PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Dead Down Under?

JKKDARK
August 14th, 2008, 14:54
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/898/898719p1.html

The chequered history of Rock Band in Australia could be set to take yet another turn, as an undisclosed retail source told us today that the game's release may be delayed indefinitely. Word is that retail buyers simply aren't interested in stocking a bulky product that's a year old and will cost more than its similarly bulky – and up to date - competitor Guitar Hero: World Tour.

This is dire news if true, yet that's not the worst of it. Further rumours suggest that - for similar reasons - Rock Band 2 may not come out either, and that the Guitar Hero series has the market sewn up. Whether EA would simply cede control of such a lucrative genre to a competitor remains to be seen, however, and we're hoping that it will still push to release the second game in Australia.

We've approached EA for comment but have been unsuccessful so far. Stay tuned for more info.

fpcreator2000
August 14th, 2008, 18:29
It pays to release products in a timely fashion.

boldizzle
August 14th, 2008, 20:29
It pays to release products in a timely fashion.

so true. I live in NZ and had decided months ago that Rock Band isn't worth it because they were so slack to get it released here(which obviously it still isn't) so this news makes me glad that I've decided to stay loyal to the Guitar Hero series.