PDA

View Full Version : Eboot Loader v0.8 for PSP v2.0 Firmware

wraggster
November 9th, 2005, 08:30
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/) has released a new version of the excellent Eboot Loader (Homebrew and Emulation Boot Loader) for the PSP Firmware 2.0 users, heres whats new in this latest release:

v0.8 : Usability, compatibility
- Added capability to reboot the PSP without holding the power button.
During any EBOOT, just hold Left Trigger, Right Trigger and START
buttons for 1 second to exit the loader and reboot back to the PSP
menu.
- Separated menu binary from loader binary, to allow custom menu creation.
Included custom menu by Calum.
- Added kernel-mode override facility - allows the loader to attempt
to load apps marked as kernel-mode, that don't really require
kernel access. This doesn't enable a huge number of apps, but it
does enable a few - e.g. ScummVM 0.5, PSPChess, Nethack. Expect more
progress in the future.
- Relax requirement to resolve all NIDs. Now you can choose to ignore
failed NIDs in the hope that they aren't required.
- Improved USER_LUA stability (by incorporating the 0.7 USER_LUA patch)
- Added PowerTick() call to prevent display dimming during play
- Skip calling .init code by default
- Allow easier co-existence of multiple loader versions.
- Improve memory and thread manager semaphoring.
- Added all remaining VSH-mode NIDs, thanks to Vampyre's work.
- Moved working EBOOT list to new web-page.
- Filled in some missing opcodes from the disassembler
- Added syscall dereferencing to disassembler
- Added hook to sceKernelCreateThread, to improve thread monitoring
- Reduced screen spam during loading, by moving it to debug-only build
- Attempt to load more of the ELF sections into RAM if appropriate
- Retired hokey malloc implementation during file load, use proper
memory blocks now.

Heres a list of newly working homebrew etc with this release:

New Working applications in this release:
- PSP Chess
- Nethack
- ScummVM PSP Beta5
- ODE Test
- Sudoku 1.0
- C64 PSP 0.2
- Ikuzo
- PSPGenesis 0.18c
- Germ-PSP 4k Intro
- PCE for PSP 0.7
- DOOM screen offset now fixed

Download Now via the comments.

Excellent work Fanjita :)

*o*
November 9th, 2005, 08:44
thankyou soo much this is great!!

Revol
November 9th, 2005, 11:00
Hmm, it just hangs 90% of the time when I pick the image in the Photo menu. It has booted a couple of times though, when I try and load things off the shiny new menu it just says 'Loading', sits there and then switches the machine off :( I could get 0.7 to work just fine, I might have to go back to that which is a shame!

bonzai
November 9th, 2005, 11:49
PCEP v0.7 doesn't seem to load/work.

groovemaster303
November 9th, 2005, 11:53
psp genesis works and so does neocd0.1 but snes TYL0.1 does not so i've been fiddling round with my settings and using a combo of 0.7 & 0.8 i can use all the best emus without any problems
great work fanjita though you are doing what nobody else seems be able to do and thats get homebrew working on 2.0
now if only we could get a 333mhz clock speed for playing official umds on 2.0

Fanjita
November 9th, 2005, 14:31
There's a patch available for some of the hang problems. Here. Just replace your L_08.BIN file with this one.

ukkevinl
November 9th, 2005, 16:29
Absolutely awesome!!! Love the new menu, the exit, the fact that PSP Genesis and SNES9xTYL 0.1 work (with the patch) and also NesterJ and SCUMMVM. The only thing that I use is now broken is RIN whichever loader version (0.3, 0.7 or 0.8) I try.

Any ideas for RIN?

cheers

Kevin

joesnose
November 9th, 2005, 17:20
Absolutely awesome!!! Love the new menu, the exit, the fact that PSP Genesis and SNES9xTYL 0.1 work (with the patch) and also NesterJ and SCUMMVM. The only thing that I use is now broken is RIN whichever loader version (0.3, 0.7 or 0.8) I try.

Any ideas for RIN?

cheers

Kevin

try another version of rin, it works for me on 0.7 and 0.8!

ukkevinl
November 9th, 2005, 17:31
try another version of rin, it works for me on 0.7 and 0.8!
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Before installing the 0.8 loader I was using 1.32 with 0.7 loader and had no problems. Which version do you think I should try next?

cheers

Kevin

parabolee
November 9th, 2005, 17:33
Yeah RIN is funny for me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

AWESOME WORK Fanjita!!!

Was hoping the DOOM offset would be fixed soon :)

Now with PSP Genesis (and the latest ScummVM) working I have almost no reason at all to even want to go back to 1.5.

You rule dude!!!!

vaza
November 9th, 2005, 17:37
Hmm, it just hangs 90% of the time when I pick the image in the Photo menu. It has booted a couple of times though, when I try and load things off the shiny new menu it just says 'Loading', sits there and then switches the machine off :( I could get 0.7 to work just fine, I might have to go back to that which is a shame!
MAke sure u have no umd in the drive, there is a lower possibility of it working when the psp is already busy reading the umd.

Nice Guy Eddy
November 9th, 2005, 17:46
:confused: plz could some1 tell me how to set this up it would be really apreceated!!!! :confused:

parabolee
November 9th, 2005, 17:54
WOW the menu looks awesome!!

Why did you add the nice new picture with the old loader and not 0.8 which still uses the potion.

Also there is a bug, whenever I use L R & START it works perfect to retunr to the PSP menu BUT it locks up if I try to go back to the loader menu. Is it just me or is thatnormal with this version? Hope that can be fixed. This is an amazing program! If we ever get kernel mode working it will be even more amazing!

Fantastic work!!! You got my vote in this months clicks for devs!!

parabolee
November 9th, 2005, 18:01
Set up is easy.

Copy everything in the zip directly over to your PSP memory card and then goto your PSP's images and select the Eboot loader 0.8 folder. It will load as soon as you select it :)

enjoy

ukkevinl
November 9th, 2005, 18:06
Yeah RIN is funny for me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

AWESOME WORK Fanjita!!!

Was hoping the DOOM offset would be fixed soon :)

Now with PSP Genesis (and the latest ScummVM) working I have almost no reason at all to even want to go back to 1.5.

You rule dude!!!!

Odd RIN just worked again but with a buzzing sound on the ROM select page... I'm sure that someone has found this before!

cheers

Kevin

wakeuphater
November 9th, 2005, 18:19
Has anyone tried FastLoader 0.7 with this yet? I'm still running 1.5 or I would try it myself. I'm curious because I like putting my games on my memory card so they load a lot faster.

bill00000
November 9th, 2005, 18:45
fastloader's not gonna work.

DKNY2000
November 9th, 2005, 18:48
plz could some1 tell me how to set this up it would be really apreceated!!!!

H3NCH
November 9th, 2005, 19:03
they are starting to get it to work in kernel mode does that mean that fastloader might soon work?

Fanjita
November 9th, 2005, 19:31
they are starting to get it to work in kernel mode does that mean that fastloader might soon work?

No, it's not true kernel-mode - it tries to patch the apps so that they're no longer kernel-mode apps. There's no way that's going to work for things (like fastloader) that need kernel-mode to operate.

pauldude550
November 9th, 2005, 19:31
if you want to know how to install it...you should install the readme file found in the download. as you cannot be bothered to read it, i'll try and remember how i did it...
open the zip, go to psp then photo. copy eboot loader 08 into your psp in the following directory:
psp>>>PHOTO>>> (here)
Also, in the zip there are a couple of files if you go back a couple, you need to copy these (i think it's l and l_08 or something) you need to put these onto the root, EG, if you go into my computer, click on (f) or whatever the psp drive is, whack them straight into there. Now...it should work..
i hope i don't have to tell you to turn on your psp, but turn it on. From the main menu go into the photo section. Then the folder which is called eboot loader 08, press circle. If it stalls of hangs, then do a hard rest (hold the power button up for about 10 secs) then turn it on again. If it still fails to load then download the fix patch. place the file you get into the root, replacing the old one which existed there. i hope that cleared somethings up, and i also hope no one else asks how to get it going...

Topknot
November 9th, 2005, 19:37
Firstly, thanks for the release fanjita, top stuff!

However, I have issues with C64 PSP 0.2 :(

The program loads but doesnt see any games in the folder. I tried loading it with square instead of x but just hangs at a black screen...

Anyone got C64 PSP 0.2 running games on this launcher?

DKNY2000
November 9th, 2005, 19:56
hi guy's
i installing the 0.8 loader but ((Burnout Legends.ISO)) not work !!!!
do i have to installing any of ((UMD Emulator V0.8C)) or ((Fastloader v0.7)) or ((Device Hook Launcher)) to make it work ?

please guide me

regards 4 all

parabolee
November 9th, 2005, 20:15
FASTLOADER AND UMD EMULATOR WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS!!!!

Not now and probably not ever!

urchin
November 9th, 2005, 20:25
Firstly, thanks for the release fanjita, top stuff!

However, I have issues with C64 PSP 0.2 :(

The program loads but doesnt see any games in the folder. I tried loading it with square instead of x but just hangs at a black screen...

Anyone got C64 PSP 0.2 running games on this launcher?

Whoa! I'm amazed it gets this far! I'm working to make the next release of c64psp compatible.

Just one idea - have you put the games in /PSP/C64ROMS? It won't find the games if you put them in the emulator folder.

caythos
November 9th, 2005, 20:39
Thank you so much fanjita, I can't wait to get home from work to try this out.

iball
November 9th, 2005, 20:50
hi guy's
i installing the 0.8 loader but ((Burnout Legends.ISO)) not work !!!!
do i have to installing any of ((UMD Emulator V0.8C)) or ((Fastloader v0.7)) or ((Device Hook Launcher)) to make it work ?

please guide me

regards 4 all
Ok, Donna Karan, while you might be a famous designer you CANNOT ask for help about things like "ISO loaders" and "ISOs" in here since it's a violation of the site's policies to do so.

vincesecuricor2005
November 9th, 2005, 20:58
hmmmm.... but some people use it cos it really does beat carrying around all the umds

pauldude550
November 9th, 2005, 21:16
i'm no c64 wizard, but is the rom you are trying to load in a zip file, if it is, it may not be able to see the zip file. maybe try unzipping and putting it back.

Chazzmos
November 9th, 2005, 22:54
Fanjita, thank you. You've done such an excellent job and we are all in your debt. Go firmware 2.0!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chazzmos
November 9th, 2005, 23:03
So er.... which version of SNES 9xTYL works with v8 of the loader?

There were reports of SNES 9xTYL corrupting the memorty stick... Any advice guys?

bobcobb
November 9th, 2005, 23:35
Any chance wifi jukebox or psp radio will work? How about in the future?

Psphreak
November 9th, 2005, 23:57
Chazzmos: Only version .1 of the tyl version work. Check out http://yoyofr.fr.st/ for any information about the corrupting thing.

vincesecuricor2005
November 10th, 2005, 01:19
this is all groundbreaking stuff but until 99.9% of stuff is compatible with 2.00 i just cant bring myself to upgrade (+ i havent put down sqaurez for 3 weeks lol)

NeoXCS
November 10th, 2005, 01:53
Yeah, i would upgrade if wifi jukebox works or will work. :)

vincesecuricor2005
November 10th, 2005, 04:21
neoXCS sorry to bother u but could u send me that background without the txt it rocks

pauldude550
November 10th, 2005, 09:00
If you guys had read in posts around, then you will know that the jukebox won't work, nor will any other app that requires wifi. I don't want to get to technical, because i don't think i know anything about it but from what i picked up it requires kernal access. That thing is the reason why quite a few things aren't going to work.

ayhoung
November 10th, 2005, 14:02
hey does anyone have an error with lua player? im getting like a no script file found error..

vincesecuricor2005
November 10th, 2005, 14:07
we know this paul what i was sayin is i will wait til that is no longer a problem before upgradin

Topknot
November 10th, 2005, 15:09
i'm no c64 wizard, but is the rom you are trying to load in a zip file, if it is, it may not be able to see the zip file. maybe try unzipping and putting it back.

S'ok now, I was putting my roms in the wrong dir :rolleyes:

Had it all running perfect on 1.5 but forgot about the ROMS folder when I put it back on.

wakeuphater
November 10th, 2005, 19:45
i'm not going to upgrade. no sense in upgrading to something i don't want. i put my games on my memory card so they load faster. so if fastloader 0.7 won't work, i'm not going to upgrade. but definently good work fanjita. how about getting a fastloader to work :)

pauldude550
November 10th, 2005, 19:50
sorry about that then, i didn't know. Obviously it would be nice for that! just think about those poor people who have no clue about homebrew and what they're missing out on, then you will realise you're still getting the best deal even if psp radio isn't working yet par say.
I actually purchased a game for the psp, thinking that i would never do it, and would just copy games from net. I admit i did download 2 games, however i could a) never use them because i was stuck with the 32mb and b) i'm not sure...obviously now i won't be able to use them at all, and i'm glad, because i want to buy the games. I hope i have hit some people with inspiration, if i haven't, i'm sorry.

DKNY2000
November 10th, 2005, 20:03
i'm not going to upgrade. no sense in upgrading to something i don't want. i put my games on my memory card so they load faster. so if fastloader 0.7 won't work, i'm not going to upgrade. but definently good work fanjita. how about getting a fastloader to work :)
;) ;) ;)

vincesecuricor2005
November 10th, 2005, 23:52
if he got fastloader to work with 2.00 he can expect a donation and some serious thankyous from me as i HATE carrying my games around and love overclocking the ones i have (which i do own and dumped myself) from my ms.

eiyosus
November 10th, 2005, 23:57
I've seen more and more games being released for PSP that I want to play. I haven't upgraded because I love my emus. I was wondering if it worth it to upgrade. I only use Snes TYL, Jnes, Rin, PSPVICE, PSP Genesis. I'm not really interested in other homebrew stuff that much. So, should I upgrade? Is this program pretty reliable? Does anybody think later versions of Snes TYL will be able to load? I don't mean to be anoying, I was just interested in hearing what everybody thinks. Thanks.

vincesecuricor2005
November 11th, 2005, 00:56
it does all the things you say you want it too but for me its still a little unreliable and doesnt do some programs that i really want it to

parabolee
November 11th, 2005, 01:21
Well you can always upgrade and try it out and play the newer games that need 2.00, and then if you change your mind later you can sell those games and downgrade back to 1.50

I fully intended to go back to 1.50 once I got bored with GTA:LCS but now the 2.0 eboot loader plays 90% of the stuff I care about I think I'll stick with 2.00.

Plus the eboot loader is getting a lot better all the time. The ability to exit the emu back to the normal menu is a HUGE plus in this version!

But right now it won't boot the Eboot loader again for me :(

But I'm sure 0.9 will fix that :)

TheSly
November 11th, 2005, 01:29
So please endulge me in this multiple choice.
To play GTA:LCS you need
a) 2.0 and your original UMD,
b) 2.0 and a version of fastloader and a GTA:LCS ISO?
c) 1.5 and some combination from above?

I'm interested in going to 2.0, but want to keep my emus, so this may be an option. Thanks for your work man!

vincesecuricor2005
November 11th, 2005, 01:46
2.0 and the actual umd (as there is no fastloader/umd emulator that is compatible with 2.0

Chazzmos
November 11th, 2005, 07:16
Hey, has anyone had trouble with SNES TYL v0.1 with the loader?? I've only used emus on 2.0 firmware (go Fanjita, it's your birthday) so I don't know if it's the loader or if it's the emu... Any suggestions?

Chazzmos
November 11th, 2005, 07:17
When I say trouble I mean - loads the emu but then often hangs on the 'loading rom' screen.

Tom1214
November 11th, 2005, 15:13
how do i install it anyways?

groovemaster303
November 11th, 2005, 18:13
with the patch installed i'm having no problems with snestyl, pspgenesis or neogeocd.
its buggy yes but it works and is perfect alternative for when you want a break from GTA.
i have isos which do come in handy with certain games (load times)
burnout with a custom soundtrack rocks.
everything else i've played to death and i don't think i'll go back to them.

vincesecuricor2005
November 12th, 2005, 00:51
but surely they will crack either 1. GTA or 2. 2.0 to the point it can do nearly the same as 1.50

scarface350
November 12th, 2005, 10:31
they should make sumthing that installs the avc codec into 1.5 psp since thats whats stopping us....

vincesecuricor2005
November 12th, 2005, 12:20
no its not as people have ripped the gta vids on games that do work on 1.50 and they played fine so now peeps are sayin that gta uses 2.00 encryption or some s**t like that

pauldude550
November 12th, 2005, 14:07
i have isos which do come in handy with certain games (load times)
burnout with a custom soundtrack rocks.

are you saying you load isos from 2.00? how do you manage that?

supernaut
November 12th, 2005, 23:54
does lua user run on eboot 0.8? it says its missing script but it was working today then i went back to play again and it wasnt working.

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

vincesecuricor2005
November 13th, 2005, 00:17
to pauldude i think wat groovemaster meant was he played the isos BEFORE upgradin to 2.00 and thats the only thing he kinda misses (i Think)

GoD_sPeeD
November 13th, 2005, 14:15
any one know of a working gbaemu for eboot loader(fw 2.00)

Exelent Job Fanjita.keep up the awesome work :P ...
I hope that sone some one crack the Gta lcs as they crack the GT4(ps2) so it could be played in the fastloder in fw1.5..that would be a very good reason to downgrade ...

supernaut
November 13th, 2005, 17:06
rin is a gba emulator that runs on 2.0

vincesecuricor2005
November 13th, 2005, 21:12
que? rin is for gb and gbc only NOT gba

RAZ'77
November 13th, 2005, 22:25
Hello everyone can anyone please help me I have an mac where do I get a emulator or are they both the same for PC or Mac and how do I install the emulator on to the PSP? Thanks

monkeymanbreakdown
November 13th, 2005, 23:02
thanks for that

supernaut
November 14th, 2005, 00:31
has anyone had a problem with the eboot loaders running user_lua? it says there is no script to read can someone help with that problem?

Killerd4132
November 14th, 2005, 06:02
HEy real quick question/ problem i did all the extracting right and i have v2.0 and mi psp doesnt show load menu program jus the lua and the other eboots i have as currupt data files?! im so lost .....

ed00
November 14th, 2005, 11:30
how do you get PCE for PSP 0.7 to run on loader 0.8 I have tried the different boot options but everytime I get the blackscreen of death and eventual power off. is there a specific directory structure for example?

anyone know if the amiga emu can run on 0.8 - In my non conclusive tests it does not run - any one else?

groovemaster303
November 14th, 2005, 23:54
are you saying you load isos from 2.00? how do you manage that?
i have iso's from when i was using 1.5 but now i'm running 2.0 to play GTA

vincesecuricor2005
November 15th, 2005, 01:51
are you gonna downgrade wen u finish it groove?

kaos
November 15th, 2005, 07:59
can i use psp pda with this?

groovemaster303
November 15th, 2005, 10:52
are you gonna downgrade wen u finish it groove?
dunno yet i do like 1.5 better coz of the 333mhz umd/iso option on devhook/fastloader mainly and of course i love the emus.
still i'm only around 40% done on gta so 2.5 may be cracked by the time i have finished it.
i bought my psp in may from japan and stuck with 1.5 until last week but to be honest i'm scared stiff of downgrading incase i brick me psp.

km1705
November 15th, 2005, 15:32
First things first - great job Fanjita, excellent program.

Secondly, I'm very ignorant to the finer aspects of coding, so could someone pls tell me what the likelihood of the Eboot Loader being able to play kernel-mode programs in the future is? Or FW 2.5 being cracked? Asking because I'd love to use a UMD emulator/fast loader, just to change the god-awful soundtrack on Burnout Legends...

KoolAidMan
November 16th, 2005, 00:39
if i put this on my psp, will all lua games work, or do i need some type of patch

vincesecuricor2005
November 16th, 2005, 01:05
groove the downgrader is wicked ive done my own twice and six of my friends/familys psps NO problems its qaulity

richy23
November 22nd, 2005, 20:13
I have downloaded this, where on the memory stick do i put it?

cheers