PDA

View Full Version : homemade SD memory card

Fredgoobus
August 15th, 2008, 01:06
Ok, I salvaged an SD card reader frame from my old dead camera, and it seems to be intact. I'm looking into buying an old GC memory card off of my friend (Since I need mine for actual use) to gut, but I want to get a few things straight first. I found one tutorial on building a homemade Gecko adaptor, but he seemed to stress that the soldering layout may be different on my card. So, I want to know if I can just solder it the same way as he did. It seems to me that it would be the same, but I want to be sure. What would really be nice is another tutorial altogether. :P

Second thing, if I were to get MCBackup or some such program that copies GC saves from the gecko, could I boot it with the TP hack? I think the TP hack only works with the front sd slot now... but could it be done? Thanks. :D

Fredgoobus
August 15th, 2008, 15:18
My questions must stump everybody, because this is the fourth time I've posted something with no reply. O_o

paulyreece
August 25th, 2008, 14:31
Hi there, do you know how I can put a ds game on my sd card. the problem is i get a message saying the disc is protected, even though it was from a torrent site? any ideas?

tamamaroro
November 29th, 2008, 18:43
@paulyreece: When it says that the disc is protected it means that your SD Card is locked. You need to flip the switch on the side.

evilzippy
December 24th, 2008, 07:04
the IT crowd springs to mind here lol