PDA

View Full Version : GameMusicGear~MX Release Candidate 2.0

wraggster
August 15th, 2008, 00:44
News/release from silmarilion (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=143617)

Hi there, i'm releasing an update to GameMusicGear, this version has some bug fixes and several new features .

For those who didn't know the app, GameMusicGear is a multiformat music player based on some popular pc players like winamp and xmms (and the nice gp32's oldplay). Please visit this link to see the old pics and info (Release Candidate 1.0)

Here is the ChangeLog for this version:

+ add support for 48 khz songs.
+ add new default 'greymax' skin made by maxo.
+ add display of album art found in song's folder (AlbumArtSmall.jpg, Folder.jpg, ...).
+ add visualizer selector in fullscreen mode.
+ add display of play time and song info in fullscreen mode.
+ add support for 32 bit BMP graphics.
+ add support for psp internal font format through intraFont by BenHur.
+ add in_cube input plugin.
+ add in_uade input plugin.
+ add in_sc68 input plugin.
+ add new vis_blast visual plugin.
+ add new vis_lyrics visual plugin.
+ add display of main volume graphics.

* fix rar (and rsn) files are handled correctly now.
* fix memory bug when playing compressed files.

I'm currently working on a c64 sid, wma and ym plugins, they will be available with the next version. Also the next version will include the realtime equalizer engine .

The main purpose of this release is to fix bugs and make optimizations but any comments or ideas are welcome. I have added sakya's 3xx kernel exception handler to this release, when an exception occurs a file called 'exception.log' will be created, so if you want to help please send me the file with a brief description of the crash.

Here is a screenshot of the new skin:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5889/screenshot0jb6.png

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mcdougall57
August 15th, 2008, 01:14
what happens when you reach 1000 tracks?

venomhack2005
August 15th, 2008, 07:26
To start of the program looks good enough to be release by Sony as an acutal addon to a new FW version.
Problem:
Im using PHAT with 4.01 m33 -2
The app starts up perfeclty but when i choose a song it goes right back to XMB. And my 1.50 addon is not activivated. So it might be the firware or maby a bug.:confused:
Note: My battery was at 23% then i pluged it in Still dd the same!

Plz if its a bug Fix it quick the app look freaking amazing!!!^^

hack.fool
August 15th, 2008, 08:41
I test it on my psp slim 3.90 M33-2

enter a folder some songs have problem with filename, others songs appears just like a folder..?

problem solved with a single folder for all song :D

btw
amazing application and even improved since the last release!!
Thanks a lot for your work!!

jaws365
August 15th, 2008, 11:12
Thanks for this update! I have been using v0.1.0 untill now as I found it more stable than last release. Can't wait for sid and ym support. Your'e the man :D

EDIT: It crashes after loading a song, screen goes black and PSP resets. I have Phat PSP with CFW 3.90 M33-3. I tried to load nsf, gym and midi.

LunaMaria
August 15th, 2008, 12:13
seeing the words game music gear in katakana, i was wondering does support unicode in song titles?

kevintrooper
August 15th, 2008, 19:39
I see that there are a lot of bugs. But. one thing i'm wondering is: can it play Shoutcast files... like Winamp?

magex
October 6th, 2008, 05:32
I cant get the midi files to play on my fat psp, with 3.90 M33. It gives some debug screen and exits instantly.

iceydamo
June 24th, 2009, 13:25
all it does on my psp slim is fire up i carnt do anything it just sits there i have to hold the pwer button cause even the home button doesnt work