PDA

View Full Version : SCEE - HOME Beta Invites - NOT a valued member of the PSN?

wraggster
August 15th, 2008, 21:40
Yes I know this is a bitter sounding news post but why not let the ranting out now rather than let it ruin a weekend……

So the HOME Beta Emails were sent out to those lucky few. Some people were not as lucky.

To quote from the email that was sent out…“We’ve chosen to offer access to Home to a select number of PLAYSTATION®3 owners, and as a valued member of PLAYSTATION®Network, you have been selected”

Now SCEE define valued please because looking at the forums and other news sites it seems people who have signed up to the PSN in 2008 and have less than 5 posts in the forums seem to have had more success than the likes of the owners who have had membership since late 2006 and spend more than a ÂŁ1000 on PSN and BD games (not forgetting the BD films), lets not forget the amount of time these people spend online with their purchases.

Lets also remember that feature on the playstation website were you can add what hardware and software you own (of which I keep up to date religiously). It seems that feature is also worthless and pretty pointless.

So what did get you into the HOME Beta this month? I spoke to a friend at SONY in London and he told me that most people who bought MGS4 are the chosen ones. I can counter that claim tho so it may not be 100% true, but as I have spent over ÂŁ1000 on PS3 titles and spent hours online the only game I did not purchase was MGS4, maybe it is true.

I wonder if Dan Hill - Home Service Manager can shed light on this outrageous situation? After all the Americans had to do something to have a chance of getting access to Home and that was a simple download of the HOME theme. Europeans are being chosen on some other ideals.

Lets just look back at some of the BETA testing and the testers that were chosen. Lets start with Warhawk. What a mess that was when released to the public, wtf were the Beta testers doing… messing about no doubt and rolling around IRC channels gloating they have beta, I suppose SONY chose those BETA testers via some arcane method.

So I can only see a “pending FAIL” if all the users are generally not bothered about the BETA side of things and just want to run about doing nothing to make the service more robust, youre not going to help the community are you!

So maybe in the future SONY get some proper testers in on the action, people who actually understand what being a BETA tester is all about.

Lets not forget about those people who were already on the Home Trial before events of the last day or 2, I know about 3 people who never use it at all, should you go through the accounts and remove those “dead” users to make room for more?

Please let us know if you have access and what you think you did right to get in on the action in the comments below.

http://www.vgwatchdog.com/?p=34

Accordion
August 16th, 2008, 18:43
I'm in!

Not really for me at the moment, the themed rooms for Warhwk etc might get me interested, but so far it is too much hassle for what it does… so much loading!!!

DPyro
August 16th, 2008, 19:05
Care to share? :o

Accordion
August 16th, 2008, 21:45
Do you mean more info or the download? I'm not sure it can be shared, I will check my download list later and check the file info.

Either way, I hope to post more information by the end of the weekend, t&c be dammed

DPyro
August 16th, 2008, 22:02
You can give me your account details to share it :D

Nicko01
August 16th, 2008, 23:14
I guess I missed another home beta... I still continue to get more excited for it. Is it really that great or are people just making it seem like more than it is?