PDA

View Full Version : FCC Confirms PSP Redesign Number 3001 With Few Visible Improvements

Shrygue
August 14th, 2008, 21:05
via Gizmodo US (http://gizmodo.com/5036848/fcc-confirms-psp-redesign-number-3001-with-few-visible-improvements)

The FCC has come through again, giving up testing info on Sony's upcoming PSP-3001 redesign. It's still the same generation PSP and still has most of the same parts (802.11b Wi-Fi) and still plays the same games, so we're guessing most of the changes will be internal and focused on lowering costs and making the thing harder to hack. Why do we think that? Because that's exactly what Jack Tretton of SCEA said in the roundtable at E3, that Sony's working on securing the platform from piracy. We'll just have to wait and see whether it's worth upgrading to this version if you've already got a PSP.

mike_jmg
August 14th, 2008, 21:43
lowering costs and making the thing harder to hack, no thank you

alanparker05
August 14th, 2008, 22:01
Well sony's done it again they've given us exactly none of the things we really want it will only be worth upgrading if there's a significant reduction in weight, power consumption and cost

Saracchini
August 14th, 2008, 22:05
No significative changes... so i will continue to use my Ta-79 PSP phat.

Zack
August 14th, 2008, 22:47
Sony should stop working on the look of the PSP and work on the key things that are missing in the software.

devdj
August 14th, 2008, 23:39
Sony should stop working on the look of the PSP and work on the key things that are missing in the software.

i agree they need to get some proper quality games to be brought out for the end of the year i know that this years software releases were nothing like last years but i want real time stratagy games like empire earth for the psp i know there is field commander but that game is not rts it is a turn based tactics game and also we need mmo's like second life or if they brought out a world of warcraft type of game but with out the need to pay for online gaming like so many mmo's

maxipower90
August 14th, 2008, 23:43
there will be no PSP 2 until Piracy ends...

i enjoy snes and GBA games on my PSP tho

jrsmaster411
August 15th, 2008, 01:38
It sounds like their just gonna replace the current psp with a harder to hack one that's basically the same. Can't blame them for trying to stop piracy. Why make Great games when people just download them

caffeinekid
August 15th, 2008, 17:29
It sounds like their just gonna replace the current psp with a harder to hack one that's basically the same. Can't blame them for trying to stop piracy. Why make Great games when people just download them

I agree in principle but the PS3 is a secure platform but... where are the great games for that?

They are always "coming soon" but never arrive.

I use my PSP for emulation mainly - it's my portable SNES and Spectrum and Genesis. Only a handful of PSP games are worth having to be honest, but then again I'm a bit of a retro-gamer and hard to please with graphics over playability.

animekid4
August 15th, 2008, 18:07
I agree in principle but the PS3 is a secure platform but... where are the great games for that?

They are always "coming soon" but never arrive.

I use my PSP for emulation mainly - it's my portable SNES and Spectrum and Genesis. Only a handful of PSP games are worth having to be honest, but then again I'm a bit of a retro-gamer and hard to please with graphics over playability.

I kinda agree with ya. Most psp games just........arent worth the drive, and psp games take up to much space on the MS to actually be worth the piracy.

kevintrooper
August 15th, 2008, 19:44
Antenna? NOOOOOO. Why do they have to do this. They just want to bug people (who own PSPs) so much that they buy the 3000. But no thank you. Motherboard v3 (or v4) =|

sonofsamus
August 17th, 2008, 04:33
Calm down. They all have antennas, sport. They're internal. How did you think you were receiving WiFi without one?

kjetil1991
August 17th, 2008, 09:51
there will be no PSP 2 until Piracy ends...

i enjoy snes and GBA games on my PSP tho
eh... you mean psp 3?:D