

--

Also,

Contact the admin: This forum is NOT EVEN VISIBLE under PSP, PS3 and PS2 Discussion forum :eek:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=199

that1guywiththeface
August 28th, 2008, 20:02
Any updates yet?

animekid4
January 10th, 2009, 22:30
I think everyone that reads this site often understands dev unit. MY question is how the hell are the screens too big?? WTF does that mean?

Highly mistaken.
In fact....you are probably going to want to explain everything from the bottom...(im talking coding on up)
when you introduce something to this site.

Which brings me to the conclusion:wha?

jonathan.code
December 25th, 2009, 01:36
Any chance i could buy a dev unit? i am going to be building a touchscreen psp phone. the other option is buying one off sparkfun :P Any suggestions are welcome